JANETandLYLE

Fast Way to Send money to Fiance in Philippines?

45 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What's the fastest way to send money to the Philippines without costing an expensive service charge? Any idea's? Can I fed ex to the hotel or her home some money form? just an idea... can i go to my usa bank and have it wired to a phil bank?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
What's the fastest way to send money to the Philippines without costing an expensive service charge? Any idea's? Can I fed ex to the hotel or her home some money form? just an idea... can i go to my usa bank and have it wired to a phil bank?

try money gram, cheaper than western union...

I send the wife $500USD monthly which is almost 23500PHP for $12 through western union money in minutes. All you have to do is put her name the city and province as well as all your details she can pick up at any western union place.The may charge a small handling fee there in phils. I send USD which is cheaper then send PHP. Alot of money changers there so no problem for my wife. Also email or text her the MTCN number also in case there is a problem.

07-06-2008 Met Juvy on MyForeignBride.com Found That Missing Something

03-01-2009 Arrived in Philippines (21 hour trip oneway)

03-13-2009 Married in Barangay Malabanas, Angeles City Philippines To My Love My Wife My Life :)

03-21-2009 Returned Home to Idaho

I-130 Journey

04-21-09 - I-130 Sent USPS Express Mail to Chicago Lockbox 12:00pm

04-22-09 - I-130 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox 9:56AM

04-22-09 - I-130 Package signed for by Vicente Bustamante via rubber stamp 2:30pm

04-28-09 - Check Cashed/Cleared

04-29-09 - I-130 Received Hardcopy NOA1 (I-797C) Dated 04-27-2009 (California Service Center)

04-30-09 - Touched

09-04-09 - Touched 09-06-09 FINALLY and Touched 09-08-09 and Touched 09-09-09 and Touched 09-14-09

09-14-09 - NOA2 Approval

09-19-09 - I-130 Received NOA2 Hardcopy (I-797)

NVC Journey

09-29-09 - NVC Received/Case Number Assigned

10-01-09 - DS-3032 / AOS Bill Generated

10-03-09 - E-mail DS-3032

10-01-09 - Pay AOS Bill (Online)

10-05-09 - AOS Bill Show as PAID

10-06-09 - Mailed I-864 Package

10-07-09 - I-864 received at NVC

xx-xx-09 - NVC accepted I-864

10-02-09 - Mail DS-3032

10-05-09 - DS-3032 received at NVC

10-14-09 - NVC accepted DS-3032

10-15-09 - Pay IV Bill(online)

10-19-09 - IV Bill Show as PAID

10-19-09 - Mailed IV Package

10-30-09 - Case Completed at NVC

10-30-09 - NVC Left

11-03-09 - Consulate Received

11-23 & 24-09 - Medical

12-09-09 8:30AM - Interview Date & white slip

01-13-10 Visa Received after white slip via Air21

02-10-10 POE Portland Oregon We are Finally together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

The cheapest and easiest way I have found to send money is through Moneygram, though I have never had a reason to send money to Philippines. Sign up for their rewards card and their already low fee gets lower the more times you use their service. I regularly send 300-600 dollars at a time and pay $8-something for each transfer.

September 11, 2007 - Sent I-129F to CSC

September 12, 2007 - I-129F delivered to CSC

September 26, 2007 - Official date of receipt on NOA1

September 29, 2007 - Received NOA1 via snail mail

October 2, 2007 - Touched

February 20, 2008 - Touched/Approval date on NOA2

February 21, 2008 - Touched

February 26, 2008 - NOA2 via snail mail - Approved!

February 28, 2008 - NVC received file/NVC sent file to Ankara

March 4, 2008 - DHL delivered to embassy

March 21, 2008 - Packet 3 received

March 31, 2008 - Packet 3 sent to embassy

April 4, 2008 - Packet 4 received

May 28, 2008 - Medical appointment

June 3, 2008 - Scheduled interview date was 23rd. Asked for a closer date and was given the 3rd instead.

June 3, 2008 - Interview was successful and K1 is approved!

June 9, 2008 - Visa in hand.

August 2, 2008 - Our wedding party

August 12, 2008 - POE Miami

August 20, 2008 - Legal US wedding

December 8, 2008 - Sent AOS packet to USCIS

May 4, 2009 - Interview day - Approved!

June 23, 2009 - Green card received.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

i suggest western union its only 3 minutes and its already cheap now..you can send 100 to 800 dollars for 12 dollars pay only..

%3ca%20href=">%3ca%20href=%3ca%20href=[cent

Picture338-1.gif

er][/center]">

Picture285-1.jpg

%3ca%20href=Picture352.jpg">

%3ca%20href=Picture330.jpg">

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

my fiance would always send me through western union,all your lady need is the control number or the mtcn and her valid id then she can have the money easily without the hassle...

Edited by gennyangel

October 26, 2009 >AOS package sent thru USPS priority mail (day1)

October 29, 2009 >Item delivered Chicago IL, 60680 (Recieved Date) (day4)

November 3, 2009 >Notice date for I-485, I-131, I-765 (NOA's) (day9)

November 6, 2009 >Recieved in the Mail (day12)

November 6, 2009 >Touched (day12)

November 6, 2009 >Notice date for biometrics letter (day12)

November 26, 2009 >Biometrics letter recieved (Appointment date: Nov.27) (day32)

November 27, 2009 >Biometrics Appointment Done (day33)

November 27, 2009 >Touched :D(day33)

December 16, 2009 >Touched EAD "Card Production Ordered" (day53)

December 16, 2009 >Touched AP (day53)

December 17, 2009 >Touched EAD (day54)

December 17, 2009 >Touched AP (day54)

December 18, 2009 >Touched AP (day55)

December 21, 2009 >Recieved Advanced parole in the mail (day58)

December 21, 2009 >Touched EAD"Card production ordered" (day58)

February 04, 2010 > Interview @ 12:30 pm,done and approved (day103)

February 11, 2010 > Welcome Letter Aarrived

February 16, 2010 > GC Recieved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I send the wife $500USD monthly which is almost 23500PHP for $12 through western union money in minutes. All you have to do is put her name the city and province as well as all your details she can pick up at any western union place.The may charge a small handling fee there in phils. I send USD which is cheaper then send PHP. Alot of money changers there so no problem for my wife. Also email or text her the MTCN number also in case there is a problem.

I also use Western Union, but the prices are different. If I specify to payout in USD then they charge me $15 per $100 sent - same thing they charge me for sending money within the US. If I specify to payout in VND (Vietnam Dong) then they charge me only $2 per $100 sent. From what you say, it seems it depends on the country you're sending to.

The sender gets to specify how the funds should be paid - whether in dollars or local currency. It's a good idea to ask which way is cheaper. Also, if you decide to specify payout in US dollars then consider whether your fiancee will have to pay any exchange fees when converting the money.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

I travel internationally for business all over the world... I find the best way to get cash,, Is the use of ATMs.

For my wife, I set up an extra checking accouint (in my name) with ETrade bank.

Just use a bank that doesn't kill you on ATM fees and exchange rates.

With ETrade I get the international bank to bank rate and no fees.

I just transfer the money online into her account from mine. She can get the money in 2 minutes.

Note: I put the ATM card in between a couple of pieces of thin card board and wrote on the outside, Pictures please don't bend.

Just to make sure it arrived...

Regards,

Timeline

I travel internationally for business all over the world... I find the best way to get cash,, Is the use of ATMs.

I just transfer the money online into her account from mine. She can get the money in 2 minutes.

Note: I put the ATM card in between a couple of pieces of thin card board and wrote on the outside, Pictures please don't bend.

Regards,

I agree....the easiest, cheapest, and fastet way (in the future) is to give her an atm card. Banks like Citibank and HSBC allow for easy withdrawals in the Philippines.

Timeline

Another good way to safely send money is to the Philippines is go to a AAA office and get a AAA Visa Travel Card. You will need 2 of them, one for you and one for her. You can put as much as $1,500 per week on it. There is no charge except for a $3.00 charge for withdrawal. She can go to any ATM that accepts Visa. Withdrawal is in Pesos. The minute you make a deposit it is available to her. We have successfully used this for awhile now. I hope this helps.

Timeline
i suggest western union its only 3 minutes and its already cheap now..you can send 100 to 800 dollars for 12 dollars pay only..

12 dollars, but be careful, watch the exchange rate friend.

Timeline

Regards,

I agree, I did this about a year ago and its been one of my better decisions. I created a Visa/debit card in my fiances name off of a U.S. business banking account. I can transfer money online to this account in minutes. We farm rice in the RP and this has come in real handy when something unexpected comes up. Also if its a visa/debit/check card, the fiance can use it directly where visa is accepted without going to an ATM. Also you can put limits on these type cards in case it gets stolen or someone tries to use the numbers. RP reciepts have the full Visa account number displayed on them. (drives me crazy!)

Good luck.

"The Brazos still runs muddy like she's run all along, there ain't never been no cane to grind, the cottons all but gone." R.E.K

Filed I-129F petition on Oct. 27th 2008
NOA1 Nov. 2008
NOA2 March 27th 2009
VSC sent notice that petition forwared to Manila on April 10th
Letter Finally recieved April 24th
June 10th interview date
Passed medical on May 26th (But, not allowed to get vaccinations)
June 10th Pink slip recieved (Yeee-hawww!!!) Consul interview lasted 5 min.
CFO- Completed in Cebu
POE-(LAX, Flew into together on July 17th, took only 5 min.)
Married August 11th (Now the AOS journey begins)

AOS
Recieved Packet Oct. 6th
Recieved NOA AOS, EAD, AP Oct. 17th.
Recieved Biometrics Appointment letter Oct. 23rd
Biometrics Appointment Nov. 2nd.
Advanced Parole approved Nov. 23rd
EAD Work Authorization received Dec. 6th
Permanent Resident Card and Welcome letter received Dec. 15th

96a46edb-2d4b-4f9c-98ae-240883a49565.jpg

Timeline

Just an infos:

Western Union- $12 per 100 to 800.00 usd transaction ( make sure use RCPI Western Union esp in the province cause they have a good conversion rate compare to bank and other western Union agent. )

Xoom- they have better/lower remittance fee rate but the conversion is lower with what you can get from Western Union RCPI agent)

like if you send $100 now , their remittance fee is $3.50 but the conversion rate is 47plus which is the prevailing rate now in the market is 48.50..If you will send less than $200 or 300, I guess this is better..

Wells FArgo Bank- If you have checking account and there is automatic deposit for your savings of $75 per month , you can send money at Bank of the Philippine Island for flatrate or $2.50 per transaction but they will get money in peso on a prevailing bank rate which is kinda lower with what RCPI Western Union can offer..

If you're Fiance is in Manila, better send on any Western Union agent but make sure She can get in Dollar so she can find any Black(Block) Market who offers a good rate in peso but be careful, make sure she writes all the infos on the dollar she is getting like writing the serial numbers and make sure double check the amount she is getting..count the money carefully before leaving the Money Changer..

I did Western Union and Xoom already but I was able to check the Wells Fargo since I have an account with them..With the bad Economy going on you need to be careful and practical on sending money to our love ones.

Hope my information can help you..

02-16-06- met online

07-20-07- first visit to phils

07-26-07-engagement

07-28-07- back to US

09-14-07- submitted I-129F

09-25-07- NOA1

10-25-07 -NOA2

11-01-07- My fiance got a letter from NVC that within 2 weeks Manila Consulate will send my Packet

11-20-07- Date of my Packet, actually the real one was earlier but it was sent somewhere, good thing my Fiance arrived to spent Thanksgiving day in Phils and we checked the status in Embassy.

11-23-07- Medical though the exact date was Nov. 29..

12-06-07- Interview

12-16-07- Visa in hand

01-16-98- Attended CFO

01-18-08- Arrived in USA , POE-Guam

03-16-08- Wedding

AOS

04-17-08- Submitted the AOS

04-24-08- NOA

05-13-08- Biometrics

05-27-08- Transferred to California

06-14-08- EAD card received

07-21-08- Date of AOS approval but got the letter July 24

No Interview, No RFE and Additional Vaccination( just used the SLEC medical docs)

07-22-08- Date of Permanent REsident CARd , got it July 29

07-31-08- apply for SSN

08-05-08-SSN delivery

01-12-09- First day of work(Thanks to Marielle and Mario)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.