2for2

No Lease or Mortgage as evidence

10 posts in this topic

Hi guys. We are going to file in a couple of weeks, we have a lot of evidence but no lease or mortgage as we have lived with my sister since we got married. We are looking into buying our own place within the next few months to take advantage of the tax brake but I don't think we will have any paperwork before we file for removal of conditions. Would this be a problem? We have lots of other evidence, credit cards, bank accounts, insurances, cars, etc. Hope to hear from someone who is or was in a similar situation

When we bought our house, we signed an agreement with the realtor - a non competition clause or something - that would be a joint document that you could use.

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

have your sister write a letter stating that you lived with her..

Hi Marilyn. How specific should this letter be. Should we include it in the original package or wait to see if we get a request for more evidence, as we have lots of other evidence. Does it have to be notarized?

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

just a letter stating how long you have lived with her etc maybe she should include any financial arrangements you have with her, if you have any.. like you pay for part of the utilites etc......

I would include it with the package and no it doesn't have to be notarized..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I didn't send any lease or rental proof - as the house is paid for and is only in my name. If you have other proof - bank statements, credit card statements, insurance etc. - in joint names - then the lease/rental is not needed (in our case it was never asked for). Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

My name was not on our mortgage as well, I just state in my cover letter and I got approved.You should be fine.Good luck. :)

Hi Bituin. how did you state this in the the cover letter? Thanks.

Hi there!

At the end of my cover letter I put

P.S.

Sir or Madam, I am not including a joint mortgage or house ownership as my husband had bought our house before we met and married and adding my name to it would require refinancing which is unacceptable alternative for us at this time and we are in Arizona a Community property state so there is no legal reason to add my name to the mortgage.

--------------

Your situation is different and I agree with marilyn just ask your sister to write something for you .Good luck.

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

We have the same situation as the OP. Live with family. I sent copies of some checks made out to my dad for rent, and put on the cover letter that we live with him and have for the past two years. We have a lot of other proof such as trips together, bank statements, car title/insurance, etc. I also got affidavits from friends who have known us as a couple and attending our wedding. Good luck to you.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.