July09Bride

Hawaii Honeymoon, Anyone from this forum stay in Waikiki??

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
We're staying in Honolulu for a few days and we just can't decide where we want to stay.

On/near/close to the beach?

Save the $$$ and go for a city view

Bust out the $$$ and go for an ocean view?

Go with the place listed on Hotewire as a 4* Resort for $115?

Go with the place further out a bit for less?

*sigh*

So many decisions. Any insight?????

You should have added a poll! lol

You're going on a cruise, aren't you? I would spring for a luxury hotel away from the beach so you get a fab room because you'll be seeing lots of beach on your cruise.

Here are some pics:

Lanikai

post-49431-1244199687_thumb.jpg

Hanauma Bay

post-49431-1244200283_thumb.jpg

post-49431-1244200298_thumb.jpg

Kaulua Ranch - Boat Trip

post-49431-1244200387_thumb.jpg

Ohhhhh, wow. Those pictures are fabulous.

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh my goodness!!!!! So many ideas! I have been to Hawaii twice before, but this will be my fiance's first trip. He had a choice... lol... we could go someplace I've already been and I would be a "normal" tourist or we could go somplace new to me and I would be my normal let's go all-the-time tourist self. With him being on the K1 Vias, kinda put a limit on where we could go. So, we went with Hawaii!

Just so I can put this in to perspective for everyone, we're arriving the day before our cruise departs (the Friday following the wedding) to stay a night so we can better acclimate to the time difference (6 hours - I think from EDT). Then we leave on Saturday for a 7 night cruise. We get back the following Saturday and will be departing the following Wednesday (5 more days and 4 nights).

We have plans to go swim with the dolphins, take a city tour, Pearl Harbor Tour, Polynesian Cultural Center (tour, luau, show, etc.), and time to just be us - after the craziness of the K1 stuff and wedding stuff - amongst other tourista stuff. Then, we're off to AoS! Ugh.

Anyway, I'll keep coming back for more ideas! I love them all!!!

BTW, the 4* "resort" at $115/night was on Hotwire. At least there, I can guess where/what the hotel will be. :)

We're staying in Honolulu for a few days and we just can't decide where we want to stay.

On/near/close to the beach?

Save the $$$ and go for a city view

Bust out the $$$ and go for an ocean view?

Go with the place listed on Hotewire as a 4* Resort for $115?

Go with the place further out a bit for less?

*sigh*

You should have added a poll! lol

You're going on a cruise, aren't you? I would spring for a luxury hotel away from the beach so you get a fab room because you'll be seeing lots of beach on your cruise.

Here are some pics:

Lanikai

post-49431-1244199687_thumb.jpg

Hanauma Bay

post-49431-1244200283_thumb.jpg

post-49431-1244200298_thumb.jpg

Kaulua Ranch - Boat Trip

post-49431-1244200387_thumb.jpg

Ohhhhh, wow. Those pictures are fabulous.

Didn't think about that! Is it too late? Can I still add one??

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Does your cruise leave the US at all? I looked into getting married on a cruise and all of them seem to leave the US for at least one stop.

ROC

Sept 9/11 - Sent I-751 Package in Mail

Sept 12/11 - Package received at CSC

Sept 15/11 - Cheque cashed

Sept 16/11 - Receive NOA for I-751

Sept 19/11 - Receive Biometrics Appointment Letter dated 9/15/2011

Oct 7/11 - Biometrics Appointment

Dec 2/11 - Greencard production ordered

Dec 3/11 - received email from USCIS advising card production

AOS

Aug 6/09 - Sent AOS, EAD, AP Package in mail

Aug 8/09 - Packaged received in Chicago

Aug 13/09 - Cheque cashed

Aug 17/09 - Receive NOA for I-485, I-765 and I-131

Aug 21/09 - Receive Notice for Biometrics Appt

Aug 24/09 - RFE Sent in Mail

Aug 29/09 - RFE recieved

Sept 3/09 - Mail back RFE package

Sept 5/09 - RFE package received

Sept 10/09 - I-485 case resumed

Sept 10/09 - Address changed on I-485, I-765 and I-131

Sept 15/09 - Biometrics Appt

Sept 28/09 - AP Approved, EAD Card Production Ordered Email #1

Oct 1/09 - Received AP Hardcopy in Mail, EAD Card Production Ordered Email #2

Oct 5/09 - Received EAD Card

Oct 29/09 - Received Interview Letter

Dec 2/09 - Interview --APPROVED!!!!

Timeline
Does your cruise leave the US at all? I looked into getting married on a cruise and all of them seem to leave the US for at least one stop.

Nope. We go all around Hawaii... and since Hawaii is state #50, we're all good!

Didn't think about that! Is it too late? Can I still add one??

Alas, it's too late. :(

Maybe you could create a new thread and I could just merge this one into that one?

Hmmm... I'm thinking I might just do that!

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline

What about suggestions for activities/must do or see??

I've been there twice before, but the last time was 20ish years ago. **Wow... didn't realize it was that long ago!**

Thanks to Krikit, she's merging this with my previous thread. But, I wanted to share info here that I also shared later in the discussion.....

This will be my fiance's first trip. He had a choice... lol... we could go someplace I've already been and I would be a "normal" tourist or we could go somplace new to me and I would be my normal let's go all-the-time tourist self. With him being on the K1 Vias, kinda put a limit on where we could go. So, we went with Hawaii!

Just so I can put this in to perspective for everyone, we're arriving the day before our cruise departs (the Friday following the wedding) to stay a night so we can better acclimate to the time difference (6 hours - I think from EDT). Then we leave on Saturday for a 7 night cruise. We get back the following Saturday and will be departing the following Wednesday (5 more days and 4 nights).

I can't wait to see what you all think! :)

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have never been to Hawaii (I'm the Canadian), but I hope to before I die!!!

Have a great honeymoon, whatever you decide.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Honestly. .we just got back from SC and we stayed on the beach with a beach facing room and it was incredible.. I wouldn't do it EVERY time I went on holiday.. but for honeymoons.. yeah you bet. :thumbs:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Our second choice, when we were in Hawaii this spring is what I would recommend for you - get a B&B in Honolulu! I saw many beautiful and reasonably priced ones.

Also, you didn't mention if an airport shuttle is a prerequisite or if you are renting a car for the night.

For others looking for Hawaii ideas: When we went to Hawaii we stayed in a literally steps-to-the-beach beach cottage by Punalu'u. It's about a 40 minute drive from Honolulu.

Sunrise over Punalu'u: http://lh5.ggpht.com/_bIzx_fseAMc/ShTIfrti...s800/18_16A.jpg

We really liked the things to do on the Big Island a lot better. There are a TON of really great snorkeling spots along the coast as you go south from Kona. We bought and brought our own snorkeling gear and thought it was worth every penny and every in^3 of packing space!

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Wow. I bet that sunrise was brilliant in real life, Nik+Heather.

I was shocked that it came out so well....I took it with the dorky little disposable underwater camera, I think it's better than any of the digital pictures we took. Best $12. we spent there! Lots of fish pictures as well. :D

Of course, Hawaii's a beautiful place. It's easy to find things to snap shots of.

Edited by Nik+Heather

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Timeline
Our second choice, when we were in Hawaii this spring is what I would recommend for you - get a B&B in Honolulu! I saw many beautiful and reasonably priced ones.

Also, you didn't mention if an airport shuttle is a prerequisite or if you are renting a car for the night.

For others looking for Hawaii ideas: When we went to Hawaii we stayed in a literally steps-to-the-beach beach cottage by Punalu'u. It's about a 40 minute drive from Honolulu.

Sunrise over Punalu'u: http://lh5.ggpht.com/_bIzx_fseAMc/ShTIfrti...s800/18_16A.jpg

We really liked the things to do on the Big Island a lot better. There are a TON of really great snorkeling spots along the coast as you go south from Kona. We bought and brought our own snorkeling gear and thought it was worth every penny and every in^3 of packing space!

We were able to book an airport/Waikiki transfer shuttle when we booked our airfare. Otherwise, we could rent a car for a day, take public transportation... we're doing the shuttle included with the PCC b/c I know I won't want to drive an hour back afterwards and neither will he. LOL But hey, for $15 x2, we can ride and have someone else drive! :)

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.