native2music

Question about Infopass

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Slovenia
Timeline

My fiance will be here to visit for a couple of weeks in June. Our case is so far outside of processing time and we have done everything short of making an Infopass appointment. I thought it would be a very good idea to schedule one while he is here so we can both go. I've asked customer service about it and they just direct me to the webpage to set appt. I have so many questions before making the appt... can you help?

1. It is a 6 hour drive from my home to go to the appt, which means I will need to take a day off of work (no vacation time). Does the Infopass appt's really help?

2. Are they thorough in answering questions, or are they like the USCIS customer service who seems to know nothing (or claims to know nothing)?

3. When setting up an appt online, do they tell you the day and time by mailing you a letter, or can you at least choose the day so that a person can give their employer notice for taking off? Or because my fiance will be here only 2 weeks, what if they schedule it after he has left?

Any advice from anyone, or even if someone can tell me a little about their experience with doing an infopass appt it would be sooooooo helpful!

Thanks for taking the time to read this post!

yes yes yes

infopass is a great service

i use it almost weekly or atleast monthly

u can pick ur own time and ask many questions.

good luck

abby

post-67431-1244083643_thumb.jpg

post-67431-1244083652_thumb.jpg

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

Background check on the petitioner with fingerprints?

Never saw that before.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Timeline
yes yes yes

infopass is a great service

i use it almost weekly or atleast monthly

u can pick ur own time and ask many questions.

good luck

abby

Thank you for replying! Do you pick your own time on the website? :) sounds more promising than what I expected

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
My fiance will be here to visit for a couple of weeks in June. Our case is so far outside of processing time and we have done everything short of making an Infopass appointment. I thought it would be a very good idea to schedule one while he is here so we can both go. I've asked customer service about it and they just direct me to the webpage to set appt. I have so many questions before making the appt... can you help?

1. It is a 6 hour drive from my home to go to the appt, which means I will need to take a day off of work (no vacation time). Does the Infopass appt's really help?

2. Are they thorough in answering questions, or are they like the USCIS customer service who seems to know nothing (or claims to know nothing)?

3. When setting up an appt online, do they tell you the day and time by mailing you a letter, or can you at least choose the day so that a person can give their employer notice for taking off? Or because my fiance will be here only 2 weeks, what if they schedule it after he has left?

Any advice from anyone, or even if someone can tell me a little about their experience with doing an infopass appt it would be sooooooo helpful!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline
Background check on the petitioner with fingerprints?

Never saw that before.

Yes.... crazy, huh? Funny thing... when I got there she looked right at my paperwork and asked if I was from the UK. :o Everything was right in front of her. I about fell over. I have never lived in any other country. I was born here. They just smiled at me took my fingerprints and said they would know right away if anything comes up. Nothing came up... imagine that... I'm not wanted. :lol: really it's not all that funny after all this waiting, but I've gotta laugh at something.

Timeline

Sorry, messed up first reply

Yes, you can choose the date and time online. Ask for supervisors if you get no where. You may still get no where, but at least at a higher level

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Sorry, messed up first reply

Yes, you can choose the date and time online. Ask for supervisors if you get no where. You may still get no where, but at least at a higher level

Awesome!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
Do you have a lawyer? You are at the point where you could file a writ of mandamus lawsuit. Sometimes it suffices to threaten to do so. I am very sorry you are going through this!

No, we don't have a lawyer. I had thought about that and read about others on here who used a lawyer. Most of what I have read, their lawyers didn't do much for them... at least they did pretty much what the applicants can do themselves, prepare the paperwork. If no more of a resolution or even reason after this Infopass appointment, we will be looking at other options.

Thank you for your kind words. I'm sorry that we are going through it too.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

INFOPASS IS A WASTE OF TIME, YOU WILL SEE. MY CASE IS PENDING FOR A 1 YEAR AND 3 MONTHS DUE TO

SECURITY CHECKS, AND SO FAR I HAVE DONE 4 INFO PASSES, AND NOTHING. ALL THEY SAY IS MY CASE IS

RECEIVED AND PENDING. YOU WILL NOT ONLY LOOSE MONEY IN GAS BUT YOU WILL ALSO LOOSE YOUR SALARY FOR

THAT DAY. INSTEAD OF THE INFOPASS, TAKE YOUR FIANCEE TO A NICE PLACE, SPEND THE DAY TOGETHER AND

ENJOY EACH OTHER'S COMPANY. LATER ON WHEN YOUR FIANCEE GETS BACK TO HIS OR HER COUNTRY, YOU CAN

:thumbs: SCHEDULLE AN INFOPASS APPOITMENT ON YOUR DAY OFF FROM WORK.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2008-03-14

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-03-18

I-129F RFE(s) : none

RFE Reply(s) : none

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-02

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Date Filed : 2010-01-14

NOA Date : 2010-01-21

Employment Authorization Document

Event Date

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2010-01-14

NOA Date : 2010-01-21

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
INFOPASS IS A WASTE OF TIME, YOU WILL SEE. MY CASE IS PENDING FOR A 1 YEAR AND 3 MONTHS DUE TO

SECURITY CHECKS, AND SO FAR I HAVE DONE 4 INFO PASSES, AND NOTHING. ALL THEY SAY IS MY CASE IS

RECEIVED AND PENDING. YOU WILL NOT ONLY LOOSE MONEY IN GAS BUT YOU WILL ALSO LOOSE YOUR SALARY FOR

THAT DAY. INSTEAD OF THE INFOPASS, TAKE YOUR FIANCEE TO A NICE PLACE, SPEND THE DAY TOGETHER AND

ENJOY EACH OTHER'S COMPANY. LATER ON WHEN YOUR FIANCEE GETS BACK TO HIS OR HER COUNTRY, YOU CAN

Sorry for being a newb but, what is infopass and why would you need this?

Timeline
Do you have a lawyer? You are at the point where you could file a writ of mandamus lawsuit. Sometimes it suffices to threaten to do so. I am very sorry you are going through this!

No, we don't have a lawyer. I had thought about that and read about others on here who used a lawyer. Most of what I have read, their lawyers didn't do much for them... at least they did pretty much what the applicants can do themselves, prepare the paperwork. If no more of a resolution or even reason after this Infopass appointment, we will be looking at other options.

Thank you for your kind words. I'm sorry that we are going through it too.

You don't need a lawyer to file the writ and you do not need an attorney for the whole process to do so either. A call top your Senators office is probably more productive than either.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Sorry for being a newb but, what is infopass and why would you need this?

It is an appointment at your local USCIS office. The OP does not need this and will likely waste her time as they are not involved with case processing in any way. But she asked how to do it. She is free to go and waste her time. They can be helpful with....let me think. I will get back to you on that...

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.