CnT4ever

K3 Family Hangout - Week of June 15th

72 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Well, I think Y feels about the same as you Seren. the not working yet is just wierd for him.

As for me... Im just spoiled now, I have to say im getting quite used to it :P

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been a very major change for me. Really. For someone that was used to coming home to a quiet, empty house... with nothing to do (other than waste time and money shopping)...this has been a small struggle. Also, I used to complain the days were dragging. Now I can't believe where the time goes. I go to work, come home, cook, clean up, run errands if I have to and before I know it, already it's 10pm-11pm!!! And time to go to bed!

Also, I'm used to complete silence. Now with husband (and mom visiting) it's constant conversation. Usually it's all good. Sometimes though I just need to step away and take some quiet time out for myself. I really feel the part of marriage where I have to give give give... whereas before it was all about me, myself, and I. Don't get me wrong. I love it. But for someone spoiled and lazy like myself, it's been an adjustment.

Since husband has been here we've also been on a budget. We're doing really well. He's helped me curb my spending. He paid off almost half of my credit card bills and I'm working and saving to pay off the other half. For the first time I have some discipline with money. It's actually a good feeling. Also, now I don't really need to fill any voids with shopping so it's been pretty easy. The only hard thing is that I keep wanting to plan a vacation and he keeps reminding me that either we do something thrifty (which is not my style) or we put it off completely until all my debt is paid off. So that is the only thing I've been struggling with.

He has his struggles too. Sometimes I detect a hurt/sad look on his face when his friends call. I ask him if he misses home, but he says "no"...he's been super hyper too. He's very anxious to work and I worry about him finding work and having to take orders from someone. He's usually the boss, so I worry about it. Then again, who knows? Maybe something will open up and he can have his own business. I'm not sure. All I know is that he's ready to take any work that comes his way. He also wants another part time job (because I drained his savings :lol: ) In a way I think that would be good.

He also thinks everything here is very expensive (do any of your spouses complain about that at all?) All I hear day in and day out is "how much is it? Oh! why so expensive????"

Another good thing is that he's sleeping normally now. He works out alot. I think I'm gonna have to lock him up soon. A lady already winked at him when we were at home depot. I told him no more tank tops :lol: In exchange I too, promised to wear all my skirts to the ankles.

Sorry for the long post. But since I don't know when I'm gonna be able to get online with you guys, I figured I'd just let it out here.

(L)

Timeline

Yazied asks how much some things are and when i tell him its: WHAT?! in jordan that is like 5 dinars (or fill in some crazy cheap price here) lol I told him the other day about that.... welcome to America,love.

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

CnT I can totally relate to all the cooking and cleaning....goodnes I am pooped by days end. My husband is being spoiled rotten, I do just about everything around here. I feel guilty going shopping now, my husband can't understand this change :P I am used to making money and then spending money, as I am making none I don't like spending any :unsure:

Hopefully I will have a IR1 interview in August and be able to WORK and SHOP :devil:

I do miss my friends and family, they have been very good with calling and emailing. When I think about my life in Canada, it's always hard giving up a career which was headed in the right direction and a lifestyle one was used too...but the thought only lingers for a few seconds and then I reality sets in I am in Sunny California with my husband, what could be better :)

*k3 Visa*

08-10-2008: NOA1

03-05-2009: NOA2

05-18-2009: K3 visa approved (Mumbai Consulate)

05-22-2009: POE LAX

*IR Visa*

07-10-2008: NOA1

08-13-2009: IR1 visa approved (Montreal, Canada)

08-15-2009: POE LAX

Timeline

awww seren. thats so sweet really.

Thanks!

Timeline

WHERE IS JEN??? CALLING JEN!

*k3 Visa*

*IR Visa*

Timeline

sounds fun CnT lol

I found out last night that you need a SS# to get a permit in KY (really guys?!) At the rate of our EAD process, I think Y will have a social in about 8 years :P

We might be able to use a ineligiblity letter from the SSA, I asked Y to call today to ask how to get one.

how's everyone else?

Thanks!

Timeline
Good morning everyone :D

Yesterday my mom let my husband drive on the highway (allbeit for just like 5 mins) after I told her not to :devil: Thank God they made it home in one piece :lol:

:unsure:

*k3 Visa*

*IR Visa*

Lisa, have you tried speaking to someone else? Also here you need a SSN but then there is another application you can fill out if you don't have one. Then they make you bring in your visa, the spouse's bc proving us citizenship and eventually they gave him the learner's permit (and even a dl whenever he's ready).

Timeline
Lisa, have you tried speaking to someone else? Also here you need a SSN but then there is another application you can fill out if you don't have one. Then they make you bring in your visa, the spouse's bc proving us citizenship and eventually they gave him the learner's permit (and even a dl whenever he's ready).

Ya, it's KY :lol: no, Im going to call and talk to someone when I get some time and see if we can get around the SS# thing.

Thanks!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hi all! In order to get D a license we have to get that ineligibility letter from the SSA. At the CT DMV, they told us we just had to go over there and get it. Probably one of those hurry up and waits we're all used to at this point.

I am still not 100% sure if D is allowed to study on the K3. The officer from the interview saw that he was planning on studying and said nothing. However, when he picked up the visa they told him he can't work OR study on the K3. Does anyone know for sure?

Edited by Married2aTico

K3 Interview 05/20/2009

POE Atlanta 05/26/2009

EAD NOA1 06/01/2009

EAD NOA2 08/2009

I-485 Sent 04/07/2010

I-485 NOA1 04/16/2010

Biometrics 04/28/2010 (assigned appt. date is 5/17/10, but we did an early walk-in with no problems!)

I-485 Interview 09/13/2010 (originally set for July, but had to reschedule, since we were in Europe then)

Waiting on GC to come in the mail!!!

.png

Timeline

I called CA DMV and was told I need a SSN but the girl on the phone wasn't quite sure.

CA DMV extract:Exception to the SSN requirement:

If you are legally present in the US, but ineligible for an SSN, you are exempt from SSN requirements. However, you must still provide an acceptable birth date/legal presence document for any DL/ID card application OR provide a valid SSN.

I think I am just gonna go to the local DMV office and see if I can get my DL transferred to CA

Edited by Serendipity_

*k3 Visa*

*IR Visa*

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hey everyone, just checking in to see what's going on.

Lisa - Hopefully you can get around the SSN requirement.

Seren - Check the california DMV website, New York has a different process for Canadian drivers to convert their license.

Steve - Still working three jobs?

Where are GS, Aruba, and Jen???

The Journey Home
04/27/2009 - POE at JFK (Quick and Easy!!!!)
05/07/2009 - Applied for SSN
05/09/2009 - Welcome Letter Received
05/14/2009 - SSN Received
05/11/2009 - GC Production Ordered
06/12/2009 - GC Production Ordered (AGAIN ?!?!?!)
06/19/2009 - Alien Registration Approval notice email
06/22/2009 - 2 Year Green Card Received!!!!!!

Naturalization
02/06/2013 - Application Sent
02/13/2013 - NOA (Priority Date Feb 8th)
02/13/2013 - Biometrics Appt. Letter Received
02/21/2013 - Early Bio Appt. (Original March 15th)
02/26/2013 - Place Inline for Interview

04/24/2013 - Interview scheduled

05/31/2013 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

XX/XX/2013 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

hey Que :waves:

Seren, maybe you can just transfer your DL, that would rule!

C! hey hun :D ya, I think we will have to get the letter too... I dont think it'll be a big deal really. just more hoops to jump lol

Stever,

poor brother is probably sleeping every second he gets a chance in between jobs... if you come on to check..... hi bro :D

Jenn,

Its been a while how are ya?

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.