Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

back in VA!! Drove home from RI last night!! Man did the rain come down hard, at times could barely see the road so pulled over to 1 of the rest areas! Sunday is my last day of retirement! Start orientation On Monday--A week full of classroom stuff, then its off to my actual place of employment-a telemetry unit! A fair # of my nursing students still have no jobs in the DC area.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just got back from seeing Inglorious Basterds and I think it's the best Tarantino film yet. It's actually the best movie I've seen in a long time.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

My going away party is tonight and I dont want to go lol. How sad is that..

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

I know. There were a few times I felt like saying, "no..I don't wanna do this!" But I'm here now, and I am so glad. The wedding is in 4 weeks and I'm so excited about how everything is coming together.

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Love the new avatar, Trailmix! :lol:

employment-a telemetry unit!

Wow. That sounds pretty cool. Can't wait to hear all about it.

How was the party Beans? Or does your head hurt? :lol:

I'd just like to say that this gave me my morning chuckle: Link

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm going to the inlaws today for my husbands grandfathers birthday. Haven't seen them since last month so kind of looking forward to it. I'm trying to not complain anymore because if I can't fix it, I just need to find the brighter side of things. That's all.

So yea... excited to be spending time with family.

This is actually a lot easier than complaining. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

So, I went to my going away party that I didn't want to go to last. Needless to say, I called Jeremy (SO) when I got home and drunkenly sang Journey and dropped my Big Mac on the floor :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
So, I went to my going away party that I didn't want to go to last. Needless to say, I called Jeremy (SO) when I got home and drunkenly sang Journey and dropped my Big Mac on the floor :(

:lol::lol:

It's just as well about the big mac really - they aren't that good

So did you actually enjoy the party after all?

:lol: For some reason McDonalds always tastes so good after drinking....too bad it ended up on the floor!! :(:lol:

Hope you enjoyed your party!!

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Timeline

lol I had a great time. I glad I didn't go there all grumpy. We had the bar to ourselves lol the DJ played good music and I made an #### of myself :)

back in VA!! Drove home from RI last night!! Man did the rain come down hard, at times could barely see the road so pulled over to 1 of the rest areas! Sunday is my last day of retirement! Start orientation On Monday--A week full of classroom stuff, then its off to my actual place of employment-a telemetry unit! A fair # of my nursing students still have no jobs in the DC area.

Welcome back and good luck at your orientation on Monday!

Just got back from seeing Inglorious Basterds and I think it's the best Tarantino film yet. It's actually the best movie I've seen in a long time.

Tarantino is usually too violent to me. I saw the previews for this movie at another show and was horrified! :o

:lol:

I might have to change back to topo, every time I see this new one it's like whoa, what's that!

Good morning all!

I ADORE the avatar!! :lol:

lol I had a great time. I glad I didn't go there all grumpy. We had the bar to ourselves lol the DJ played good music and I made an #### of myself :)

I'm glad you did go, and had a good time. :)

this is funny... you can add the squirrel to any picture...lol

http://www.lutralutra.co.uk/squirrelizer/

1251053275280309637360619.jpg

Oh my word Marilyn. That is so funny! :lol: I tried that link several times but it's either been taken down now, or so busy that it's crashed.

Good morning everyone! We have someone we hired through craigslist coming today to rip up our front lawn. We had zoysia that had brown patch disease so we had to kill it all, and now are having to hire someone with a sod cutter to rip it all out. We'll then have to sow seed to replace it. What a horrible job! Gene thinks that this person isn't going to come through...me, the proverbial optimist thinks they'll show. :lol:

Enjoy your day!

stk200417rke-1.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.