adventure509

Sent in Application on May 5th

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I know it can take upwards of a month to receive the notification of NOA-1 from CSC. I sent it off on the 5th of May was signed for on the 6th of May in the am. Of course I see some here have received notification on NOA-1 in a weeks time. And I have also seen it can take a month before I should be worried. I checked and double checked every part of the application and am sure all is there. The only thing I of course now am thinking is using a PO box some kind of problem. I have the phsical address in all the write places but my mailing address is a PO box. Because there is just no postal dilivery to the address where I live. ANyone know if that is some kind of problem?

Time Line:

Met on-line: April 2006

First meeting: July 2006 Broacy great time. rained but so memorable

Second Meeting: March 2007 Met Family and friends 2 weeks time flue by

Third Meeting: October 2007 met friends and more family

Forth Meeting: October 2008 Engaged were it started Boracay 2 weeks in heaven

Petition sent in: May 5th postal over night with postal money order

Signed for at CSC: May 6th

Contacted USCS not received NOA1: June 12th. Got Receit number NOA! receipt sent to wrong address Corrected Stated NOA1 date said to be by contacted agent as 6 May

Touched: 31May for returned NOA1

Touched: 18 June asume to correct address

Touched: 07July Move from desk to desk. no change of status

NOA2: 12 Aug Sweet got e-mail notification of status changed to aproved!!

NOA2: 18 Aug Hard Copy arrived via snail mail yeepeee

NVC: 24 August received NVC stating fowarded to embasy petitioner will be contacted within week for instructions.

Embasy Letter: 4 September

Medical: 05/06 Ootober Passed..Yeepeee!

Interview 19 Octoober ...:::) Passed!!!!!!

Visa Dilivered: 22nd October Sweeeeeeet

POE: 29th Seattle then little flight to Spokane Yeeepeee my partner is home!!

Married: November 30th 2009 Journey complete!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I know it can take upwards of a month to receive the notification of NOA-1 from CSC. I sent it off on the 5th of May was signed for on the 6th of May in the am. Of course I see some here have received notification on NOA-1 in a weeks time. And I have also seen it can take a month before I should be worried. I checked and double checked every part of the application and am sure all is there. The only thing I of course now am thinking is using a PO box some kind of problem. I have the phsical address in all the write places but my mailing address is a PO box. Because there is just no postal dilivery to the address where I live. ANyone know if that is some kind of problem?

did they cash the check for the fee?

YMMV

Timeline

I used a money Order from the US post office. I figured that would be the fastest way Government money order to a branch of the government. and yes was made out to the Department of Homeland Security

Time Line:

Contacted USCS not received NOA1: June 12th. Got Receit number NOA! receipt sent to wrong address Corrected Stated NOA1 date said to be by contacted agent as 6 May

NVC: 24 August received NVC stating fowarded to embasy petitioner will be contacted within week for instructions.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I used a money Order from the US post office. I figured that would be the fastest way Government money order to a branch of the government. and yes was made out to the Department of Homeland Security

I think the reason you were asked if the check was cashed was because USCIS will give your petition a quick review to see if everything is in order. If there's an obvious problem, then they'll return the entire package without cashing the check. Unfortunately, I don't think there's any way for you to confirm whether a USPS money order has been cashed, or at least I can't find anything about this on the USPS website.

Most people here usually recommend sending a personal check, primarily because your USCIS receipt number is going to be stamped on the back of the check when it's cashed. The receipt number can be used to check the status of your submission on the USCIS website. Many banks will allow you to view a scanned image of a cashed check (both sides) within 24 hours of the check being cashed if you use their online banking services.

I don't know if the P.O. box mailing address you gave is going to be a problem, but I didn't see anything specific on either the form or the instructions saying that you couldn't use a P.O. box.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

unfortunately you figured wrong.... there is no demonstrable evidence to suggest what you thought is true.... The downfall is the inability to track the payment

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

My Hard copy NOA1 took two weeks to get. I used a cashiers check and i was worried too. I called and told them it was more than thirty days, they then transferred me to a another department. They asked for my name and told me that a NOA1 was mailed out and gave me my case number. If you want try that way. But as i said, took me two weeks to get my NOA1. Now still waiting for the infamous NOA2... then on to the home stretch.

Cheers

Timeline

Thanks to everyone for your replies. Am feeling pretty good about the process just of course excited to see it moving along. Of course need the case number to track. I will sit back and relax. I know still have a ways to go.

Time Line:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.