7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I'm sorry if these are stupid questions but I'm still confused and can't seem to find solid answers.

The first is the Affidavit of Support in the Adjustment of Status.. does everything I took to the interview have to be collected and sent in all over again? My affidavit information, including employer letters/tax returns/etc from co-sponsor and my husband were taken at my interview. Do we have to ask for another employer's letter and ask for the co-sponsor's papers all over again? I read that some people didn't send in affidavits to the USCIS with their AOS packets because their 'evidence was strong enough'.. and the checklist specifies for an affidavit to be sent in, so I'm confused.

The second thing is the vaccine info.. mine was marked as 'incomplete' and under 'Human Papollomavirus', they wrote 'K1 visa applicant' and told me I needed to have this one completed for AOS.. but where do I get this done? Do I call any doctor and say I need this vaccine done or do I have to go elsewhere? If anybody has had it done here in the USA rather than when they were in their home country, what're the fees like and is it more than one injection?

Also under 'Varicella', 'VH' is written.. what does this mean..?

Thank you for any answers... I have another month left to file before my 90 days are up and I've completed everything in the AOS packet minus these.

and again, sorry if these are stupid or have been asked before.

Application Status

-----------

Package sent : 1st August 2008

I-129F received : 6th August 2008

NOA1 received : 14th August 2008

NOA2 received : 6th January 2009

NOA2 hard copy: 10th January 2009

NVC received: 8th January 2009

Case left NVC: 12th January 2009

Consulate recieved: 26th January 2009

Packet 3 recieved: 30th January 2009

Packet 3 sent back: 5th February 2009

Medical: 23rd February 2009

Packet 4 recieved: 5th March 2009

Interview: 27th March 2009

US entry: 6th April 2009

Marriage: 4th May 2009

AOS filed: 9th July 2009

Biometrics appointment: 15th August 2009

Case transferred to CSC: 25th September

AOS Approved: 3rd November 2009

2 Year Green card recieved: 9th November 2009

The first is the Affidavit of Support in the Adjustment of Status.. does everything I took to the interview have to be collected and sent in all over again? My affidavit information, including employer letters/tax returns/etc from co-sponsor and my husband were taken at my interview. Do we have to ask for another employer's letter and ask for the co-sponsor's papers all over again? I read that some people didn't send in affidavits to the USCIS with their AOS packets because their 'evidence was strong enough'.. and the checklist specifies for an affidavit to be sent in, so I'm confused.

Most people take photocopies of those things for the Embassy to keep. If you gave away your only record of those things, then you need to get them again. If a long time has lapsed like almost a year, then new versions would be appropriate. If a new tax return has been filed since the interview, then you have a new "latest tax return." Think of AOS as a brand new process and application and not just a few more papers added to your old visa file.

The second thing is the vaccine info.. mine was marked as 'incomplete' and under 'Human Papollomavirus', they wrote 'K1 visa applicant' and told me I needed to have this one completed for AOS.. but where do I get this done? Do I call any doctor and say I need this vaccine done or do I have to go elsewhere? If anybody has had it done here in the USA rather than when they were in their home country, what're the fees like and is it more than one injection?

Also under 'Varicella', 'VH' is written.. what does this mean..?

If you look at the column heading it says write "VH" if varicella history. So if yours says VH, then you have a history of varicella, which means you had chickenpox (varicella disease) and are considered immune and don't need the shot. If you are in the age group that requires HPV shot, then you can get it at a family doctor, public health clinic, or an approved Civil Surgeon. Call around and ask about the prices in your area. Just make sure you get a documented record (signed by a doctor with the clinic name and address on the paper.) Because you didn't complete the requirements in England, you have to get a US Civil Surgeon to sign off on the immunization section of Form I-693. The CS will need to see your DS3025 from the UK medical and also the record of the HPV shot given in the USA. Download the I-693 and read the instructions. You don't take the whole medical exam over again. You only need the vaccination section filled out by an approved Civil Surgeon. Many people mail their records to Dr. Arnold in Texas and he will sign off on your form for $30.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Thanks so much NichNick :D

Application Status

-----------

I just had hpv last week in USA got my first of three shots to be able to send of my vaccinations transcribed with aos. One shot cost us $159 cos the medical insurance decided to find/create a silly loop hole so they wouldn't cover any of it. We went to my husbands normal doctor and as he didn't have it in stock he wrote a prescription for one shot and we brought it back to him. Got written proof from the USA doctor of what I had got from him and took it to the civil surgeon. Second shot is due in two months and third in six months completes the series. Hopefully we find somewhere where medical insurance will pay some of each shot so it's cheaper. Vh stands for varraciella history ie I had chickenpoxs as a child. Cost me $35 to get it transcribed by civil surgeon in Santa monica. Always check the forms before they seal the envelope the lady forgot to put my new shots on there. :s

Homer Sez:

Increase your wordiness,

Boudoir:

Where a French guy does it.

Our full time line is in our story on our profile.

K1

04-30-2008.......I-129F POSTED

05-01-2008....NOA1 (Touched 05-04-2008, Touched 04-07-2008)

09-23-2008....NOA2 Approved(See below for receipt of actual NOA2 and update in the USCIS System***)

01-13-2009....INTERVIEW (APPROVED)

02-18-2009....POE (LAX)

04-09-2009....WEDDING

AOS

06-12-2009.....AOS,EAD and AP Fedexed.

06-15-2009.....Signed for by J.CHYBA

06-18-2009.....NOA1 dated for AOS/AP/EAD

06-19-2009.....Check cleared

06-23-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD/AP

07-20-2009.....phoned helpline to report no biometrics appointment sent, Service request generated.

07-25-2009.....Recieved biometrics notice (generated on the 22nd june) for the 08-19-2009.

07-30-2009.....Did early walk in biometrics.

07-31-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD

08-06-2009.....Generated interview notice(received 08/10/09)

08-10-2009.....EAD/AP Approved

08-19-2009.....***NOA2 (Finally received after 6 Phone calls, 11 months late) :)

09-09-2009.....Aos interview.(APPROVED)first card production email

09-12-2009.....Welcome Notice Received.

event.png

rmq4qx3kup.png

Timeline
I just had hpv last week in USA got my first of three shots to be able to send of my vaccinations transcribed with aos. One shot cost us $159 cos the medical insurance decided to find/create a silly loop hole so they wouldn't cover any of it. We went to my husbands normal doctor and as he didn't have it in stock he wrote a prescription for one shot and we brought it back to him. Got written proof from the USA doctor of what I had got from him and took it to the civil surgeon. Second shot is due in two months and third in six months completes the series. Hopefully we find somewhere where medical insurance will pay some of each shot so it's cheaper. Vh stands for varraciella history ie I had chickenpoxs as a child. Cost me $35 to get it transcribed by civil surgeon in Santa monica. Always check the forms before they seal the envelope the lady forgot to put my new shots on there. :s

If they take six months total... should I just file now without my vaccine info and wait for an RFE? Since I need to file AOS before 5th July.. :unsure:

Edited by Furious Biscuit

Application Status

-----------

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

"if they take six months total... should I just file now without my vaccine info and wait for an RFE? Since I need to file AOS before 5th July.. "

My hp vaccine was $120. You only need the first shot of the vaccine to file for AOS, they don't ask for proof the second or third, so just get the first shot and file for AOS, you won't get an RFE :)

Good Luck

Timeline
"if they take six months total... should I just file now without my vaccine info and wait for an RFE? Since I need to file AOS before 5th July.. "

My hp vaccine was $120. You only need the first shot of the vaccine to file for AOS, they don't ask for proof the second or third, so just get the first shot and file for AOS, you won't get an RFE :)

Good Luck

Oh awesome. That's comforting to know - thanks for that :)

Application Status

-----------

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.