djw54

Things changed big-time after signing the I-751

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

We filed the I-751 and supporting supporting evidence for my wife in February, and her unconditional residency was approved in May. She was not at all excited about it when she received the letter from USCIS. Since her approval her behavior has changed drastically. Intimacy and sex dropped off and recently she said that she is not interested in sex anymore and does not want to have a baby. She said that I could find a "friend" to have sex. No kidding.

The two years that she was a conditional resident were rocky by I tried to make it work, and things seemed to be going better. But there were several red flags. She pressured me soon after her AOS was approved to get plastic surgery on her nose and the next year orthodontia. I lost my job during this time and she still went ahead with the surgery and spent a month back in Brazil with family and friends while I'm looking for work. Just before filing the i-751 she pushed to put one of my cars in her name, her name on utility bills, and to open a joint bank account etc. Until it was time to prep for the i-751 she showed no interest in doing anything jointly.

Needless to say the marriage has pretty much broken down. And I can't imagine that we'll be staying together much longer.

Her online activity shows that she's been looking at apartments, condos and looking at personal ads of women seeking men, and getting estimates on the value of my car. She's also looking at jobs like wearing sexy/fetish outfits and donating her eggs. Sounds bizarre, I know, but all true.

She has been totally self-absorbed during these first couple years and seems that I've been duped, and she married me for the immigration benefit.

I feel that at this point I should write a letter to the USCIS and withdraw my support of the I-751 and explain all of this to them, even though her unconditional green card is in processing - suppose to arrive any day now.

Thoughts??

djw

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am so sorry.

Sounds suspicious to me. It does happen.

There is little you can do, now, though. If you feel this way, divorce her and move along. Offer no future help whatsoever.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

dont you know that AMERICA is a symbol for FREEDOM!!! freedom, freedom and FREEDOM!!! esp for the young poor and opressed,with thier whole life ahead of them with youth and vibrancy to back them..ahhh refreshing.

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.