5 posts in this topic

Filed the complete I-485/I-130 package to the Chicago lock box on June 2.

Our interview will be 100 miles away in Milwaukee.

What comes next?

Do they want the biometrics before the interview or at the same time? Will we get a temporary work permit in 30 days? When do we go in for a SS number?

Any enlightenment on what happens after filing would be most appreciated !!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Filed the complete I-485/I-130 package to the Chicago lock box on June 2.

Our interview will be 100 miles away in Milwaukee.

What comes next?

Do they want the biometrics before the interview or at the same time? Will we get a temporary work permit in 30 days? When do we go in for a SS number?

Any enlightenment on what happens after filing would be most appreciated !!

biometrics is a separate appointment at your nearest application support center (not the same as a USCIS field office). In Milwaukee it is in the same building but not the same office. You will need biometrics be done before they can issue employment authorization (assuming you applied) and for the greencard. You could get two notices with different dates and times... If this happens, you can request they do biometrics for both in one trip so you do not need to trave twice.

did you also submit an I-765? If not there is no interim work permit in your future.

If you did, then 60-90 days you should recieve your employment authorization card... then you can go to SSA for SSN. Otherwise you will need to wait for the green card.

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

payxibka summed it all up. You should expect two NOA's(Notice of Action) for the I-485/I-130 or four, if you filed the I-765 & I-131 alongwith your application. Then comes the Biometrics. Normally you should be done with the biometrics within a month or two. Expect your EAD card and AP document in the mail(assuming you did apply for them). Last but not least:), await your interview letter.

Best Of Luck.

IR5 For Parent

Thanks so much to both of you. Yes I-765 and Affidavit of Support was all sent with the package. Plenty of G325's too. Even included the sealed medical exam from the civil surgeon.

We used the guide here which was extremely helpful.

So they notify us about biometrics? Where to go, what to do....or is this something we are on our own with?

Our field office is Milwaukee. Our home city is Green Bay, WI. Is there a possibility the biometrics could be in Green Bay?

Edited by CitizenUS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Thanks so much to both of you. Yes I-765 and Affidavit of Support was all sent with the package. Plenty of G325's too. Even included the sealed medical exam from the civil surgeon.

We used the guide here which was extremely helpful.

So they notify us about biometrics? Where to go, what to do....or is this something we are on our own with?

date, time, location will be on the appointment notice

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.