toddandhien

HCM Visa Approved!

23 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Congratulations Todd and Hien, that is great news!! I just read this while talking with my wife on cam so we went over how your interview went including having her answer all the questions. That was great, thanks for the info. You were lucky to get it done so fast, I think we will get there early also. I know neither one of us will be able to sleep the night before!! May was a very good month for PINK!! Congratulations to all that have passed and good luck to those of us with upcoming interviews!!!!!!!

Thanks, all, for your kind wishes! We are very excited about starting our new life together in the US.

Good luck to all the June interviewees! I hope the May Pink Train keeps on rolling!

T & H

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Awesome! Congratulations! :thumbs:

CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2006-08-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-09-12

I-130 Approved : 2007-01-17

NVC Received : 2007-02-05

Consulate Received : 2007-06-09

Interview Date : 2007-08-16 Case sent back to USCIS

NOA case received by CSC: 2007-12-19

Receive NOIR: 2009-05-04

Sent Rebuttal: 2009-05-19

NOA rebuttal entered: 2009-06-05

Case sent back to NVC for processing: 2009-08-27

Consulate sends DS-230: 2009-11-23

Interview: 2010-02-05 result Green sheet for updated I864 and photos submit 2010-03-05

APPROVED visa pick up 2010-03-12

POE: 2010-04-20 =)

GC received: 2010-05-05

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 140 days.

Congratulations Todd!! It was sure great to get to meet you and Hien. Keep in touch ok? I look forward to hearing what she thinks of her new home :) I couldn't be happier for you two!

-USCIS-

COMPLETED - March 9th, 2010

-NVC-

CASE COMPLETE - April 2nd, 2010

-INTERVIEW-

APPROVED - May 18th, 2010

POE - Detroit, June 11th, 2010

GREEN CARD - July 21st, 2010

SS CARD - August 13th, 2010

-ROC-

I-751 Sent March 23rd, 2012

NOA1 March 26th, 2012

Biometrics Appt. April 27th, 2012

Bio done early - April 18th, 2012

ROC Approved - September 12, 2012

10 Year GC - September 17, 2012

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Sorry for the late post but we had internet access issues until now...

Hien's interview on May 27 went very smoothly and she got PINK!!! Wow, we are SOOOOO Happy!! A few details and then the list of questions:

We arrived at the consulate at about 5:45 AM. Her interview slip said 9:30 but everyone can go in when they open the doors. At 6:30, the doors on the far right opened and she was first in line on the immigrant visa side.

She was interviewed by an american guy with a male VN translator. She was approved and back out on the sidewalk at 9:30 where I was waiting. Interview lasted between 10 and 15 minutes. The CO was very cordial and she was treated well throughout the whole process when inside the consulate.

She was not asked if she spoke English. They just launched into the interview in VN and without realizing it she was answering in VN. Halfway through, she realized she was speaking VN and switched to answering in English because many answers were easier to give in English. All the questions kept coming in Vietnamese through the translator, even when she answered in English. That was kind of good because it prevented any misunderstandings on her part and she did not have to have questions repeated.

First thing they asked for was pictures before any questions. She gave them ALL of our pictures. We had Dinh Hon pictures separated from other pictures together (in chronological order). He looked at the Dinh Hon photos but the other 100 pictures together he just fanned through with his thumb and then handed them all back.

He did not ask for ANY evidence that she brought with her. However, I had placed a notarized copy of our timeline in the package of info submitted at the beginning with the I-134, birth certificates, etc. She saw him looking at the timeline while he was interviewing her. I had also placed in the original package a notarized statement of my current residence and my ex-wife's, along with copies of bills showing that we live at separate addresses.

She can pick up her visa on June 3 (1 week wait). We will leave VN together on June 7 after a big Bon Voyage party at her family home in Hau Loc on June 6. POE SFO on June 7. OK, now the questions:

Interview Questions

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

May 27, 2009

1. What is your fiance’s name?

2. When did you meet him?

3. How did you meet him?

4. Was he married before?

5. How many times was he married?

6. Do you know why they got a divorce?

7. When did they get divorced?

8. How many children does he have?

9. What are their names?

10. How old are they?

11. Where do they live?

12. How often does he see them?

13. Where does he work?

14. How long has he worked there?

15. What does he do for work?

16. Where does he live?

17. Can you describe the town he lives in?

18. What are his hobbies?

19. Why did he come to Vietnam so many times? (I came several times for work and many more times to see Hien)

20. Is he working in Vietnam now?

21. Where do his parents live?

22. What are their names?

23. Does he live with his parents?

24. Where have you traveled together?

25. Do you have any pictures together outside Vietnam?

26. Do you have any family in the US?

27. What do you do for work?

28. What did you do for work before?

29. Where do you live now?

I agree completely with ErikandChinh's comments in an earlier post. Confidence in the interview and prep before are certainly keys to success. I firmly believe that when in applicant comes in well-prepared, confident and in love, they can see it/feel it and it makes an impression.

Best of luck to all with upcoming interviews! THINK PINK!!!!

COULD YOU SHOW HOW TO DO THE TIMELINE? WE ARE NOT CLEAR. THANKS.

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.