mzap

EAD refund

9 posts in this topic

way back when my fiance applied for his AOS and EAD in the same packet. We applied for the EAD hoping processing would go quickly and he could get it before his green card and start working asap. However, it now looks like that is not the case anymore!

We did not have any biometrics done for the EAD, only a NOA in mid-April. We are now wondering if it possible to cancel the EAD application and get a refund of almost $200? It serves no purpose to us anymore

.png

refund??? from the USCIS?? sadly, i think it's safe to assume no ...

you could always ask when you go to your interview in august! *shrugs*

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Music___Lennon___Imagine_by_jjjean6.png

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.~Nietzsche~

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

text___just_be_animated_colour_by_j.gif

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Filed: Timeline

Are you sure the bio you had wasnt for both? they dont send 2 seperate letters but the letter will have 2 bar codes on it. Ours was 1 letter for both and we filed concurrently as well. Our interview is on the 15 of Aug and we just got our EAD approval on Friday .. congratulations by the way.

.png

oops- he is my husband! as you can see in our picture on the side- we don't dress/look like that everyday!

Felshen: I checked on our biometrics notice and it only had one barcode on it and mentioned the I-485 all the way through with no mention of the I-765. oh well! thanks for the idea though! Best of luck on your interview :thumbs: I am ssooo excited for ours to come! It is still awhile away, but atleast we know now :)

I figured the USCIS would be a cheap ### about it, but doesn't hurt to ask!

Thanks All!! :star:

.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

not all aos's are approved that day due to fbi checks. so u still might need that ead.

we have been waiting since january when our interview was for his green card and still nothing.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

wishful thinking... as far as I know no refunds.

February 1, 2006 - Married in Brooklyn, NY

February 7, 2006 - I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765 Filed

February 18, 2006 - NOA for I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765

March 16, 2006 - Biometrics for I-765, I-485

March 16, 2006 - I-131, I-130 touched

March 18, 2006 - I-765, I-485 touched

March 18, 2006 - RFE for I-485

March 20, 2006 - I-485 touched

March 27, 2006 - RFE sent out

March 31, 2006 - USCIS received the RFE

April 3, 2006 - I-485 touched

April 5, 2006 - I-485 touched

April 6, 2006 - I-485 touched

April 19, 2006 - AP approved

April 24, 2006 - AP received in the mail

April 22, 2006 - EAD touched

April 24, 2006 - EAD approved

April 29, 2006 - EAD received in the mail

May 15, 2006 - Interview letter received

July 12, 2006 - Interview

July 12, 2006 - APPROVED!!!!

August 14, 2006 - Welcome to the US letter and I-130 approval received in the mail

August 15, 2006 - Permanent Resident Card received in the mail

So far so good

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I wish they issued refunds - I have never heard of them doing so.

We applied to have the conditions removed from my green card and also from my daughter's, only to find that she had been issued a 10 year card straight off and didn't have any conditions. They never returned our cheque when they sent the letter informing us of this!

Our journey started in 2001 and it's still not over. It's been a rollercoaster ride all the way! Let me off - I wanna be sick!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.