July09Bride

Adjustment of Status Checklist - is THAT all?

62 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline

The G325A is only for him.

You should have his Alien # already. It's on the K-1 NOA2. I never filled in my SSN at all. It hadn't srrive when we sent off the AOS application.

~ Catherine

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 passport photo's ??? oops ... someone better fix the guides then i only sent 2

It's on the instructions for each form, that 2 are required for each AOS, EAD, AP

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Oh the AOS stage for us seems so long ago and so many years ago....(sometime in 2006)

But if it helps, here is a list of what we enclosed for that first stage of the immigration game for us (AntandD):

G-325A Biographical Information (1 form for Ant, 1 form for D) (free)

I-130 Petition for Alien Relative (1 form for D) ($190)

-D's USC Birth Certificate copy

-D's 2 passport-sized photographs ($10)

-Ant and D's Marriage Certificate copy

I-485 Permanent Residence Application (1 form for Ant) ($325 + $70 Biometrics)

-Ant's foreign Birth Certificate copy

-Ant's Canadian Passport and Citizenship Card copy

-Ant's Canadian Passport pages copy, with B-2 Visitor's Visa Stamp and I-94 ($5) in it

-Ant's 2 passport-sized photographs ($10)

-Ant and D's Marriage Certificate copy

I-693 Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status (1 form for Ant) ($200 Medical Fees)

-Ant's completed immunization worksheet form (in a sealed envelope) by the Civil Surgeon Doctor

I-864 Affidavit of Support (1 form for D as a Sponsor, 1 form for Co-Sponsor) (free)

-D's Extra Note/Letter explaining our financial situation and our need for a co-sponsor

-Co-Sponsor - copies of - Tax Form (1040), W2 Form, Work Contract, USC Birth Certificate

Note:

I did not file for the EAD ($180) or AP ($170), as I did not feel that it was necessary at that time for such. Lol..I felt no need to work and/or to go back to Canada right away, and I wanted to save on costs by not filing these. I was also told that these forms were "optional", so I didn't bother filing them either.

As well, I filed all my paperwork in my "married last name", as that is the name that I planned to use (and am stil using), and I wanted all my immigration paperwork (green card, etc.) and other paperwork to reflect such.

Total costs for our (AntandD) AOS process (to the USCIS for its forms and fees, in 2006): $810 (plus very low minimum sliding-scale lawyer costs)

During the interview I also brought along: the documentation and forms listed above, photos (lol...they really liked those), correspondences (letters, e-mails, cards, etc.), original copies of all documentation, etc (as suggested in the interview letter for me what else to bring). As well, the lawyer that we hired before, went with us during the interview too, which in our case we found to be helpful. The AOS interview was in Buffalo, NY and only took about 15-20 minutes. Quick and simple, as the Immigration Officer only asked Ant and D a few questions and they showed them the forms and required listed evidence.

Needless to say we were approved and got my 2yr green card ...3 months/84 days later....:)

See my detailed VJ timeline below (the link is in my signature) for more information....

Hope this helps. Good luck with the rest of your immigration journey too.

Ant (AOS..So long ago....)

Edited by AntandD

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

You should have his Alien # already. It's on the K-1 NOA2. I never filled in my SSN at all. It hadn't srrive when we sent off the AOS application.

~ Catherine

Wow! I didn't even notice that! I'll have to dig that bad boy out and check out the info! Should we have that at the POE tomorrow?? Hmmm... maybe I'll bring the "binder o'fun" just in case. *grumble grumble* (thinks: That stupid binder is HUGE and heavy... oh, well... if it makes things go more smoothly, then it is worth it! I know! I'll pack that thing in the car and leave it there. If they need it, they can go get it! LOL)

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Filed: Other Country: Aruba
Timeline

The only things you need at the poe is the brown do not open envelope from the consulate and the passport with the visa in it :)

altho don't heed my advice i missed an instruction and didn't mail enough photos for my aos was 2 short hmmm

Edited by RYCK

Timeline

~ Catherine

Wow! I didn't even notice that! I'll have to dig that bad boy out and check out the info! Should we have that at the POE tomorrow?? Hmmm... maybe I'll bring the "binder o'fun" just in case. *grumble grumble* (thinks: That stupid binder is HUGE and heavy... oh, well... if it makes things go more smoothly, then it is worth it! I know! I'll pack that thing in the car and leave it there. If they need it, they can go get it! LOL)

I brought mine just to be safe but they didn't need anything from it. The big brown envelope contains the original I-129F plus all the paperwork you gave the consulate, and the A number is written all over the place. They also write it on the back of your I-94 when you cross. The man processing my visa was pretty excited for no reason when he saw I already had an A number. He was like, "cool! You already have an A number! That's the number you'll eventually have on your Green Card!" I was like, right, cool... :P

Timeline
Yeah, I found the AOS to be pretty much a breeze after all the K-1 stuff. Emancipation didn't think so, though. :lol:

Awe... everyone always pics on me :unsure::lol:

In my defense I'd just moved 3 times in a month, was exhausted from planning a church blessing/party and working right up until I left Canada, and then having to downsize until all I moved was fit into a Honda Civic.. I was just tired i think!

Edited by Emancipation

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

This is probably a stupid question, but your I-94 number... is that the "departure number"? There is no other number on here...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
This is probably a stupid question, but your I-94 number... is that the "departure number"? There is no other number on here...

I think that's what I used. I figured I was giving them the copy of it so if it was wrong, they could find it for themselves, haha. Hope that doesn't backfire on me!

I just send my AOS today. Took me a good week to put it all together and check it over a few times before sending. Hopefully I didn't miss anything. I hope it processes fast, although with summer vacation starting I'm not holding my breath! I just want to be able to work by October and go home for Thanksgiving.... here's hoping!!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

I think that's what I used. I figured I was giving them the copy of it so if it was wrong, they could find it for themselves, haha. Hope that doesn't backfire on me!

I just send my AOS today. Took me a good week to put it all together and check it over a few times before sending. Hopefully I didn't miss anything. I hope it processes fast, although with summer vacation starting I'm not holding my breath! I just want to be able to work by October and go home for Thanksgiving.... here's hoping!!

Well there's a space to write in a number under that but there is no number written in! I'm concerned the officer at the POE made a mistake. But good point, you're giving them a copy of the I-94, so they can see for themselves. Good luck!

Okay, so something must be wrong. It only took me about 30 minutes to complete the 4 or 5 forms for AoS. I left the SSN blank and the A number blank as well in the varioius spots where they were required. However, to go through and just insert those two numbers, will be easy!

We've already got copies of all the additional items we need, except the marriage certificate, which we won't have until after we're married (obviously), but I think I've got a GREAT jump start on the paperwork!

You don't need to wait for him to get an SSN to apply for AOS (in some places---New Jersey, mostly---there is a backup with Social Security and it could take a while).

The A number should be on the visa.

I'd also suggest taking the marriage license filled in by your officiant to the courthouse or county clerk's office or whoever handles that yourself after the marriage. That way you can ask for a certified copy then and there. This kind of thing always varies from county to county, but I think most places will be willing to do that for you. That could save you several weeks.

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)

Filed: Timeline

Sapphire - If you just sent it, you will have the AP and EAD by August I bet. They are SUPER speedy on these! I was just issued my EAD so Im waiting for it in the mail, and the AP I got on Friday. So, I would be amazed if it took longer than September to have everything. :) The trick is, as soon as you get your biometrics appt letter, go get them done. You don't have to wait for the actual appt date and I think that is what sped me up.

September 11th, 2004 - Met in Asia

May 2007 - Engaged in Hawaii!!

June 2008 - I-129F Petition

June (I think) 2008 - NOA1

October 2008 - NOA2 (P3 sent to wrong consulate by accident)

December 2008 - NON-legal wedding ceremony in Honduras

January 19th, 2009 - P3 finally arrives to correct consulate AND me!!

January 19th, 2009 - "Overnighted" P3 back same day. I am so efficient!!

January 23rd, 2009 - Montreal finally gets it. "Overnight" my a**!! Money refunded to me from Canada Post...ASAH!

March 27th, 2009 - Notified by phone call of interview date

March 31, 2009 - Interview Letter received in mail (P4)

April 6th, 2009 - Medical

April 17th, 2009 - Interview!!!

April 27th 2009 MOVED POE - Buffalo Peace Bridge

May 1st 2009 - Married!!

May 18th - SSN arrived in mail

AoS:

May 14th, 2009 - Filed for AoS - Come on NOOOO RFE'S!!!

May 22nd, 2009 - NOA1 for AoS, AP, EAD - California Service Center. ASAH

May 30th, 2009 - Biometrics appointment letter received for I485, I765 (where is the I131????)....date June 12th. 2009

June 2nd, 2009 - Biometrics completed

June 15th, 2009 - EAD Card production ordered!!

June 20th, 2009 - AP, EAD arrives in mail! (no email from CRIS)

July 2nd, 2009 - AOS Transferred to California

August 7th, 2009 - Green Card production ordered. WoohoO!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.