Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

So the interview went well this morning.

I think I gave the 'right' answers for what they were looking for.

I will know within the week whether I will be offered the position or not. :)

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I love job interviews. :lol:

I know it's weird but sometimes I'll just apply to jobs and go to interviews with no intention of actually working at the place. I just like sitting there and answering their questions and asking my own.

Donne moi une poptart!

I know it's weird but sometimes I'll just apply to jobs and go to interviews with no intention of actually working at the place. I just like sitting there and answering their questions and asking my own.

:lol:

I'm pretty good with job interviews. I just pretend I'm writing an English Lit exam and BS my way through the answer if I don't have a 'good' answer....which is why I did so well in English Lit :D

Thankfully I didn't have to do that in this interview....much :innocent:

AOS/EAD

04/16/07 - NOA Date

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/05/09 - NOA1

10/29/09 - Approved!

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

Filed: Timeline

Yay! I'm back online!! I picked up a new monitor last night. Now I just have to get used to it. lol

My Grandmother used to make crab apple liqueur - I can't remember if it was good or not.

That's how good it was! :lol: I know you didn't intend that to be funny but I was thinking..... she drank so much she can't remember it. lol. Never mind. It was funny to me. lol

My parents and little sister are coming to visit me tomorrow and they're staying for a week. They just missed me so they decided to make a trip out of it! :)

Awwwww. That's so nice. Hope you're having a great time, Huggles. :)

I quit my current job today and accepted a new amazing job somewhere else last night.

That is awesome, Sapphire! Congratulations!!!

I don't wanna go back to work tomorrow. I need a vacation from my vacation. :crying:

:lol: Holy smokes, Cat! Sorry about your concussion.

My son volunteered my time to cook some food in January. He's participating in this "Foods from around the World" event at school and told them that I could make Nanaimo bars. So I get this letter from his teacher saying: "THANK YOU FOR VOLUNTEERING! We will need at least 300 servings as we are expecting over 700 people..." :huh:

Holy. :blink: Not a really good way to get people to volunteer. :lol: Nanaimo bars will be awesome! 300 servings, eh? Where's an M&M's when you need one? :lol:

So the interview went well this morning.

I think I gave the 'right' answers for what they were looking for.

I will know within the week whether I will be offered the position or not. :)

Excellent, J&K! Congratulations!!

Okay, you are, like, the weirdest person I know. :lol: I hate job interviews. Mind you, I haven't interviewed for one in many many years, so I may have changed my opinion on that. Nope. Just thought about it. I still hate job interviews. lol

iagree.gif

Timeline

Okay, you are, like, the weirdest person I know. :lol: I hate job interviews. Mind you, I haven't interviewed for one in many many years, so I may have changed my opinion on that. Nope. Just thought about it. I still hate job interviews. lol

Yea I am kind of quirky.

I don't know why I like them. I just like talking to people to be honest.

I'm going to be the crazy old lady who talks to everyone. :P

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

i keep doing job interviews for real estate positions. They are all ok to hire me once i get my license. of course all of these positions are commissions based only and you invest your money at first. And who says real estate says no money for the first 6 months.

Although yesterday i had an amazing interview with a commercial real estate. They do property development etc. I LOVE IT. Im trying to get an office position first so at least we'll have some kind of income coming in (husband back to school) and I'll have time to get my license

Fingers crossed (although it never works for me)

K-1
Oct. 2, 2008 - Sent I-129F to CSC
May 12, 2009 - Interview - Approved
July 28, 2009 - Civil Wedding
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS
Aug. 10, 2009 - AOS/EAD/AP Package received in Chicago
Oct. 27, 2009 - Interview - APPROVED !!
Nov. 06, 2009 - Green Card Received

ROC
Aug. 13, 2011 - ROC Package sent to VSC
May 31, 2012 - ROC - APPROVED !!!
June 11, 2012 - Green Card Received

Naturalization
Mar 21, 2013 - N-400 Package sent to Lewisville,TX
Mar 22, 2013 - Package delivered
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA
Mar 27, 2013 - Check cashed
Apr 09, 2013 - Early Biometrics (Appt scheduled for April 18th)

Jul 10, 2013 - Interview - PASSED

Jul 26, 2013 - Oath Ceremony

Ahhh. Back in Vancouver after a rather long travel day yesterday... Fly from Washington D.C. to Milwaukee, Milwaukee to Seattle, then drive from Seattle to Vancouver, arriving at 1:00 AM local time, which FELT like 4:00 AM owing to the fact that I was acclimated to EST. I'm a bit jetlagged, but I usually adapt pretty quickly. Oddly enough, it actually feels EARLIER than 9:30 to me now, rather than later... :wacko:

Now for two weeks of packing up my apartment...then I get to spend a few days with my wife and in-laws for U.S. Thanksgiving in Buffalo. Huzzah!

I'm just hoping yesterday's RFE gets processed pronto so that I no longer have to wait to wait. :P

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good luck chadlure and J&K.

krikit, I see what you mean :lol:

Good morning. So our check engine light yesterday - had a $350 fix - it was the pump that monitors the engine - so the check engine light was on because the check engine thing wasn't working /sigh

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
My husband wanted to make some really fancy thai dish...

But we're Canadian! You know no one is going to be making Canadian food because no one thinks Canada has anything to offer that's different. So I am going to offer it and show them. :P

You could always make some poutine... :P

poutine.jpg

You could always make some poutine... :P

poutine.jpg

That is some scary looking poutine...in fact it looks more like the Flying Spaghetti Monster!

Have you been touched by his noodly appendage? :P

Edited by J&K

AOS/EAD

04/16/07 - NOA Date

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/05/09 - NOA1

10/29/09 - Approved!

3D Flags

Filed: Timeline
Ahhh. Back in Vancouver after a rather long travel day yesterday... Fly from Washington D.C. to Milwaukee, Milwaukee to Seattle, then drive from Seattle to Vancouver, arriving at 1:00 AM local time, which FELT like 4:00 AM owing to the fact that I was acclimated to EST. I'm a bit jetlagged, but I usually adapt pretty quickly. Oddly enough, it actually feels EARLIER than 9:30 to me now, rather than later... :wacko:

Now for two weeks of packing up my apartment...then I get to spend a few days with my wife and in-laws for U.S. Thanksgiving in Buffalo. Huzzah!

I'm just hoping yesterday's RFE gets processed pronto so that I no longer have to wait to wait. :P

Yay for Buffalo! :dance: And Vancouver. :P

Good morning. So our check engine light yesterday - had a $350 fix - it was the pump that monitors the engine - so the check engine light was on because the check engine thing wasn't working /sigh

Why didn't they just turn it off then? :lol: (I know, I know.)

krikit, since I don't have signatures on, I only just saw this on your page - that's hilarious :lol:

thth089345b6.gif

If you don't have your signatures on.... how did you see it? :lol:

That is some scary looking poutine...in fact it looks more like the Flying Spaghetti Monster!

Have you been touched by his noodly appendage? :P

:blush:

iagree.gif

Timeline

I love how Krikit goes through and reads all the OT posts she missed. That's gotta take some time! I admire you for that :lol:

And I'm having a lovely time, thanks!! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.