wil

Anyone got interview notification? New York City

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Hi,

I saw a lot of people who sent their applications in Feb already got their interview date.

But ours were sent and received by NBC at the end of Jan and we still did not hear anything from them. Is it because we are in New York City and it is kind of slow? No fingerprint appt, no new update on case status online...

Did anyone who is also from NYC and sent their application at similar time get their interview notification? It's worrying us when we see the others at least get something...

Any advice?

Wil

Hi,

I saw a lot of people who sent their applications in Feb already got their interview date.

But ours were sent and received by NBC at the end of Jan and we still did not hear anything from them. Is it because we are in New York City and it is kind of slow? No fingerprint appt, no new update on case status online...

Did anyone who is also from NYC and sent their application at similar time get their interview notification? It's worrying us when we see the others at least get something...

Any advice?

Wil

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDis...ngs?type=office

Field Office Processing Dates for New York City NY as of: March 31, 2009

N-400 Application for Naturalization - Processing timeframe: August 22, 2008

N-400

5/29/2010 - USPS Express Mail Out N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/11/2010 - NOA in my mail box

6/17/2010 - Able to see case status "Initial Review"

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/2/2010 - Called mis-information line to put in a service request for STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED "FP NOTICE"

7/8/2010 - LUD, at 2:32am, received text msg and e-mail for req. for add'l evidence being mailed out on July 6th, believe it's for the FP

7/12/2010 - Received FP notice in mail, scheduled for 8/2/2010

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

7/22/2010 - Online status changed to "Case sent to local office for interview schedule"

7/27/2010 - Received interview letter for 8/23/2010

8/23/2010 - Passed interview, was informed that next oath date is 9/22/2010 and oath letter will come in the mail

9/3/2010 - Received oath letter in the mail for 9/22/2010

Disclaimer: All comments, advice and information are given out by my kind intention, please use them at your own risk and do not hold me liable or responsible for any inaccuracy.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

You should call or make an Infopass to make sure your biometrics didn't get lost in the mail.

Did you receive your first NOA?? You're sure they received your application, right?

The above is not legal advice.

It is either from research or merely my opinion.

smiley-6061.png

vjsig.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
Hi,

Any advice?

Wil

I know NYC is really slow but I think you should call USCIS as soon as you can. Someone on this forum suggested calling them, telling them you did not receive your NOA, that way you can be escalated to a 2nd level officer who can look up your most up to date information.

I filed in March in NYC and am still waiting for an interview date (I called USCIS an they said I'm in the interview queue), another filer in March got an interview date 3 weeks ago. The other NYC applicants from February also got their IL so I suggest you call to check what's happening. Also, there was a transition towards the N400 lock boxes in Dec/Jan so since you filed around that time, it would be good to check that your file is not stuck in between, especially since you mentioned you hadn't received a FP notice or anything ever since (Bear in mind that you can be scheduled for an interview without the FP if you have valid ones of less than 15 months).

Hope this helps!! Good luck!

animated_us_flag.gifN-400 TIMELINE / NYC District Office

03/10/09--------SENT

03/16/09--------NOA priority date

03/24/09--------NOA DATE

04/01/09--------FP notice date

04/14/09--------FP DATE

06/01/09--------IL notice date

07/23/09--------IL DATE -----APPROVED

08/04/09--------Oath --------US CITIZEN

08/04/09--------Applied for passport

08/14/09--------Received passport

Timeline

Sorry to confuse you.

We did receive NOA in Feb. When I called them in late Feb about the fingerprint, they mailed us stating my fingerprint is still good.

And then it's just waiting...

I saw someone else from NYC submitted application in Feb and got interview for June 2nd...

We are just unsure about ours... Or most cases are slow in NYC?....

From what I've seen, the Garden City sub-office in Long Island is much slower than the main NYC office in Manhattan. So if you live in Brooklyn, Queens or Long Island, that might explain the longer wait.

Since you didn't have fingerprints done recently, it could be that the old prints they had on file had expired while you were on the queue and that is also delaying your interview appointment. In that case, an Infopass might be in order to make sure you get the biometrics done as soon as possible if the expired FP are in fact holding up the interview scheduling.

Good luck and please share your experience! We are just a few months behind you!

Edited by l.j./1999

JOURNEY HIGHLIGHTS

04/23/05: Sent fiance petition (I-129F) to VSC

10/26/05: K-1 visa in hand

02/17/06: Flight to U.S. - POE Anchorage

03/01/06: We got married!!

03/04/06: Applied for Adjustment of Status

07/31/06: Received 2-Year Green Card in the mail

04/08/08: Sent application for Removal of Conditions to VSC

03/20/09: Received 10-year Green Card in the mail

04/11/09: Mailed N-400 application to Lewisville, TX Lockbox

08/18/09: Citizenship interview in Garden City, NY

08/27/09: Sworn in as a U.S. Citizen in Brooklyn Court House

08/29/09: Applied for U.S. Passport (routine service)

09/25/09: Received U.S. Passport in the mail

* Our Journey is Complete ! *

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
From what I've seen, the Garden City sub-office in Long Island is much slower than the main NYC office in Manhattan. So if you live in Brooklyn, Queens or Long Island, that might explain the longer wait.

Since you didn't have fingerprints done recently, it could be that the old prints they had on file had expired while you were on the queue and that is also delaying your interview appointment. In that case, an Infopass might be in order to make sure you get the biometrics done as soon as possible if the expired FP are in fact holding up the interview scheduling.

Good luck and please share your experience! We are just a few months behind you!

Hey l.j/1999, thanks for that piece of information which really makes sense. Someone in the Bronx filed in February and is nearly done with the process, oath is mid june.

I filed in March and haven't got an interview date yet so yessssss Garden city is much slower.

@ Wil, when did you take fingerprints last? I took mine in May 2008 but still had to take another set in April 2009 for the N400, less than a year. in fact, I was told that you had to have the FP valid on your interview date so like Ij/1999 suggested call them, they may have expired in the meantime!

animated_us_flag.gifN-400 TIMELINE / NYC District Office

03/10/09--------SENT

03/16/09--------NOA priority date

03/24/09--------NOA DATE

04/01/09--------FP notice date

04/14/09--------FP DATE

06/01/09--------IL notice date

07/23/09--------IL DATE -----APPROVED

08/04/09--------Oath --------US CITIZEN

08/04/09--------Applied for passport

08/14/09--------Received passport

Timeline

Hey l.j/1999, thanks for that piece of information which really makes sense. Someone in the Bronx filed in February and is nearly done with the process, oath is mid june.

I filed in March and haven't got an interview date yet so yessssss Garden city is much slower.

@ Wil, when did you take fingerprints last? I took mine in May 2008 but still had to take another set in April 2009 for the N400, less than a year. in fact, I was told that you had to have the FP valid on your interview date so like Ij/1999 suggested call them, they may have expired in the meantime!

Hi Tini27,

The fingerprint really drives people crazy... Some say it's valid for 1 year and some say 1.5 years. Our last fingerprint was taken March 2008 for I-751. We contacted them in Feb 2009 after we submitted N-400 in late Jan 2009. They mailed us replying our fingerprint is still valid, not necessary to re-take it.

But I did read someone who went to the interview with the fingerprint expired and was advised by the officer at the interview that they have to take their fingerprint again and come back for another interview. That person said he/she was advised by USCIS before the interview that they don't need to re-take the fingerprint because it was still valid. But when they went to the interview, the officer told them something else.

If the fingerprint is valid for 1 year so ours expired already. It's June now. I think we should give USCIS another call to find out if they can schedule us to take the fingerprint.

NYC is moving really slow. So i guess even the fingerprint is valid for 1.5 years, by the time we get our interview date, it will still pass 1.5 years...

Timeline

I just called NBC hotline.

You know what they told me? Each application must have new fingerprint taken. Previous fingerprint on I-751 is not acceptable on N-400. Everyone has to take a new one.

So I asked her why they mailed me last time telling me my fingerprint is still valid. That person asked me to read the letter I received but I told her I don't have it with me. She said you need to call back with the letter and read it to us. And then we can help you further.

This is getting more and more stories from different people...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.