Y's_habibitk

Family Book

"family book"  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Is your marriage in the family book?

• yes-i am the USC wife
    • yes-I am the husband in my home country
    • no- I am the USC wife
    • no- I am the husband in my home country
    • wtf is a family book?
  2. 2. Do you plan to add it at a later time?

• yes-USC wife
    • yes-husband in home country
    • no-USC wife
    • no- husband in home country
    • again, wtf is a family book?
    • It's already in the family book

34 posts in this topic

Lisa, I have heard of the family book.

I think I did ask Tarik about it. I think he doesn't even know the specifics of it.

I would like to know more so if you find a link or something certainly put it up here.

Again...#######! is a family book? LOL

I think I did ask Tarik about it. I think he doesn't even know the specifics of it.

I would like to know more so if you find a link or something certainly put it up here.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope to get the family book.

but we have had NO LUCK even registering our marriage at the consulate. they told us we had "to take" the papers to Morocco to get our marriage registered or whatever.

and we DO have a baby coming.... :luv::unsure:

every time i think about it, it gets me sad. We've been married for 2 years now, and still can't get our marriage recognized properly in the KoM.

i hate very few things, but i hate the Moroccan Consulate.

CONGRATS! I ALSO DIDN'T REALIZE :blush:

I haven't seen you post much lately either. Hope you are having a healthy pregnancy thus far

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

heh heh

I was looking for some links, here are some.

http://books.google.com/books?id=RkbZWrU4U...lt&resnum=1

This talks about the womans rights if she does not have the family book(daftar) after divorce or being widowed in countries with a "family book"

Jordan actually now allows women to start their own. :thumbs:

From another article:

Commenting on the problems of widowhood

"My husband was 30 years older than me. After he died my in-laws refused to give me the family book because they did not want me to claim my inheritance"

Without the family book she lost access to cash assistance from her husbands pension and is reduced to surving on loans and handouts"

So, the only referrence I could find online was all about womens rights and how they are in jepordy without the family book. :unsure:

Basically, you cant do anything or prove you're even married or a family member in certain countries without the family book.

I'll keep looking to see what countries require or have a "family book/id" because i am bored and now curious...i really should get to work lol

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Lisa,

Good to hear it is going so well also getin better every day :) You are looking very happy in your new pic I noticed a bit ago just had not had the time to say anything.

My goofy husband tried to give me our book before I left, told him to hold onto it just in case you never know what they will ask for at that crazy interview

**** note here if we ever get through CSC & NVC then we can have an interview ***

Headed to go paint something else... I am feeling the need to beautify everything ... lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.