bilson4real

USCIS NEEDS REORGANIZATION! (CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED TWICE WITHING A WEEK

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The whole of the USCIS needs complete deconstruction, because this organization lacks focus and is poorly run. To my dismay a second "Card production ordered" was just received today 05/28/2009, after an earlier or similar "card production ordered" was received on 05/20/2009. I am frustrated at the USCIS playing with my mind since 08/17/2008 that I filled this paper. The organization needs to perform better.

I guess I am alone on this.

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Bilson4real,

Does this mean that you get 2 cards since you got 2 card production ordered papers?..... :lol: (just kidding)

Seriously though, I totally agree with you that "the USCIS needs complete deconstruction/organization".

And no, you're not alone in this either, as the same thing happened to me too, with the USCIS playing with my mind since 08/18/2009 as well:

By the way, I got 3 "Card Production Notices"...(2 by e-mail, 1 by USPS mail....)

(It looks like I'm getting 3 cards!..1 for me, 1 for baby, 1 for my husband...just kidding...).

Lol...if this is some USCIS joke....frankly, I don't find it funny at all.... :angry:

Ant (Still waiting for Card 10 months, Still waiting for Baby...)

The whole of the USCIS needs complete deconstruction, because this organization lacks focus and is poorly run. To my dismay a second "Card production ordered" was just received today 05/28/2009, after an earlier or similar "card production ordered" was received on 05/20/2009. I am frustrated at the USCIS playing with my mind since 08/17/2008 that I filled this paper. The organization needs to perform better.

I guess I am alone on this.

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

As the song goes:

You are not alone,

We are here with you :)

There are at least 5 recent topics covering this issue with people complaining. Maybe moderators could connect those into one big card production topic?

Filed: Timeline

BILSON4REAL,

I had the same experience. I started a thread which you can search and read. But I am beginng to think that when one calls USCIS and complain of delay, they usually try to solve the problem by literally updating their online status to suit the person's request. I think such updates that come immediately after a phone call to USCIS really don't count or matter. I think that the system is set in such a way that it automatically generates this update by itself. So whatever USCIS staff try to manually put their will be erased by the one generated by the system.

well i just called the uscis again and they said that they sent me a hard copy card production notice in the mail on may 27th---the notice will say to wait another 30 days for actual card--thats what the representative said--its not going to be the actual card---just a notice in the mail that my card is being produced---lol------that really helps---some more waiting---

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Has anyone asked a CSR or IO at the USCIS hotline why the card production has suddenly ground to a halt? It will be 30 days since I was approved next week and I will be calling.

Jo-Anne

Hi All,

I wrote this in other thread on this forum, but will paste here again.

CSC did slow down. Here's my theory (which seems accurate) due to bad economic situation in CA and due to employee layoffs there I guess, but still they are still better than VSC.

CSC doesn't have that much work load like it did begining of this year with case transfers from VSC so only reason for the slow down can be less man power.

BTW the normal time for I-751 is 6 months, couple of months ago CSC did cases in 40-60 days and people thought that's how long their case will take at CSC, not true and that's what happened. CSC didn't keep up the high speed of faster processing like before.

So my 2 cents are due to bad economic situation in CA they don't have enough man power like they did couple of months ago.

That's why slow processing of cases and no card production for approved cases at CSC.

Hope it calms down my fellow approved and pending VJers :) who are waiting anxiously like me to get the approval and/or the card.

Good Luck to us all :thumbs:

They are federal employees, and paid by the federal government and not the state, so the economy in California should not affect the CSC.

Edited by jane2009

2001 Met

2005 Married

I-485/I-130

12/06/2006-------Mailed I-130/1-485

12/16/2006--------Recieved NOA 1 (I-130 & I-485)

12/18/2006--------Touched I-130/I-485

01/20/2007--------Biometrics

05/10/2007 -- Interview, Approved!

05/22/2007 GREEN CARD arrives!!!

02/2009 - File to lift conditions

I-765

12/14/2006--- Mailed EAD App.

01/20/2007--- Biometrics

02/09/2005-------Sent in request to Congressional office for assistance with expediting EAD.

02/13/2007 -------- EAD Approved!

02/26/2007 - ------EAD received

Removal of Conditions:

05/12/2009 -- Overnighted application by USPS express mail (VSC).

05/14/2009 -- Green Card expired.

05/23/2009 --- Check cleared bank.

05/26/2009 -- Received NOA (NOA date May 15, 2009, guess they aren't deporting me).

05/29/2009- Biometrics Notice date

06/01/2009- Received Biometrics Letter

06/18/2009 - Biometrics

09/23/2009 - date of decision to approve (letter received), just waiting for card. No online updates whatsoever.

Hi jane2009,

USCIS is a federal agency but has state offices/centers, so those state offices come under that state agency, so in case of california CSC comes under CA state agency and the employees are paid by the state and not the federal government.

Sorry that doesn't make any sense. USCIS is a federal agency, not a federal program such as medicare, which gives money to the states. USCIS funding comes from the federal govenment budget and most that money in the budget comes from applications. The state is not paying to process these applications sent to CSC from all over the country.

2001 Met

2005 Married

I-485/I-130

12/06/2006-------Mailed I-130/1-485

12/16/2006--------Recieved NOA 1 (I-130 & I-485)

12/18/2006--------Touched I-130/I-485

01/20/2007--------Biometrics

05/10/2007 -- Interview, Approved!

05/22/2007 GREEN CARD arrives!!!

02/2009 - File to lift conditions

I-765

12/14/2006--- Mailed EAD App.

01/20/2007--- Biometrics

02/09/2005-------Sent in request to Congressional office for assistance with expediting EAD.

02/13/2007 -------- EAD Approved!

02/26/2007 - ------EAD received

Removal of Conditions:

05/12/2009 -- Overnighted application by USPS express mail (VSC).

05/14/2009 -- Green Card expired.

05/23/2009 --- Check cleared bank.

05/26/2009 -- Received NOA (NOA date May 15, 2009, guess they aren't deporting me).

05/29/2009- Biometrics Notice date

06/01/2009- Received Biometrics Letter

06/18/2009 - Biometrics

09/23/2009 - date of decision to approve (letter received), just waiting for card. No online updates whatsoever.

Sorry that doesn't make any sense. USCIS is a federal agency, not a federal program such as medicare, which gives money to the states. USCIS funding comes from the federal govenment budget and most that money in the budget comes from applications. The state is not paying to process these applications sent to CSC from all over the country.

Hi jane2009,

Thanks for the reply. May be you are right and may be I am wrong. I will look into this.

Thanks

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Lol...in these bad economic times, it is easy to say "blame it on the economy"....

In my opinion though, the USCIS does not meet the criteria of being in a "bad economic situation"....

They get $545 for each I-751 application...Surely that is a profit and not a loss here?

Oh and doesn't the federal government have enough "bailout money" (what a joke!) to "help" such "rich federal corporations" too?

There are people in other job sectors that are in more serious situations, and some of which who have lost their jobs, who deserve more help than bureaucrats such as the USCIS.

Heck, I'm sure a lot of people would jump at the chance at being hired for making a plastic green card for $545!... :lol:

Sorry, I don't feel sorry for a big government agency such USCIS here....

I only feel sorry for us immigrants who are the real ones that are suffering through this "economic crisis", and are working hard to live the "American dream" (while at the same time struggling to pay outrageous USCIS fees, and worrying about delays and other more serious consequences because of such incompetency)

Just my 2 cents..(or make that my $545 in debt...) worth...

Ant (Still waiting for Card 10 months, Still waiting for Baby 9 months...)

Hi All,

CSC did slow down. Here's my theory (which seems accurate) due to bad economic situation in CA and due to employee layoffs there I guess, but still they are still better than VSC.

CSC doesn't have that much work load like it did begining of this year with case transfers from VSC so only reason for the slow down can be less man power.

BTW the normal time for I-751 is 6 months, couple of months ago CSC did cases in 40-60 days and people thought that's how long their case will take at CSC, not true and that's what happened. CSC didn't keep up the high speed of faster processing like before.

So my 2 cents are due to bad economic situation in CA they don't have enough man power like they did couple of months ago.

That's why slow processing of cases and no card production for approved cases at CSC.

Hope it calms down my fellow approved and pending VJers :) who are waiting anxiously like me to get the approval and/or the card.

Edited by AntandD

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
Hi Everyone,

Lol...in these bad economic times, it is easy to say "blame it on the economy"....

In my opinion though, the USCIS does not meet the criteria of being in a "bad economic situation"....

They get $545 for each I-751 application...Surely that is a profit and not a loss here?

Oh and doesn't the federal government have enough "bailout money" (what a joke!) to "help" such "rich federal corporations" too?

There are people in other job sectors that are in more serious situations, and some of which who have lost their jobs, who deserve more help than bureaucrats such as the USCIS.

Heck, I'm sure a lot of people would jump at the chance at being hired for making a plastic green card for $545!... :lol:

Sorry, I don't feel sorry for a big government agency such USCIS here....

I only feel sorry for us immigrants who are the real ones that are suffering through this "economic crisis", and are working hard to live the "American dream" (while at the same time struggling to pay outrageous USCIS fees, and worrying about delays and other more serious consequences because of such incompetency)

Just my 2 cents..(or make that my $545 in debt...) worth...

Ant (Still waiting for Card 10 months, Still waiting for Baby 9 months...)

Hi All,

Sure they need better organization but hey just be glad u are getting a card...

November 5, 2008: NOA2 - APPROVEDDDDDD!!!

Interview: 2009-3-23 APPROVED!!!

Recieve Visa: April 1, 2009

POE: April 3, 2009

Wedding in Niagara Falls: April 15, 2009

AOS/EAD/AD

Sent priority mail: May 27, 2009

IS IT OVER YET?!?![/color]

"You can survive the unimaginable"

glitterfy-flpbk11203916556034.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.