elmcitymaven

Anyone else hear this last night?

18 posts in this topic

I am totally hooked on listening to the radio programme "Coast to Coast AM" every night. What can I say, I love stories about Bigfoot (Sasquatch!) and ghosts. Anyway, I fell asleep listening to it, as usual, but in the middle of the night I swore I heard the term "I-751" being mentioned -- in my sleep? The radio? Yes, the radio! The host, Art Bell, was talking about the major problems he was having with his Filipina wife lifting conditions. If you're not familiar with him, Bell is a radio veteran and is a pretty well-known on-air personality.

Seems like they filed, and then got an RFE. They sent the RFE back, return receipt. They tracked the USPS number and saw it was received at CSC; he also got the return receipt back. They then had to return to the PI for family reasons, but by then her 2-year GC had expired. He did an INFOPASS and she got the I-551 stamp. While they were away, he got a letter telling him her application to lift conditions had been denied because they did not reply to the RFE in a timely manner -- and there was no right of appeal. This, even though they had proof it was received. Bell tore into USCIS like he was a VJer. He was told he could do the IR1 visa to get her in again, and that would be the only way forward. Why the I-551 stamp doesn't help, I'm not sure -- any ideas?

He's trying to get this reopened. More details available on the website: Art Bell's story It's horrible, and to be on the safe side I am definitely not going to allow my husband to visit his grandfather in Canada until after he has the new GC in his hand, or at least an approval letter. Scary.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Art Bell is a extremist republican - I only heard him a couple times when I couldn't get anybody else on the radio when driving. Not someone I would offer any condolences or help to - but he could ask Rush for help - birds of a feather.

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I used to listen to his talk show when I lived in Vancouver. It was interesting. :hehe:

He's a public figure with a problem that could happen to any of us. I emailed him to suggest that he get a good immigration lawyer and read VJ, and I included the link to this thread.

He has proof that his response to the RFE request was received. Surely that should be enough to have the case reopened. Then again, we're talking about USCIS. :(

K-1, AOS, ROC
2007, 2009, 2011

Naturalization

2016-05-17 - N-400 package sent

2016-05-21 - NOA1 (IOE receipt number)

2016-06-15 - Biometrics

2016-11-08 - Citizenship interview in Detroit: approved
2016-12-16 - Oath ceremony

Art Bell is a extremist republican - I only heard him a couple times when I couldn't get anybody else on the radio when driving. Not someone I would offer any condolences or help to - but he could ask Rush for help - birds of a feather.

He may be on the right wing (and I am most certainly not) but I don't listen for the politics, I listen for the sasquatch! :P Plus, I like knowing what the other side is up to. :D

Seriously, I agree with vanee. It could easily be one of us instead of him and his story should prove (yet another) cautionary tale for us all.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

This is why even though my mother-in-law is ill, I am asking my husband to stay here. Because this could get all sorts of screwed up. We are still waiting on our I-751 approval from VSC and we filed in Sept 08. He doesn't want to leave but it sucks majorly that we have to wait for this #######.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
He may be on the right wing (and I am most certainly not) but I don't listen for the politics, I listen for the sasquatch! :P

Me too. :) I don't remember much about politics at all. And whatever they are, they aren't related to this situation.

I told him in the email that he'd get support here from people who understand the difficulties he's experiencing. Whether we agree or disagree with his political viewpoints, I think that most people here would provide the support that he and his wife need at this time.

K-1, AOS, ROC
2007, 2009, 2011

Naturalization

2016-05-17 - N-400 package sent

2016-05-21 - NOA1 (IOE receipt number)

2016-06-15 - Biometrics

2016-11-08 - Citizenship interview in Detroit: approved
2016-12-16 - Oath ceremony

I agree with the above posters - whatever his political affiliations, he is entitled the same assistance and encouragement as anyone else. That is the basis of a democratic society.

02-18-2009 - I-751 filed (Removal of Conditions)

02-20-2009 - NOA1

03-20-2009 - Biometrics Appointment

03-23-2009 - Touched

06-22-2009 - Removal of Conditions approved (via USPS)

07-01-2009 - Email from USCIS advising of approval

07-06-2009 - Received 10-yr Permanent Resident Card

02-18-2010 - Eligible to file for naturalization

----------------------------------

Disclaimer! Any advice I give is purely informal, and is not legal advice.

Filed: Timeline

That's hilarious that you woke up when they mentioned the I-751. :lol:

Obviously, none of us are surprised that this happened..... we've heard so many horror stories on here. I'm glad you emailed him, Vanee. I know there are others on VJ who have successfully had their cases reopened due to USCIS error so, hopefully, he'll be able to find them in a search and get this resolved.

At this point in the process I'm thinking that if they deny me through USCIS error I am going back home. I have had it with immigration. icon2.gif Mind you, I am just grumpy because I am in the middle of collecting all my evidence. AGAIN. FOR THE THIRD TIME. :angry::protest:

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I checked out Art's Story (thanks for the link). This is some seriously scary stuff. I've just about had it with the USCIS when I consider all the obstacles, problems, errors (of their doing), and holdups we have all had to endure. I am eligible to apply for citizenship next month but I have to admit, the thought of being in yet another "process" with the USCIS makes my stomach churn.

I called the un-helpful line on Friday for some basic information about my 10-year greencard. The rudeness with which I was treated was like a sucker punch to my gut. From now on, I'm going to repeat back the CSR's name and rep number before I ask my questions. If I feel like I'm being treated with disrespect, I'm reporting them. Sorry, just a little rant on the side..... :ranting:

Jo-Anne

Sorry to hear about this for the Bell Family - as we know here on VJ, it's all too common...

I figure the RFE must have been for Tax Transcripts because that wasn't on their original list of evidence submitted, and we know how much USCIS needs to see that 'married filing jointly'...

AOS: ND - June 5 2006 | RFE - June 15 2006 | FP Notice - June 30 (Rescheduled to Sept 16) | AP ND - August 14 2006| Walk-in FP - Sept 5 (FP cleared next day!) | Interview - Sept 8 2006 (Approved!) | Welcome Letter - Sept 13 | EAD received - Sept 19 (kinda moot since I'm waiting for GC) | GC received - Sept 23 2006 - Woohoo!!

I-751: 06/10/08 Mailed package to VSC direct (per memo instructions) not TSC. The wait begins... | 06/11/08 Package received at VSC (12.12pm) | 06/19/08 Check cashed | 06/20/08 Received NOA1 in the mail - ND is 06/17/08 | 07/10/08 Received Biometrics Appt Letter - ND is 7/7/08 | 07/22/08 Biometrics (had to do ink & paper also...) | 07/22/08 Touched | 07/23/08 Touched | 02/11/09 Transferred to CSC (got email)... | 02/12/09 Touched | 02/20/09 Touched (but no email) | 03/24/09 Approval letter arrives in the mail! Approval date is 3/18/09 from VSC | 04/03/09 Received card, postmarked 3/31 from CSC

N-400: 06/11/09 Mailed to Lewisville Lockbox | 06/12/09 Package received at Lockbox and signed for at 1.31pm | 06/18/09 Check Cashed | 06/19/09 NOA, PD 06/12/09 | 07/06/09 Biometrics letter received, ND is 07/02/09 | 07/24/09 Biometrics appointment | 08/06/09 IL received, ND 08/03/09 | Interview 09/14/09 at 9.30am (approved!) | Oath 10/21/09 | USC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.