7 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

We might be moving soon and I am getting ready to mail in the I-751. I am thinking of putting my parents address for the mailing address. Has anyone else done this? Do you think they will pay attention and mail everything to my parents address if I put it as the mailing address?

Natalie

September 12th, 2006 - Sent in I29F to California Service Center

September 23rd, 2006 - NOA1 Received

December 6th, 2006 - NOA2 Online - APPROVED

January 31st @ 7:30 AM - Interview APPROVED

June 7th, 2007 - Sent in AOS, EAD, and AP Applications

June 15th, 2007 - NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP

July 14th, 2007 - Biometrics Apointment

August 17th, 2007 - EAD and AP APPROVED

September 18th, 2007 @ 9:03AM - AOS Interview APPROVED

July 29th, 2009 - Sent in I-751 -Lifting of Conditions

July 31st, 2009 NOA

August 29, 2009 @ 12:00P - Biometrics Appointment

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Yes you can, and this may be a smart thing.

Also perhaps place a parent's name on the C/O line so if for some reason the PO has an issue the will deliver USCIS corespondence there anyway.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

We might be moving soon and I am getting ready to mail in the I-751. I am thinking of putting my parents address for the mailing address. Has anyone else done this? Do you think they will pay attention and mail everything to my parents address if I put it as the mailing address?

Natalie

I agree with YuAndDan, that will be smart movies as their address is permanent.

With USCIS if you file a new case, they use that address as your current address. So do an AR-11 online, print out the confirmation page, file I-865 for USC spouse change of address. Include them with I-751 documents and mention these in your I-751 cover letter in the list alongwith other documents. I think like YuAndDan said putting C/O might work for you.

If you change your address after you file I-751 they will still send the documents to old address or some to old and some to new ones. Sounds strange but it's true. so address change alongwith with new application works best as long USCIS is concerned.

Good Luck.

Ok, I am not trying to pick on anyone, but I do not believe that you should file an AR-11 for a "mailing address", but only for a physical address. Someone can correct me if I am wrong and I won't get offended.

2001 Met

2005 Married

I-485/I-130

12/06/2006-------Mailed I-130/1-485

12/16/2006--------Recieved NOA 1 (I-130 & I-485)

12/18/2006--------Touched I-130/I-485

01/20/2007--------Biometrics

05/10/2007 -- Interview, Approved!

05/22/2007 GREEN CARD arrives!!!

02/2009 - File to lift conditions

I-765

12/14/2006--- Mailed EAD App.

01/20/2007--- Biometrics

02/09/2005-------Sent in request to Congressional office for assistance with expediting EAD.

02/13/2007 -------- EAD Approved!

02/26/2007 - ------EAD received

Removal of Conditions:

05/12/2009 -- Overnighted application by USPS express mail (VSC).

05/14/2009 -- Green Card expired.

05/23/2009 --- Check cleared bank.

05/26/2009 -- Received NOA (NOA date May 15, 2009, guess they aren't deporting me).

05/29/2009- Biometrics Notice date

06/01/2009- Received Biometrics Letter

06/18/2009 - Biometrics

09/23/2009 - date of decision to approve (letter received), just waiting for card. No online updates whatsoever.

Addition to my previous answer. If you are moving changing address regarding of physical vs mailing address, then of course you have to notify by law to USCIS within 10 days after you move. Read this, please

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Aliens Online change of address

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa

If you think that this is temporary move and you can still get mails on this address and you might move again soon, then there two options either fill out address change and put your parents address as new address or don't do address change at all.

According to USCIS website and link above:

"A willful failure to give written notice to the USCIS of a change of address within 10 days of the change is a misdemeanor crime. If convicted, the alien (or parent or legal guardian of an alien under age 14 who is required to give notice) can be fined up to $200 or imprisoned up to 30 days, or both. The alien may also be subject to removal from the United States. (INA § 266(B)). Compliance with the requirement to notify the USCIS of any address changes is also a condition of an alien’s stay in the United States. Failure to comply could also jeopardize the alien’s ability to obtain a future visa or other immigration benefit."

So the choice is yours, If think your parents wont move and will be at their address for a Year or so then use their address as your new address as you don't want to have mails from USCIS getting lost.

BTW based on my experience and reading posts here on VJ, USCIS will have the address you used when you filed I-485 and did AOS and might not your current address enough though you did change your address with them.

I forgot to do an address change since AOS, moved. I filed AR-11 online the day I sent them my I-751 and used my current address, they sent me NOA and biometric at the new address.

Another VJ did change of address online (after forgetting to change their address with USCIS), printed out the confirmation page, attached it with I-751 packet and include that as document in the document list of cover letter of I-751. She got NOA for address change and soon after couple of weeks NOA and biometric letters as well.

So the final choice is yours.

Hope it helps

Good Luck.

We filed our I-751 last month, same physical address address as always (no moves since starting the K-1 process back in 2006) but I have maintained a PO Box, in another city even, for 20 years. Could not use it for the K-1 or AOS, but listed the PO Box on our I-751 as our mailing address. Amazingly, USCIS sent our NOA1 to the PO Box.

So I think you would be fine to list your parents as a mailing address when you file your I-751, no need to also file the AR-11 until you physically move, which may be after filing I-751. I would agree, since it is the law, file the AR-11 when you physically move within 10 days.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Hi to all,

Just need clarrification. After I got my CR1 visa last month my hubby was moved to his father house, so we have no pending application now. Do we need to report our change address doing AR-11? Or we will wait till I come to US as greencard holder? Or we better file AR-11 online so they will send the welcome letter at our new address????

But we are confused now what to put in AR-11 cause hubby said the new address cannot receive mail cause there is no mailbox there, so he told me to use his old PO BOX address at his brothers address...So is it Ok to use the mailing address in AR-11? or we will need to put our new address where we moved??PLs give me clarrification

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.