• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
dancing-all.gif

~~~~~~~~~VISA IN HAND~~~~~~~~~~~~

WONDERFUL!!! Mabrouk!!! When's he comming?

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

great news jackie :thumbs:

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

CONGRATS JACKIE!!!! I hope he comes for a visit in July, keep us posted!!

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congrats Jackie!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Congrats Annie and Stashi!!! :dance::dance:

As for rippin apart a home that's foreclosed on.... :whistle::whistle: I will find out Wednesday if my home will be foreclosed on. (i know...debbie downer *whah, whaaaaaaaaaah*). My best friend is a realtor but I told her that if they make me do a short sale I'm hesitant to give it to her 'cause I'm going to be the worst customer. If she calls and says someone will be there in an hour, we'll vacate the premises but I am not doing a stitch of housework or making any concerted effort whatsoever in making the place sellible. (sp?) I swear the next two days are gonna draaaaaaaaaaaag on. I cant concentrate on anything!!! The good news is that there is a house 3 doors down that is for rent and the rent is about 1/2 of what my mortgage payment is. It's all in God's hands now.

Congrats Jackie! :goofy: very awesome news to hear!!!

(right now- I need NEED NEEEEEED Chocolate!!! :crying::ranting::girlwerewolf2xn::goofy::help: ) this is a very good picture of me now!

My husband is in the habit of stocking us with Hershey's bars that he keeps in the freezer. I just ate one 1/2 hour ago and feel like I'm gonna hurl, so live vicariously through me, except for the pukey part. :)

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Timeline

As for rippin apart a home that's foreclosed on.... :whistle::whistle: I will find out Wednesday if my home will be foreclosed on. (i know...debbie downer *whah, whaaaaaaaaaah*). My best friend is a realtor but I told her that if they make me do a short sale I'm hesitant to give it to her 'cause I'm going to be the worst customer. If she calls and says someone will be there in an hour, we'll vacate the premises but I am not doing a stitch of housework or making any concerted effort whatsoever in making the place sellible. (sp?) I swear the next two days are gonna draaaaaaaaaaaag on. I cant concentrate on anything!!! The good news is that there is a house 3 doors down that is for rent and the rent is about 1/2 of what my mortgage payment is. It's all in God's hands now.

(right now- I need NEED NEEEEEED Chocolate!!! :crying::ranting::girlwerewolf2xn::goofy::help: ) this is a very good picture of me now!

My husband is in the habit of stocking us with Hershey's bars that he keeps in the freezer. I just ate one 1/2 hour ago and feel like I'm gonna hurl, so live vicariously through me, except for the pukey part. :)

Thanks Bridget! I totally understand how you feel about having that anger and you should take everything that is yours and you invested in unless its structural, builder installed fixtures, etc.

I am referring to homes that are without kitchens...stripped right down to the nothing but pipes, bathrooms with tubs ripped out, just wires hanging out of light sockets, I have even seen windows smashed, etc. I think here in AZ though its a different reason, these are the Cali folks (along w/ other states) that came after selling or refinancing in their home states and bought a HELL of a lot of homes (over what the normal Joe could afford---if you make 50k a year you can not afford a 500k home!) took 3 or 5 year ARM loans and then the market crashed and people lost their jobs. Well, 3 to 5 years later, guess what, your mortgage is now triple and you can't afford it. How can you blame a bank when you signed on the dotted line and not once but most likely up to 3 or 4 different homes. Everyone was greedy back then not just the mortgage lenders and its sad what is happening now. However, banks here are now taking the homeowners to court and sueing them for damages...IMO, I think its a good idea. I'm not referring to people who take all their fans, expensive light fixtures (provided you replace them with the old ones and not leave wires out), take all appliances, including your stove or microwave or dishwasher, take it all. But rip up a home...I don't get it. Wish there was a better answer for everyone (F)

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
great news jackie :thumbs:

omG Judy. I been wondering about you today, wondering where you been, then I realized oh it's me that I should be asking where *I* been LOL. Good to see you.

I got to meet Melynda today on a fluke. I called her and found out she lives not only in my area but like 3 miles from me. I had to drive past where she was anyways so she got in my car and we took a drive. had so much to share we were talking over top each other but it was all good. Now I gots me a new sister. :luv: Terrie: Thanks for the hook up. I got her invited to the meet up. Wow it's 12 am guess I should just make a Tuesday thread huh?

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Timeline

Bridget...just some advice that I was given when I was going through the same thing. My attorney told me absolutely do not do a short sell on a property that is going to be foreclosed on. The realtors do not tell you everything and by the time you get hit with the repurcussions the realty company has been paid. He said that you are responsible for all kinds of things in short sells likes taxes, differentials in the value vs what was paid for the home etc. Just be careful. I went through the same thing you did but it was years after my divorce I suffered trying to get my ex's name off of the home. I could refinance the home but the value dropped and they wanted 6-8000 brought to closing. I can't rob Peter to pay Paul. My ex filed bankruptcy in January and I followed in March. If you file, you can stay in the home longer and you are protected down the road. It messes up your credit that you have worked your life to build but you get a new start and with work can rebuild once what you had. My home was only 5 years old and I moved two streets over and can still see it out my window and have to mow the lawn until it is sold. It's sad.....but we have a new start. We rent a foreclosed home that my father remodeled. It was a mess like Annie said some of the ones she had seen. We had broken windows, torn carpet, holes in the walls and everything but it seems like home to me now and is half the price of the mortgage we had. I wish you the best Bridget. I know what it feels like.

Timeline

Bridget...just some advice that I was given when I was going through the same thing. My attorney told me absolutely do not do a short sell on a property that is going to be foreclosed on. The realtors do not tell you everything and by the time you get hit with the repurcussions the realty company has been paid. He said that you are responsible for all kinds of things in short sells likes taxes, differentials in the value vs what was paid for the home etc. Just be careful. I went through the same thing you did but it was years after my divorce I suffered trying to get my ex's name off of the home. I could refinance the home but the value dropped and they wanted 6-8000 brought to closing. I can't rob Peter to pay Paul. My ex filed bankruptcy in January and I followed in March. If you file, you can stay in the home longer and you are protected down the road. It messes up your credit that you have worked your life to build but you get a new start and with work can rebuild once what you had. My home was only 5 years old and I moved two streets over and can still see it out my window and have to mow the lawn until it is sold. It's sad.....but we have a new start. We rent a foreclosed home that my father remodeled. It was a mess like Annie said some of the ones she had seen. We had broken windows, torn carpet, holes in the walls and everything but it seems like home to me now and is half the price of the mortgage we had. I wish you the best Bridget. I know what it feels like.

Oh wow. Well I'd never ever tear up a place. I just meant if they're showing the home I'm not gonna jump up and mop the floors and vacuum! lol. That type of vandalism is just useless and wrong no matter how you feel about the situation.

I won't know all of my options until the guy calls me tomorrow, but from what I had read, in a shortsale I'm not responsible for the diff between the mortgage and the price the thing sells for. I guess I'll read up on it once I find out what the deal is. What's confusing is that he had me sign a contract (there's a name for it but I forget) wherein I paid the normal amount for three months, and everything I've read says that this is the option they do when they are going to renegotiate.

This is a long story but back in November I signed up with a company who claimed they were with the gov't and they had the name Hope Now. Well they weren't with the gov't and after giving them $2,600 they've now skipped town. The FTC has seized their assets but I haven't seen a dime of my money and I filed with the Attorney General about three months ago. That is how I got to where I am today. By putting trust in this fraudulent company. That and my ex stopped paying child support. I filed with the state for the support but he isn't even paying them now so by next week if he still hasn't paid then they'll seize his bank accounts (won't do any good he already put it all in his wife's name) and take his license away.

Anyways happy Tuesday everyone!!!! :dance::dance:

I'm very excited!!! My new holistic doc made me think hard about what sort of hobby I'd like to take on that involves getting fit. I picked hiking and now we have a little group of us hikers formed and we're starting this Saturday. Babysteps...we're all pretty much couch potatoes except this one friend who's been doing it for a few months now. If nothing else it'll be a bunch of laughs!!

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline

Oh wow. Well I'd never ever tear up a place. I just meant if they're showing the home I'm not gonna jump up and mop the floors and vacuum! lol. That type of vandalism is just useless and wrong no matter how you feel about the situation.

I won't know all of my options until the guy calls me tomorrow, but from what I had read, in a shortsale I'm not responsible for the diff between the mortgage and the price the thing sells for. I guess I'll read up on it once I find out what the deal is. What's confusing is that he had me sign a contract (there's a name for it but I forget) wherein I paid the normal amount for three months, and everything I've read says that this is the option they do when they are going to renegotiate.

This is a long story but back in November I signed up with a company who claimed they were with the gov't and they had the name Hope Now. Well they weren't with the gov't and after giving them $2,600 they've now skipped town. The FTC has seized their assets but I haven't seen a dime of my money and I filed with the Attorney General about three months ago. That is how I got to where I am today. By putting trust in this fraudulent company. That and my ex stopped paying child support. I filed with the state for the support but he isn't even paying them now so by next week if he still hasn't paid then they'll seize his bank accounts (won't do any good he already put it all in his wife's name) and take his license away.

Anyways happy Tuesday everyone!!!! :dance::dance:

I'm very excited!!! My new holistic doc made me think hard about what sort of hobby I'd like to take on that involves getting fit. I picked hiking and now we have a little group of us hikers formed and we're starting this Saturday. Babysteps...we're all pretty much couch potatoes except this one friend who's been doing it for a few months now. If nothing else it'll be a bunch of laughs!!

I'd still consult an attorney because mine basically threw his hands down on the table on that one. Just protect yourself. You know Bridget I think I heard about this company. That is awful, just downright freaking awful! I hope that things look up to you and good luck on hiking!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.