NicEgypt

Small Question !!!!!

30 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello Everybody .....

i have a small question ... i'm here in US almost 4 month's now and i can't find one single job i'm so frustrated i don't leave any store or mall or company without i apply but NO result .. i live in Augusta , GA so if anyone here from Augusta can tell me what i can do with this problem ... :(

Thank You

Yasser

From

happiness rules

1 :- Don’t hate anyone even though he offends you

2 :- Don’t ever worry and increase invocation to god

3 :- Live simply however your rank getting high

4 :- Expect that it will be better however the tribulations were increased and expect good thinking of good

5 :- Give more even if you were abstained

6 :- Smile even if you heart is crying bloods

Morning

of heart’s happiness!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

196029953.jpg

CLICK ON PIC TO DOWNLOAD HOLY QURAN ( MANY LANGUAGES ) ...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

670873386.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yasser, my husband had the same problem. He has applied to hundreds of jobs and finally has found two that he is working part time in each. The economy isn't good right now and I know that really doesn't justify anything. I will tell you to network a lot. Meet people in the mosque and have your wife network. My husband actually got his second job from a friend of a friend in the mosque. Also, don't just apply call every few days and check up on your application. I will pray that you will find something soon.

Filed: Other Timeline

Yasser I am sorry it has been difficult for you to find work...

My husband has been here since beginning of March and has been working for almost 2mts..

I took my 2 week vacation and in this time we found a few places that sell arabic food and through one of those contacts he was referred to the arabic resteraunt he now works at.. It was not easy even with this little push but my husband was persistent... It's not ideal mind you but it keeps him busy and meeting different people while at the same time doesn't completely shock him while learning english.(a little bit of both worlds)

I hope this helps in some small way. Hoping things look up for you soon. Stay strong

Met husband July 2005

Married August 2006

Interview for CR-1 Scheduled for December 2007

Administrative Process

Husband was instructed to send passport, new medical, police certificate 02-08-09

VISA IN HAND Feb. 19, 2009 * AP lasted 1 year and 51 days*

Filed: Timeline
Hello Everybody .....

i have a small question ... i'm here in US almost 4 month's now and i can't find one single job i'm so frustrated i don't leave any store or mall or company without i apply but NO result .. i live in Augusta , GA so if anyone here from Augusta can tell me what i can do with this problem ... :(

Thank You

Yasser

Hi Yasser,

Sorry to hear about your trouble! (F) Have you tried to contact a local masjid, middle eastern store, etc? Also, what about temporary agencies such as:

Man Power www.us.manpower.com (706) 722-1511

www.peakemploymentsolutions.com - (706) 228-7325

Augusta Staffing Associates - www.jobshopstaffing.com (706) 860-4820

Labor Finders - www.laborfinders.com - (706) 724-7777

Labor Ready Inc - www.laborready.com - (706) 724-9585

Career Personnel - www.careerpersonnel.com - (706) 722-1265

You should put a brief resume(CV) together, even w/ experience in Egypt if you have any. If you need assistance...send me a PM!

Best of luck bro!!!(F)

Timeline

Thank You Nawal so much i applyed for many many many job's and i hope ... thanks again

From

happiness rules

1 :- Don’t hate anyone even though he offends you

2 :- Don’t ever worry and increase invocation to god

3 :- Live simply however your rank getting high

4 :- Expect that it will be better however the tribulations were increased and expect good thinking of good

5 :- Give more even if you were abstained

6 :- Smile even if you heart is crying bloods

Morning

of heart’s happiness!!

196029953.jpg

CLICK ON PIC TO DOWNLOAD HOLY QURAN ( MANY LANGUAGES ) ...

670873386.jpg

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Join the club... H finally got a job about 2 months after getting his EAD card... But it's part-time and the hours dwindle each week or so... We've applied for 100's of jobs and everyone is nice, but they never chose him....

He's totally depressed over it, and I have no idea how to help him... so I'm depressed too.. His other friends have had the same problem and they are much younger than he is... so I guess it's not his age..(which I thought would be the MAIN problem...)

What is your educational back ground and what work did you do in Egypt? My husband's degree in Philosophy isn't worth a dime here... and running a family business (even if it was a very lucrative one) doesn't count for anything here either...

Have you thought of going back to school?

Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

im a USC and my husband is canadian and nothing for us. at least i get call backs, but husband gets nothing and has a better resume than mine (i also haven't worked in a while so that's my problem). we finally have expanded our search to anywhere basically and see what happens. so i guess i'm saying, its not you, its the the economy. tons of competition out there. try temp agencies, but husband went to one, they saw his resume and are now "holding out" for a better job (basically because the lady gets commission for landing him this job) when he just wanted to work some random job. gl in your search. it is rough right now.

Timeline

i dont know what ur work history is but for the time being eye masters and binyons make those hour glasses for people and they have a pretty high turn over in employees.

most will train u for working with the people for glasses or in the lab making the lenses......its prolly something that u would want only temporary, but here in oregon they pay pretty well.

its not blue color job thats gonna earn u a lot of money but might be better than part time work for two places.

sara

Timeline
i dont know what ur work history is but for the time being eye masters and binyons make those hour glasses for people and they have a pretty high turn over in employees.

most will train u for working with the people for glasses or in the lab making the lenses......its prolly something that u would want only temporary, but here in oregon they pay pretty well.

its not blue color job thats gonna earn u a lot of money but might be better than part time work for two places.

sara

[/ quote]

Where do they advertise????

Edited by KHPerfectMatch

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

you should expect that .it seems like USA is not doing good lately .

One of my friends who just came to visit Egypt ( he has been in USA for 10 years so far) told me USA is not doing good lately .it was so much better 4 or 5 years ago .he says i'm not saying that to you to put you down but i just want you to expect the worse . and don't say no i will not take that job .

he even asked his wife to stay in Egypt with his children cause its kinda hard for him to afforded it now .

As people said its even kinda hard for citizens .

I hope you will find something soon .

Mohamed

Edited by Hot Guy

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Are there any job fairs in your area? If so it's a good place to network. I'm not sure of your area, but it also depends on where you live. Are you looking for any particular area of employment? It's a tough economic situation here now, but never give up hope!! The economy will turn around. Good luck!

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Timeline

Where do they advertise????

i have a couple of friends that just walked into what they call binyons here in oregon its really eyemasters not really sure why they dont use that name here, but they just walked in and asked if they were hiring, they where told to go to salem instead of albany so they drove up there about twenty five miles got trained there maybe because is a bigger store i dont know but they were hired trained then transfered back down to albany.

sometimes sears also hires for the same thing in their optical department in most cases its a space that is leased out to another company.

sara

Timeline

He completed the application process at Sears... (on their computer) took their "morals" test and everything... he must have passed because they gave him an interview appointment on the spot...(from the computer)... That was on Saturday... his interview was for the next Thursday... Monday they phoned and cancelled the interview without a single word of explanation... Guess his MENA name must not have been "caught" by the computer... :rolleyes:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hello Everybody .....

Thank You

Yasser

Are there specific types of jobs you are applying for or are you willing to do just about anything? Have you thought about looking at a restaurant? My husband was a salesman in Egypt but with the thick accent he didn't get many callbacks from applications. Macys did call him back but the hours were such that he wouldn't have transportation home unless I left the kids in the house alone and picked him up at midnight which was not happening. Finally he started looking to restaurants and first was hired as a busboy but now is a waitor. The pay is good and while he does this he is also going to work as a nursing assistant. He took an 8 week course to become a cna and we're just waiting for him to be certified (headache of a process) then he will work as a cna during the day and then at the restaurant a few nights per week.

You really have to clear your mind of any plans you may have had and be open to do anything to start off. Like someone else said people who have lived here their whole lives are unemployed and can't find work but the difference is you have to be willing to do anything whether it be washing dishes, bussing tables, working graveyard shift at a warehouse.

Also, other than Macy's, my husband got no responses from online applications, which most companies now require. The best was face to face contact but even then it helps to know someone. Even for this restaurant job we had to have my dad call the owner to put in a good word since they golf together. Don't be shy about using contacts and good luck!

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.