5 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

We filed the I-751 and supporting supporting evidence for my wife in February, and her unconditional residency was approved in May. She was not at all excited about it when she received the letter from USCIS. Since her approval her behavior has changed drastically. Intimacy and sex dropped off and recently she said that she is not interested in sex anymore and does not want to have a baby. She said that I could find a "friend" to have sex. No kidding.

The two years that she was a conditional resident were rocky by I tried to make it work, and things seemed to be going better. But there were several red flags. She pressured me soon after her AOS was approved to get plastic surgery on her nose and the next year orthodontia. I lost my job during this time and she still went ahead with the surgery and spent a month back in Brazil with family and friends while I'm looking for work. Just before filing the i-751 she pushed to put one of my cars in her name, her name on utility bills, and to open a joint bank account etc. Until it was time to prep for the i-751 she showed no interest in doing anything jointly.

Needless to say the marriage has pretty much broken down. And I can't imagine that we'll be staying together much longer.

Her online activity shows that she's been looking at apartments, condos and looking at personal ads of women seeking men, and getting estimates on the value of my car. She's also looking at jobs like wearing sexy/fetish outfits and donating her eggs. Sounds bizarre, I know, but all true.

She has been totally self-absorbed during these first couple years and seems that I've been duped, and she married me for the immigration benefit.

I feel that at this point I should write a letter to the USCIS and withdraw my support of the I-751 and explain all of this to them, even though her unconditional green card is in processing - suppose to arrive any day now.

Thoughts??

even though her unconditional green card is in processing - suppose to arrive any day now

Probably to late to do that now.

best thing is to hire a lawyer, discuss this issue, get divorced, and hope she doesn't come after you for 864 support.

and getting estimates on the value of my car

"Her" car, if it's in her name.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

From what you wrote it seems that she has an agenda and she's done with you.

She might have been in love and fell out of love, but it looks like she's not in love with you anymore.

I'm sorry to hear that, it happens, I've been there.

Now you need to start to think and be smart.

She's been calculating, be very careful.

NEVER loose your temper, avoid any conflicts.

Even though it's painful, cut your losses and move on.

Being vindictive at this point can backfire.

Protect yourself, your assets, credit cards, bank accounts

THINK before you act.

The sooner you can get a clean separation the better. Sleeping with the enemy or a stranger is not a good thing.

Good luck

Surf,

05/26/2009 - Mailed I-129F to VSC

05/28/2009 - I-129F Received by VSC

05/29/2009 - NOA1 Date & mailed by VSC

06/02/2009 - Check Cashed by VSC

06/03/2009 - Got Case Number from back of canceled check image

06/04/2009 - Received NOA1, postmarked 06/02/2009

09/10/2009 - Amended Notice I-797 Email?

09/15/2009 - NVC Received file

09/16/2009 - NOA2 Hardcopy received!

09/17/2009 - NVC sent file to consulate

09/25/2009 - Consulate received hardcopy file

RV .'.

Filed: Other Country: Moldova
Timeline

If you suspect you were scammed, and it becomes blatantly obvious, GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN!!! Get a good attorney, one well steeped in annulment. Move somewhere else. Serve your "wife" the annulment petition through a local newspaper (if allowed in your state), let the add run for 3 months consecutively, and hope she defaults. Report all suspicious activity to USCIS. And cross your fingers. You been married a while, so you have a LOT more to lose than I do in my situation. I would get out now and start the process of removing yourself from the marriage. before it gets ugly.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.