CnT4ever

K3 Family Hangout - Week of June 15th

72 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just found out that CA does not validate a Canadian driver licence and I now have to take ROAD test :ranting:

After years of driving and picking us bad habbits I now have to do the test once more :angry:

*k3 Visa*

08-10-2008: NOA1

03-05-2009: NOA2

05-18-2009: K3 visa approved (Mumbai Consulate)

05-22-2009: POE LAX

*IR Visa*

07-10-2008: NOA1

08-13-2009: IR1 visa approved (Montreal, Canada)

08-15-2009: POE LAX

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

that sucks seren! :angry:

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Hello everyone.. Hope that everybody's fine.

It sucks, Seren.. :angry:

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, with all I have to give and all that I am, in the only way I know how -- completely and forever......

Timeline

hey wen! how are you? still feeling a little crappy? I hope you are feeling better

good morning everybody

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello!!! Just hanging out...how is everyone doing?

The Journey Home
04/27/2009 - POE at JFK (Quick and Easy!!!!)
05/07/2009 - Applied for SSN
05/09/2009 - Welcome Letter Received
05/14/2009 - SSN Received
05/11/2009 - GC Production Ordered
06/12/2009 - GC Production Ordered (AGAIN ?!?!?!)
06/19/2009 - Alien Registration Approval notice email
06/22/2009 - 2 Year Green Card Received!!!!!!

Naturalization
02/06/2013 - Application Sent
02/13/2013 - NOA (Priority Date Feb 8th)
02/13/2013 - Biometrics Appt. Letter Received
02/21/2013 - Early Bio Appt. (Original March 15th)
02/26/2013 - Place Inline for Interview

04/24/2013 - Interview scheduled

05/31/2013 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

XX/XX/2013 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

ok, going to lunch in a few...

Subway anyone? heh

Thanks!

I'm so darn tired! I told my husband I want a maid! :angry: I don't know how my grandmother did it. She worked full time in a factory and raised 5 kids. She also cooked every single day and did the laundry and major cleaning.

I can barely walk to the door of my home after work is done :cry: I have a migraine almost every day :cry:

I finally went to the doctor (because I felt paranoid as my aunt was always tired and headachy before when she was still alive). Doctor thinks I might have sleep apnea. I don't snore or anything like that. She thinks my breathing might be too shallow. I have to do a sleep study. They were going to schedule me the same day, but I couldn't bear to part from my husband this soon. It's like I don't want to sleep alone again!!! So i scheduled it out into July.

I'm so tired that I am down to like only 3-4 cigarettes a day! :lol: Because when I get home I'm too tired to make a pot of coffee and I can't smoke without coffee :( I also figured if I'm not getting enough oxygen, I should probably stop smoking. Even with this decrease over the last several weeks, I feel even worse! Lisa, what do you think? Should I start smoking more again? Maybe my body is rebelling? :lol:

Seren, sucks about the test. That is so stupid. Then again, California is one of those states that always makes you take things over. I know for my work license, California does not reciprocate and I would have had to take the tests over again. They also don't accept higher degrees from our state either. It's weird.

Waving (tiredly) hello to everyone :D Hope all is well!

Timeline
I'm so darn tired! I told my husband I want a maid! :angry: I don't know how my grandmother did it. She worked full time in a factory and raised 5 kids. She also cooked every single day and did the laundry and major cleaning.

I can barely walk to the door of my home after work is done :cry: I have a migraine almost every day :cry:

I finally went to the doctor (because I felt paranoid as my aunt was always tired and headachy before when she was still alive). Doctor thinks I might have sleep apnea. I don't snore or anything like that. She thinks my breathing might be too shallow. I have to do a sleep study. They were going to schedule me the same day, but I couldn't bear to part from my husband this soon. It's like I don't want to sleep alone again!!! So i scheduled it out into July.

I'm so tired that I am down to like only 3-4 cigarettes a day! :lol: Because when I get home I'm too tired to make a pot of coffee and I can't smoke without coffee :( I also figured if I'm not getting enough oxygen, I should probably stop smoking. Even with this decrease over the last several weeks, I feel even worse! Lisa, what do you think? Should I start smoking more again? Maybe my body is rebelling? :lol:

Seren, sucks about the test. That is so stupid. Then again, California is one of those states that always makes you take things over. I know for my work license, California does not reciprocate and I would have had to take the tests over again. They also don't accept higher degrees from our state either. It's weird.

DEF start smoking more. Your body has its own way of telling you what it needs. When we're hungry, we get hunger pangs...tired, we get sleepy. You body is telling you to light a damn cig already! :lol:

no really, it might just be stress hun. You know all the odd ways it can manifest itself. Your whole life just changed and there are new pressures. Dotn work yourself into a frenzy if you get overwhelmed, just do one thing at a time. (L)

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

My wife entered the US at Newark this past Friday and everything went very smoothly. Since I was traveling with her we were able to go in the citizen's line which was considerably shorter than the one for non-citizens (the wait was hardly 5 minutes long). The immigration officer took my wife's fingerprints and photograph and opened the mysterious brown envelope. He handed it to another officer who asked us to follow him to a secondary checking area. We waited there another 5 minutes before my wife got her passport back stamped and with the I-94 attached. No questions asked throughout the whole process.

Overall other than the long wait at USCIS I would say that the K3 process has been a lot smoother than we had anticipated. Hope that the rest of the journey goes smoothly as well (we will be filing AOS papers soon).

-D

Edited by RooDee

06/12/09 - POE at Newark (K3)

07/01/09 - I-485 and I-765 mailed

07/06/09 - USCIS received (date on NOA1)

07/13/09 - NOA1 received for both I-485 and I-765 !

08/08/09 - Biometric appointment

08/25/09 - AOS interview letter notice date

09/24/09 - AOS interview

10/03/09 - Received GC !!

Timeline

Good to hear Roodee! Welcome to your wife. :)

I hope she is adjusting well and you guys have a wonderful life

Thanks!

Timeline

Oh You poor thing.....If you are tired and not getting enough sleeps, doc usually come up with sleep Apnea. Good idea to get it check out ad a CPAP machine is a quicl fix for sleep apnea. Now quit the smoking!!!! :unsure:

I can't believe that CA will make you take your lic again too... :ranting: I guess they need some avenue to make income.

*k3 Visa*

*IR Visa*

Timeline
My wife entered the US at Newark this past Friday and everything went very smoothly. Since I was traveling with her we were able to go in the citizen's line which was considerably shorter than the one for non-citizens (the wait was hardly 5 minutes long). The immigration officer took my wife's fingerprints and photograph and opened the mysterious brown envelope. He handed it to another officer who asked us to follow him to a secondary checking area. We waited there another 5 minutes before my wife got her passport back stamped and with the I-94 attached. No questions asked throughout the whole process.

Overall other than the long wait at USCIS I would say that the K3 process has been a lot smoother than we had anticipated. Hope that the rest of the journey goes smoothly as well (we will be filing AOS papers soon).

-D

Great Roodee. How does your wife like it here? Poor thing she must be all jet lagged.

*k3 Visa*

*IR Visa*

Oh You poor thing.....If you are tired and not getting enough sleeps, doc usually come up with sleep Apnea. Good idea to get it check out ad a CPAP machine is a quicl fix for sleep apnea. Now quit the smoking!!!! :unsure:

I can't believe that CA will make you take your lic again too... :ranting: I guess they need some avenue to make income.

Hey Seren...I will see what they say, but eventually I will make someone order a head scan for me. If they had done so for my aunt, she might still be alive. This all started when my aunt was still here with us. I'm just concerned I may have caught an infection or virus from her. She did have multi-drug resistant infections on top of her condition. Since I also recently had my radioactive shots, my immune system was not at its strongest. I don't know...it could be just the hot weather. But sometimes you just know when something isn't right...and I feel like something isn't right inside.

Timeline

Good Morning guys.

CnT, go back to the doc if you feel like its not just sleep apnea or stress! Take care, do you have any sick days you can take just to rest?

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.