kisschick1976

Hey guys remember me? Kissy?

42 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

OK so, most of you will remember me, I married a Romanian back in 2004, we were approved and the next day after he got off the plane he changed, became abusive and we eventually seperated, on our way to a divorce. He still lives in Chicago and when he threw me out I went home to Texas. ok that's all the bad news there.

Good news. Yes we are getting divorced and he is going back home, he really misses Romania. Thing is, I have met someone new and it just so happens he is from England. I have already heard all the non-constructive things anyone could say... "Didn't you learn the first time? Don't you think this one will use you for a green card too? Stop meeting men on the internet ...etc." We aren't even engaged so let's not even go there. :wacko:

But what I am wondering is, what if we do decide to get married later. Will my previous failed marriage to a forgiener be a black mark on my record? I am wondering if there is anyone here that has been thrugh the visa process twice here that can let me know what to expect. Just in case. Also, the visa could be for me to go over there... we aren't sure just yet, we have only been together 6 months. :luv:

Life long Texan, living in Hull, UK. How did this happen?

11 January - We met online and became friends

4 February - Became a couple

17 March - I went to Hull to meet the guy

20 March - First "I love you"

25 March - I go home :(

16 November - He comes to visit me in Texas

25 November - he leaves back home :(

14 December - ENGAGED! <3

1 March- I fly off to see my babe in Hull

4 April - I go home :(

9 October - He comes back to Texas!!!!

13 October - WEDDING!!!

22 October - He goes back to England and I continue to wait for my settlement visa.

13 December 2007 - Move to England

Now the wait begins, I will become a citizen then we will DFC back to the US.

the-british-are-comming-small.jpg965-smaller.jpg

Our slide show .......... Our page on TheKnot.com

.png

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
OK so, most of you will remember me, I married a Romanian back in 2004, we were approved and the next day after he got off the plane he changed, became abusive and we eventually seperated, on our way to a divorce. He still lives in Chicago and when he threw me out I went home to Texas. ok that's all the bad news there.

Good news. Yes we are getting divorced and he is going back home, he really misses Romania. Thing is, I have met someone new and it just so happens he is from England. I have already heard all the non-constructive things anyone could say... "Didn't you learn the first time? Don't you think this one will use you for a green card too? Stop meeting men on the internet ...etc." We aren't even engaged so let's not even go there. :wacko:

But what I am wondering is, what if we do decide to get married later. Will my previous failed marriage to a forgiener be a black mark on my record? I am wondering if there is anyone here that has been thrugh the visa process twice here that can let me know what to expect. Just in case. Also, the visa could be for me to go over there... we aren't sure just yet, we have only been together 6 months. :luv:

oh yeah i remember you. wondered what happened to you. for the question above, about 'what if' i'd suggest a pm to the vj gurus yodrak or wenchie :thumbs:

sorry to hear things did not work out for you with your marriage, but it's good to hear that you were able to get out of there and are safe and sound. (F)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

oh yeah i remember you. wondered what happened to you. for the question above, about 'what if' i'd suggest a pm to the vj gurus yodrak or wenchie :thumbs:

sorry to hear things did not work out for you with your marriage, but it's good to hear that you were able to get out of there and are safe and sound. (F)

oh thank you so much! I think I will right now!!! :luv:

13 October - WEDDING!!!

22 October - He goes back to England and I continue to wait for my settlement visa.

.png

Heeeey Vikki!!! :dance: Nice to hear from ya! I wondered how you were doing (I kew abt Anton, I hope for a good future for ya )

Have a good life grrrrlll

omgwtfbbq :lol:

Edited by Silvanski

Entry in the USA: May 13 2005

10 yr GC approved: October 5 2007

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Hi Vikki! Sorry to hear things went south with your marriage :( Nice to hear, though that you found a new guy :thumbs: Just ignore all those non-constructive remarks ;) I'm not an expert, but my thinking is that a second petition might get closer scrutiny, but that your failed marriage probably won't keep you from getting another K visa. You wouldn't be the first to successfully petition for more than one person. Hope all goes well, and welcome back!

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

nah ... your failed marriage should have little to no effect on your next, especially since anton will be returning to romania.

as for nay-sayers ... of well, life's full of them for a multitude of reasons! :thumbs:

ride_hard_by_anuminis.jpg

p.s. ... having that advert in your siggy is a violation of the TOS, not too mention a bit glaring!! :P

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Music___Lennon___Imagine_by_jjjean6.png

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.~Nietzsche~

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

text___just_be_animated_colour_by_j.gif

Timeline
nah ... your failed marriage should have little to no effect on your next, especially since anton will be returning to romania.

as for nay-sayers ... of well, life's full of them for a multitude of reasons! :thumbs:

ride_hard_by_anuminis.jpg

p.s. ... having that advert in your siggy is a violation of the TOS, not too mention a bit glaring!! :P

yeah I better get rid of it, I was just trying to boost our google stats. don't think it's working. :(

thanks tho!

13 October - WEDDING!!!

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey kisschick I don't remember you, but I wish you the best of luck with your new guy and ignore other people criticism, usually it's a bunch of loser-1.gif with no life and they deserve no attention at all.

Nessa (F)

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Timeline

There are quite a few people who have sponsored >1 alien spouses/fiancees on VJ. Remember Bob and Tom from the Phillipines? They both had racked up quite a few Philipina wives over their lifetimes. I dont believe they had any problems at all.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

There are quite a few people who have sponsored >1 alien spouses/fiancees on VJ. Remember Bob and Tom from the Phillipines? They both had racked up quite a few Philipina wives over their lifetimes. I dont believe they had any problems at all.

ari!?!?!?! how on earth did you forget to mention shon?!?! she's sponsoring her 4th hubby at the moment!!!

where is the love?!?!

About_as_Subtle____by_xXIceNickyXx.png

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

Timeline

wasn't one of them the Disneyland guy? oh man. that was a blast from the past! Thanks!

13 October - WEDDING!!!

.png

Filed: Timeline

ari!?!?!?! how on earth did you forget to mention shon?!?! she's sponsoring her 4th hubby at the moment!!!

where is the love?!?!

My bad.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Does it matter if you're the beneficiary?

matters not!! are the words 'welcome to america' in your future?!?!? :D:thumbs::whistle::luv::lol::o (not quite sure what emote is appropriate atm)

~Winston Churchill~

Filed: Other Timeline

Hey Vicky!! I've seen you around from time to time....good to see you again...

If you are thinking you will be heading across the pond to live in Blighty, you might want to have a look at uk-yankee.com! Lots of info there regarding UK spousal and fiance' visas and some of our members are active there, including Gwen666!