17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Has anyone sent an RFE besides mailing it. I called and they said I can email the RFE with all the documents scanned but I was wondering if it ACTUALLY works and if anyone has done the same? Also faxing-anybody have experience?

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Has anyone sent an RFE besides mailing it. I called and they said I can email the RFE with all the documents scanned but I was wondering if it ACTUALLY works and if anyone has done the same? Also faxing-anybody have experience?

Yes a March filer did it the other day and it was fine!!! Just make sure you do a cover sheet, and your case number on all the pages!!!

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yes a March filer did it the other day and it was fine!!! Just make sure you do a cover sheet, and your case number on all the pages!!!

Kenza, this is a great question. Beth, thanks for the prompt answer :yes:

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Kenza, this is a great question. Beth, thanks for the prompt answer :yes:

NVC accepted his fax, his case is now complete, now he is waiting interview date!!! :thumbs: It WILL all work out Kenza, I promise!

Truly happy!!!

Timeline

regarding the police certificate-which the RFE was on. My husband is wondering if we got an RFE because it was in French? But they said it can be in the language the interview is at? I'm confused...

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

regarding the police certificate-which the RFE was on. My husband is wondering if we got an RFE because it was in French? But they said it can be in the language the interview is at? I'm confused...

Embassy states docs can be in English OR French. Hon, if you want, he can translate it himself, cause he speaks french right? Yes, he can do it. Or if you want my husband will do it for him, and he is there in Paris also. Let me know, I will give you his number in Paris!!!!!! You know I will do this if you want my MENA sister!!!

Truly happy!!!

Timeline

doesn't it have to be by a certified translator?

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello

how is everyone brothers and sister ..

its HOT here

im not sure abt translations BUT when i translated my PCC in Cairo ...the translation offices DIDNT accpet to translate the PCC ..told me that only the Ministry of Justice office have such Authourity ..so im not sure how in France that can be done ..but i truly believe tht no one can translate to him/her self ...thts not accepted , there must be someone else or an Authority ..

also ...no problem to send it in french ..NVC state no problem as and if the Interview will be conducted on the Embassy of the country that have the same language ..so u should be fine ...

find out what the RFE is about and send them what they want :)

best of luck sis .....

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

The ones I translated myself for USCIS, I did myself and wrote the phrase that Im competent to translate, etc etc. and I just signed it, they accepted it, it was on hubbys French Residency card. But as I mentioned, the docs can be in English or French since its at U.S. Embassy Paris.

Truly does not have to be translated.

Truly happy!!!

The ones I translated myself for USCIS, I did myself and wrote the phrase that Im competent to translate, etc etc. and I just signed it, they accepted it, it was on hubbys French Residency card. But as I mentioned, the docs can be in English or French since its at U.S. Embassy Paris.

Truly does not have to be translated.

Kenza, this is from the NVC webiste.

Translation Requirements

All documents not in English, or in the official language of the country in which application for a visa is being made, must be accompanied by certified translations.

The translation must include a statement signed by the translator that states that the:

Translation is accurate, and

Translator is competent to translate.

Truly happy!!!

Timeline

Is there a template somewhere for emailing an RFE?

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Timeline

I sent the email, should I also fax the papers or wait a couple days to see if the email worked or not?

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

They finally (after about 10 days) sent an email back saying they got the email I sent. They also got the snail mail the same day they sent the email. From my experience, I suggest doing both.

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

They finally (after about 10 days) sent an email back saying they got the email I sent. They also got the snail mail the same day they sent the email. From my experience, I suggest doing both.

Yeah Kenza :dance: Hope they finish your case up soon!!

Truly happy!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.