loveaboo

Concern Filipina

120 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
"Two wrongs do not make a right."

"Never argue with an idiot because spectators cannot tell which is which."

"People who fight fire with fire usually end up with ashes."

I agree with this,theres no point of making an intelligent conversations with an idiot...Its better to just ignore with it and spend your energy to something very useful like helping other people of different nationalities not just pinay and that makes more sense.

Like what i have said we have our moderators here.

And to answer your question, some ppl are simply jelouse of filipinas and their hypocracy and ignorance should be ignored

Yes,just simply ignore cuz they are JEALOUS to see approvals of many filipinos almost every week,we hear good news.

I agree with this. I think there are 3 kinds of people who loves provoking people.

1. insecure/jealous one

2. ignorant

3. the person who just wants to provoke someone to test his character. Believe it or not, they do exist.

I think it's easy to determine no. 1. They are usually the bitter ones. I don't think there's anything we can do about it anymore.

Number 2 are those people who are clueless of what are they saying. Based on what I've read about the reactions and responses here, I'm sure some of you think I belong in that category. Though I know for myself that I'm not.

Anyways, I think the 3rd one is the most difficult to determine because he can act like type 1 and 2.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
[i appreciate the unsolicited advice coming from a newbie like you. Great thinking and very keen observation you got there with you. These issues about Filipinas singled out, zeroed in, stereotyped as scammers, gold diggers has been discussed and argued about since time immemorial and everytime a non-Filipino member gives his two cents worth, in the negative of course, about Filipinas, why human nature dictates us to be on the defense side and thus, we resort to retribution. We can't let them add insult to injury, so to speak.

I was actually worried that some will take offense and I'm sure there will be some. It's nice to know though that someone appreciates it.

Timeline
i have this one note for you, wait til somebody calls you a "racist" then let's see how good natured you will be.

But that's just me... I hate being picked on, but I try always to be polite still and maybe a tiny bit sarcasm will escape but mostly I try not to violate the TOS though.

I know what you mean. I've been called a racist also several times in this website. It can really be nerve-racking...

I had a productive day as usual, busy bee at the office, look after my king (hubby) and my prince (barney) and VJ last to check to know if RonMay had her biometrics...

Fish! patawa ka talaga! :thumbs:

OT: yup im done w/ my bio thanks for asking hehehehe... got my approval too :D ... waiting for my GC nalang... good luck sayo and thanks for dropping by

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Timeline
I respect your choices of responding to attacks. But I want to remind you that it's alright to fight back if someone picks a fight as long as you're not dragging yourself into the mud. Also, as much as possible, avoid insulting/attacking people while responding to attacks since that will make you no better than the person attacking/insulting you.

The highlighted sentence is pure nonsense. You are obligated to retribute if you have been insulted and attacked. Did Gabriela Silang, my fellow Ilocana, just sleep on her couch when the treacherous colonists were rampaging Northern Luzon with their atrocious acts? No, sir! For only a wimp or a woman who talks or writes a lot, but without any real action, would refuse to fight back. So, I suggest that you get armed and ready and cut down on your essays as it's getting to be boring and monotonous! :thumbs:

I'm sorry, I think you got me wrong. I'm so into fighting back especially if I know I'm right. But in a good way. As mentioned by another fellow earlier, defending yourself and making a point is one thing, but bickering is another.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
All i know is no one here in vj knows who you really are as a person except yourself. I believe, we are equally created by God, so i find it useless comparing each other. I believe that vj is for sharing and helping each other and lastly, I believe that vj was a nice website to hang out when nobody's attacking each other, i don't find it entertaining at all. Why can't we just busy our selves answering queries related to getting that "visa" instead of trying to prove that we are better than the other?]hmmmmmnnn frustrating.

Honestly, I thought that was part of the culture. I'm not trying to be mean, just from observation.

Edited by DEDixon

Life..... Nobody gets out alive.

Timeline
I respect your choices of responding to attacks. But I want to remind you that it's alright to fight back if someone picks a fight as long as you're not dragging yourself into the mud. Also, as much as possible, avoid insulting/attacking people while responding to attacks since that will make you no better than the person attacking/insulting you.

The highlighted sentence is pure nonsense. You are obligated to retribute if you have been insulted and attacked. Did Gabriela Silang, my fellow Ilocana, just sleep on her couch when the treacherous colonists were rampaging Northern Luzon with their atrocious acts? No, sir! For only a wimp or a woman who talks or writes a lot, but without any real action, would refuse to fight back. So, I suggest that you get armed and ready and cut down on your essays as it's getting to be boring and monotonous! :thumbs:

I'm sorry, I think you got me wrong. I'm so into fighting back especially if I know I'm right. But in a good way. As mentioned by another fellow earlier, defending yourself and making a point is one thing, but bickering is another.

Where does one end and the other begin?

I don't know where you got that idea but believe me that's not true.

All i know is no one here in vj knows who you really are as a person except yourself. I believe, we are equally created by God, so i find it useless comparing each other. I believe that vj is for sharing and helping each other and lastly, I believe that vj was a nice website to hang out when nobody's attacking each other, i don't find it entertaining at all. Why can't we just busy our selves answering queries related to getting that "visa" instead of trying to prove that we are better than the other?]hmmmmmnnn frustrating.

Honestly, I thought that was part of the culture. I'm not trying to be mean, just from observation.

Visit My Website

Nothing Worth Having is Easy.

i have this one note for you, wait til somebody calls you a "racist" then let's see how good natured you will be.

But that's just me... I hate being picked on, but I try always to be polite still and maybe a tiny bit sarcasm will escape but mostly I try not to violate the TOS though.

:thumbs:

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

I still say depends really on how it is said...if its obviously meant as a joke then respond with something witty..A bit of banter is fun..:PAlso one effective way to respond to an insult is to ignore it. This is easy for some people, and then again, ignoring an insult is like pulling teeth to others. When one ignores an insult, it leaves the person doing all the name calling to stand alone, and without an audience nor the attention and personal satisfaction that the insult was supposed bring, the insult falls flat and against deaf ears.... Most of the time, this leads to boredom for the insulter, thus, they stop....

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

I just recommend that if you respond to their prejudice comments that you refrain from violating TOS and using personal attacks. I know that their ignorant comments make you angry but acting just like them doesn't make it any better, trust me.

To me, it's a serious issue on this site and if I were you guys I would contact Ewok with concerns for the constant prejudice against women from your country. This site is supposed to be a support system for people who are going through the 'visa journey' and making it uncomfortable for some is not supportive. I'm sure that wasn't their goal in making this site.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just recommend that if you respond to their prejudice comments that you refrain from violating TOS and using personal attacks. I know that their ignorant comments make you angry but acting just like them doesn't make it any better, trust me. 

To me, it's a serious issue on this site and if I were you guys I would contact Ewok with concerns for the constant prejudice against women from your country. This site is supposed to be a support system for people who are going through the 'visa journey' and making it uncomfortable for some is not supportive. I'm sure that wasn't their goal in making this site.

+ 1000000

I still say depends really on how it is said...if its obviously meant as a joke then respond with something witty..A bit of banter is fun..:PAlso one effective way to respond to an insult is to ignore it. This is easy for some people, and then again, ignoring an insult is like pulling teeth to others. When one ignores an insult, it leaves the person doing all the name calling to stand alone, and without an audience nor the attention and personal satisfaction that the insult was supposed bring, the insult falls flat and against deaf ears.... Most of the time, this leads to boredom for the insulter, thus, they stop....

+1000000

Ignore and put them to the iggy bin forever :jest:

October 26, 2009 >AOS package sent thru USPS priority mail (day1)

October 29, 2009 >Item delivered Chicago IL, 60680 (Recieved Date) (day4)

November 3, 2009 >Notice date for I-485, I-131, I-765 (NOA's) (day9)

November 6, 2009 >Recieved in the Mail (day12)

November 6, 2009 >Touched (day12)

November 6, 2009 >Notice date for biometrics letter (day12)

November 26, 2009 >Biometrics letter recieved (Appointment date: Nov.27) (day32)

November 27, 2009 >Biometrics Appointment Done (day33)

November 27, 2009 >Touched :D(day33)

December 16, 2009 >Touched EAD "Card Production Ordered" (day53)

December 16, 2009 >Touched AP (day53)

December 17, 2009 >Touched EAD (day54)

December 17, 2009 >Touched AP (day54)

December 18, 2009 >Touched AP (day55)

December 21, 2009 >Recieved Advanced parole in the mail (day58)

December 21, 2009 >Touched EAD"Card production ordered" (day58)

February 04, 2010 > Interview @ 12:30 pm,done and approved (day103)

February 11, 2010 > Welcome Letter Aarrived

February 16, 2010 > GC Recieved

Timeline

That's a good question. I was actually wondering about that myself. My idea is that bickering starts when you're already attacking someone to hurt his feelings intentionally. I think my fiance has better idea than me though. Hehehe...He said: "You have to keep a check on your own emotions.... and ask yourself "why am I responding to this?" If you are just attacking back... you are bickering.... if you are responding for a purpose that's worth defending and you are keeping it high class, then you are just defending yourself/the cause. The trick is to stay high class to be able to stay out of the line of bickering."

Well, that's just for me and my fiance. Maybe others have better opinions...

Timeline

That's a good question. I was actually wondering about that myself. My idea is that bickering starts when you're already attacking someone to hurt his feelings intentionally. I think my fiance has better idea than me though. Hehehe...He said: "You have to keep a check on your own emotions.... and ask yourself "why am I responding to this?" If you are just attacking back... you are bickering.... if you are responding for a purpose that's worth defending and you are keeping it high class, then you are just defending yourself/the cause. The trick is to stay high class to be able to stay out of the line of bickering."

Well, that's just for me and my fiance. Maybe others have better opinions...

As it pertains to online arguments getting out of hand, when people resort to name calling and threats, I like letting people know:

"Name calling and threats are the last resort of limited intelligence."

I AGREE WITH YOU LUCY HEHEHEHE.... :thumbs:

All i know is no one here in vj knows who you really are as a person except yourself. I believe, we are equally created by God, so i find it useless comparing each other. I believe that vj is for sharing and helping each other and lastly, I believe that vj was a nice website to hang out when nobody's attacking each other, i don't find it entertaining at all. Why can't we just busy our selves answering queries related to getting that "visa" instead of trying to prove that we are better than the other?hmmmmmnnn frustrating.

To my fellow filipinas,

I know you don't know me...I'm a newbie here in VJ. I've only signed up last week. Though even before my fiance and I decided to start the visa process, I have been frequently browsing the VJ website, especially the Philippines Regional Forum.

I just want to raise some concerns based on my observations and what I've read since I've learned about this website. And I'm sure what I'm going to say will raise brows of many of you. And you will criticize me for meddling and for being mahadera (sorry, I don't know the english word for that). But I think it would be better if this will come from a concern filipina, rather than from an insulting person from other nationality...

Anyways, here it goes:

I've noticed that filipinas have 5 ways of responding to insults/attacks to filipinas in general:

1. Dedma/No reaction

2. Raising your own chair/Justifying that you're different from others.

3. Saying to those people insulting us what they want to hear/giving them the satisfaction

4. Insulting/Attacking back.

5. Responding nicely

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.