T0dd&Chr1ssy

VSC saying K-1's being done as of November 25th

33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

It says on there that I 130 are five months. I am pass the 5 month mark. I would take either one if they would just come on with it. When is a good time to contact your senator? And can you fax them a letter requesting them do a check on your case? Thank you

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDis...e=serviceCenter

So thats put me 2 months further behind! 7 months and the 6+ month club here I come :angry:

(p.s. How can they be this backlogged but still manage to do a lot in febuary! this just isn't fair its boarding on rediculous)

You're not two months behind. You're actually right on track. On April 30th (a month and a half ago) they were processing petitions from the end of November. So if they kept up that pace they should be up to the middle of January, which is where you are. I wouldn't freak out just yet. Yours is coming.

I apologise I scrolled down to the K-1 bit a little quick. I spoke to the uscis women and she said they were still on novembers when I spoke to her on friday which why I'm slightly concerned.

You really have to stop calling USCIS. If you haven't figured it out, they give bad information. Often times they quote the oldest case in the system.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline
I just called and told the lady off. I am 336 hours from my 6 month mark. I told her she has to come up with a better excuse than "you are in the processing time." She also told me I had an RFE! Liar! I said I don't have any RFE! She put me on hold, and forgot the RFE story. She told me she can't do anything for me until 2 weeks. Soooooooooooooo we'll see. She wouldn't give me a supervisor or anybody. :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

She can't do anything AFTER two weeks. But it keeps you from calling until then.

The answers you get are not designed to be accurate, they are designed to delay, distract, and defer so you do not call again. If they start giving accurate information, imagine how many people would be calling!

You will never, ever get accurate, correct and specific information from USCIS customer service.

Gary And Alla

Timeline
The fact of issue is that VSC shouldn't need us to go to an infopass interview or follow up on cases. Would it be unreasonable for them do things correctly. Being a government service you would of thought so. But I guess they will carry on making people's lives full of frustration and misery...

Infopass will not help for visa processing times. You will probably get LESS information than the phone call.

Yes, it is totally unreasonable to expect a government held monopoly to do things correctly and efficiently. Such situation exists no where on earth. Most stress in life is caused by unreasonable expectations.

VSC is a government agency which, be definition, means they are NOT a service. They have no competition in the visa business and no interest or incentive to improve customer service. They are not, and never have been, set up to provide online or telephone progress reports in any meaningfull manner. They are NOT FedEx or UPS. The case number is NOT a "tracking number", you will NOT get real time (or even anything resembling accurate) information on your case progress. They don't care if your life is full of frustration and misery. They try to add to it when you call so you will give up and not call again. You cannot go to another visa service, they cannot lose your business (or your money) so they will do things at THEIR pace and you will deal with it. That's just the name of that tune. Hopefully, Obama will fix it so our health care is the same way...yes?

My wife has been here for 9 months and had her green card for 6 months and our I-129f petition is listed as "pending". When your NOA2 arrives in the mailbox, you will know you have your approval. Until then it is anyone's guess.

THEN you get to deal with the State Department! Wooo hoooo!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
The fact of issue is that VSC shouldn't need us to go to an infopass interview or follow up on cases. Would it be unreasonable for them do things correctly. Being a government service you would of thought so. But I guess they will carry on making people's lives full of frustration and misery...

Yes, it is totally unreasonable to expect a government held monopoly to do things correctly and efficiently. Such situation exists no where on earth. Most stress in life is caused by unreasonable expectations.

VSC is a government agency which, be definition, means they are NOT a service. They have no competition in the visa business and no interest or incentive to improve customer service. They are not, and never have been, set up to provide online or telephone progress reports in any meaningfull manner. They are NOT FedEx or UPS. The case number is NOT a "tracking number", you will NOT get real time (or even anything resembling accurate) information on your case progress. They don't care if your life is full of frustration and misery. They try to add to it when you call so you will give up and not call again. You cannot go to another visa service, they cannot lose your business (or your money) so they will do things at THEIR pace and you will deal with it. That's just the name of that tune. Hopefully, Obama will fix it so our health care is the same way...yes?

My wife has been here for 9 months and had her green card for 6 months and our I-129f petition is listed as "pending". When your NOA2 arrives in the mailbox, you will know you have your approval. Until then it is anyone's guess.

Thanks for your er.....help but you had a very quick approval. In fact you completed your whole process in less the time it has and still taking us to get our NOA2. It is almost impossible to tell you or for you to understand how frustated some of us are every single day watching more and more people in febuary get approved and your advice is to sit there and do nothing. If you were ever put in our posistion, I'm sure you would be doing or at least thinking about doing the same things as us and feeling the sort of hardship were having to face everyday. So I apologise if I've offended you but I don't think its fair you come on and put me and others down just because were all venting our anger at a much much much slower incorrect and unfair system then the one you were lucky enough to slide through.

01/08/2009 - POSTED NOA1 to VSC

01/13/2009 - RECEIVED NOA1, Case Pending

02/06/2009 - TOUCHED - Finacee moved so I presume that was the reason for it

05/20/2009 - Contacted Congressman's Alan Grayson's Offices to ask for assistance on our case, He agrees

06/13/2009 - 5 months and nothing, not even from our congressman :( Were is our NOA2!!!!!!

06/16/2009 - Our congressman actually made contact us for the first time in 4 weeks only to tell us they had written our address down wrong so here we are, still stuck in limbo with not a clue what's happenening

06/17/2009 - Called NVC on a off chance they might have it and they do!!!!! Woop woop. All we need now is that hard copy and were set!

06/17/2009 - NVC send our visa and petition to the london embassy - My packet 3 is on the way, woop woop!

06/19/2009 - Recieved NOA2 in the post, dated 06/11/2009. The panicing is over.....for now

07/01/2009 - Reeceived Packet 3 in the post, woop woop

Thanks for your er.....help but you had a very quick approval. In fact you completed your whole process in less the time it has and still taking us to get our NOA2. It is almost impossible to tell you or for you to understand how frustated some of us are every single day watching more and more people in febuary get approved and your advice is to sit there and do nothing. If you were ever put in our posistion, I'm sure you would be doing or at least thinking about doing the same things as us and feeling the sort of hardship were having to face everyday. So I apologise if I've offended you but I don't think its fair you come on and put me and others down just because were all venting our anger at a much much much slower incorrect and unfair system then the one you were lucky enough to slide through.

I'm not sure what Gary and Alla said that you interpreted as "putting you down" but every word was correct. Infopass appointments, service requests and repeated phone calls to the customer service line will all do nothing. They'll get to your petition when they get to it. It sucks to hear and it's obviously upsetting I know. But it's the truth. And that's from someone who waited 212 days. There are people who applied months after me and are already in the U.S. with their green cards. I know how awful it feels. And the day i was outside of processing times I immediately had service requests put in and contacted both of my senators and my congressman. Did any of it make a damn difference? Nope.

Naturalization

N-400 package mailed: 04/16/2013

N-400 package delivered: 04/16/2013

NOA1 date: 04/17/2013

Biometrics: 08/23/2013

Interview: 10/07/2013

Oath: 01/23/2014

DONE!

Timeline

I'm not sure what Gary and Alla said that you interpreted as "putting you down" but every word was correct. Infopass appointments, service requests and repeated phone calls to the customer service line will all do nothing. They'll get to your petition when they get to it. It sucks to hear and it's obviously upsetting I know. But it's the truth. And that's from someone who waited 212 days. There are people who applied months after me and are already in the U.S. with their green cards. I know how awful it feels. And the day i was outside of processing times I immediately had service requests put in and contacted both of my senators and my congressman. Did any of it make a damn difference? Nope.

Then you understand what it feels like to be hopeless. I didn't see the point in reminding us that we are, and making us feel worse. I know they will only get to it when they feel like it but I don't think its right to put further negative thoughts, whether its the truth or not, into an already very negative and difficult process. In my opinion positivity is the key in getting through this, whether you feel we are wasting our time or not putting in request etc etc is your opinion, but all a lot of people ask for on here is some positivity and hope. False hope is sometime's better then no hope and if it makes people feel better and gives them more hope and a light at the end of the tunnel then I will support them in there decision to try and follow it up. It certainly felt better when I did it even though I pretty much knew nothing amazing would happen.

We all deserve a little hope and sometimes the truth can destroy that. So in my opinion its better to be told a lie and to be kept positive and more content then it is to know to truth and condem the endless crappy days waiting for our turn. Call it ignoring the fact's if you like, but I'm much happier in lala land thinking and beleiving I can do something then I would be in the real world and know were utterly helpless.

Its just my opinion and I respect yours before I get flamed. All the best in the remainder of your journey

05/20/2009 - Contacted Congressman's Alan Grayson's Offices to ask for assistance on our case, He agrees

06/13/2009 - 5 months and nothing, not even from our congressman :( Were is our NOA2!!!!!!

06/16/2009 - Our congressman actually made contact us for the first time in 4 weeks only to tell us they had written our address down wrong so here we are, still stuck in limbo with not a clue what's happenening

06/17/2009 - Called NVC on a off chance they might have it and they do!!!!! Woop woop. All we need now is that hard copy and were set!

06/17/2009 - NVC send our visa and petition to the london embassy - My packet 3 is on the way, woop woop!

06/19/2009 - Recieved NOA2 in the post, dated 06/11/2009. The panicing is over.....for now

If you want false hope then maybe we think of this place as two different things, and a thread about how miserable the process is isn't really what I'd call staying positive. We're here to reinforce the actual hope that exists because all of these people before you have been through the same struggle and survived. It will happen.

We were just trying to give you a realistic idea of how the process works. If you don't want that then I'll keep my mouth shut.

I've only said what I said because I know exactly how you feel. I spent my time reading all the posts before me saying it was all useless don't bother but I still bothered. Just like you're doing. I totally recommend it if it will make you feel better. But I also think the caveat is important.

Naturalization

DONE!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

It will happen

Just got off the phone with my Alla, daily call putting her to bed. First words are always, "What news?" And my usual reply, "Nothing"

Later usually we will exchange the following, "When, maybe next year?" I typically respond, "Maybe two years"

Then we get on with the business of telling each other about our day, answering questions from each other, telling each other of the day's events and what we will do tomorrow.

To end the usual call, we both will state, "All will be OK" Then some mushy personal stuff.

We are still just as committed as in the beginning and we both state that this is just a test of our relationship and it will make our relationship stronger.

I believe that, she believes that and we all should believe that.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline
If you want false hope then maybe we think of this place as two different things, and a thread about how miserable the process is isn't really what I'd call staying positive. We're here to reinforce the actual hope that exists because all of these people before you have been through the same struggle and survived. It will happen.

We were just trying to give you a realistic idea of how the process works. If you don't want that then I'll keep my mouth shut.

I've only said what I said because I know exactly how you feel. I spent my time reading all the posts before me saying it was all useless don't bother but I still bothered. Just like you're doing. I totally recommend it if it will make you feel better. But I also think the caveat is important.

I originally posted this topic in an act of frustration, although negative at first, people on here restored my positivity and faith that eventually it will happen one day, not by telling me that senators, congressman and calling does no good but by saying more often or not the people on the service lines aren't properly informed and congressional flags make a difference sometimes. As you said you ignored and did the same as myself and seeked assistance, can you blame me for that?. You never actually know. Our congressmen have taken 4 weeks to get back to us, almost the exact same time past your expected processing date as you got approved, maybe that did a lot more then you thought. But I don't know the conversations or anything you had with your reps.

It wasn't so much I didn't like hearing the realism behind this process, I know of it and I'm living it, but a lot of people don't experiance what were (or in your case use to be) going through and hopefully they won't ever have to. I honestly do appreiciate you posting and putting in your two cents as seeing someone who has gone through hell and back come out of it better off does keep me alive in the belief of this process will work for us but its just hearing from the point of view of someone whose whole process only lasted 4.5 months total. Hearing it from those lucky ones as you probably found out does nothing and more often or not does more damage then good.

Your story on the other hand is very different and you deserve credit for what you and your SO went through. Your praise, hope and opinion is more valid and realistic and I will pay attention to what you have said. I respect your opinion and I'm just sharing mine. You do enforce actual hope and I thank you for that. We just have two different opinions on how it should be done.

But can I ask you a serious question. Do you think by leaving it alone and being caveat that things will go a better for us compared to if we were asking questions?

I don't blame you at all! You're totally entitled to feeling miserable about it all. We all do at some point (or many points).

I'll tell you what happened with my reps. Maybe the same thing will happen to you, maybe not. With one senator, they emailed VSC and had a response the next day. "Yes that petition is outside of processing times. If they don't hear anything in 30 days please contact us again." I doubt that it made any difference at all because it's exactly what the customer service people would say when I called. My other senator still hasn't responded to my calls or letters and my congressman's office gave me a call back about two weeks after I got my NOA2 to ask why I had called (six weeks earlier).

Probably the most helpful call I made was to the the USCIS customer service line after 5:30pm so it was directed to the National Center, whatever that is. The guy had absolutely NO idea what I was talking about at all, but he did give me an actual reference number for my service request so that I could call them back in 45 days if I didn't hear from them. It was empowering to think I might be able to hold them accountable for something and that was actually the ONLY one that I got a response to. A few weeks after my NOA2 came they sent me a letter saying that the petitions were no longer in their office and I should contact NVC for further assistance. Gee thanks! But I guess having someone finally look for it (again, six weeks after I called) is a good sign.

I don't mean to suggest that you are better off not doing anything. It doesn't hurt to go through all these steps. I just know that I drove myself absolutely crazy those last four weeks writing letters and calling and faxing everyone and their mother, but the outcome would have been exactly the same if I had just put my feet up and had a cocktail instead. I know that's totally impossible for people like us, but if I can try to keep just one other person from going prematurely gray then I've got to try, right?

I like to think it'll come when you least expect it. I got a text message from my mother saying the letters arrived in the middle of a root canal!

Naturalization

DONE!

Infopass will not help for visa processing times. You will probably get LESS information than the phone call.

in our case, we ddnt get the NOA1 in the mail, and my fiance got the receipt number thru the military hotline; and our NOA2 is not yet here either; but i'm just really hoping they don't our NOA2 as well; when we called USCIS regarding our NOA1 they said it may have just gotten lost in the mail; i hope they won't say anything like that when we would ask about our NOA2!  :angry:

anyways, is the hardcopy of NOA2 very important aswell? coz what if it gets "lost in the mail" as well, i know maybe we can ask for our case number thru the hotline again; can't help it if the mailing system in my boo's hometown is being crappy about it

Luke 18:27 Jesus said" what is impossible to men is possible with God."

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

09/09/09-K-1 visa approved

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

08/26/10-319B n400 starts

11-09-10 Interview 10 AM >Approved

11-09-10 oath 2 PM Fairfax, VA

All glory, praises, thanksgiving and admiration belong only to God.

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

Timeline

Telling the truth is not "putting you down", just trying to save you some wear and tear on your arterial walls. Yes, I had a quick approval. You will also notice in my timeline, maybe you didn't, that it took 50% longer to go from NOA2 to interview, and Kiev is fairly fast about scheduling interviews.

You also have the enviable position of being from a VWP country, my fiancee was not. She could not visit, I had to go there. I went there 6 times from when we filed until we had the visa, including going to the interview.

But I promise you, PROMISE you, I would not be calling USCIS or making info pass appointments. I NEVER called USCIS and have only looked at the online update after we had the NOA2 and it is YET to be updated. They do NOT do business by phone, you will NOT get good, accurate answers by calling. Sorry, but thems just the facts Ma'am.

I went through exactly the same system that you are. Exactly same.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

in our case, we ddnt get the NOA1 in the mail, and my fiance got the receipt number thru the military hotline; and our NOA2 is not yet here either; but i'm just really hoping they don't our NOA2 as well; when we called USCIS regarding our NOA1 they said it may have just gotten lost in the mail; i hope they won't say anything like that when we would ask about our NOA2!  :angry:

anyways, is the hardcopy of NOA2 very important aswell? coz what if it gets "lost in the mail" as well, i know maybe we can ask for our case number thru the hotline again; can't help it if the mailing system in my boo's hometown is being crappy about it

Yes it is important, you need a copy of it for the AOS. The NOA1 is rather useless.

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.