Liam and Kara

January filers who have NOT gotten NOA2

124 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
This is got to be the dumbest thing. We paid a good chunk of change to a government agency to perform a service, we're treated terribly when we call and we're given no avenue to check on the progress of our cases. Personal opinion but I'm game for causing some commotion legally. Has to be some way to put some pressure on these people so that they would perform the job they are being paid to do. We've got a system that evidently is put in place to post some progress and money being used to maintain a site and all of this is not be utilized. This is #######! :angry:

What are some avenues to take?

This just in........

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
they got the form on dec 29, and then revised it on jan 14th..... still no NOA2 or RFE's...... nothing.... judging from their page it has not been 'touched' since the change made on the 14th....

What is a RFE?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
they got the form on dec 29, and then revised it on jan 14th..... still no NOA2 or RFE's...... nothing.... judging from their page it has not been 'touched' since the change made on the 14th....

What is a RFE?

That's when they request additional information, i.e., increased delay and your mental state becomes Really Freakin Erratic (RFE). :whistle:

Edited by Ivan in VA

Remember, the Ark was built by amateurs, the Titanic by professionals

Timeline

Well, I was thinking of yelling really loud. If that doesn't work I figured we could all just hold our breath until we turn blue and if that fails to get some action I think we should just break out the crayons and go to town on their walls.

Seriously, we need a few hundred signatures and a petition to send off to some one.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Well, I was thinking of yelling really loud. If that doesn't work I figured we could all just hold our breath until we turn blue and if that fails to get some action I think we should just break out the crayons and go to town on their walls.

Seriously, we need a few hundred signatures and a petition to send off to some one.

I think chalk or spraypaint will do.

This just in........

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Yeah, we're still in limbo as well, and we'll hit the six months mark in two weeks. That mysterious RFE was removed, but still nothing... We are contacting our congresswoman again on Monday. Her caseworker seems to be able to get some real time information from them.

It is really depressing to see that all but a few January filers have been approved (some of those still listed as unapproved on Igor's List haven't been seen here for months, so they are probably approved as well). Good for them, but it is terrible to be left behind and not know why.

man what a waist of a week...hitting the 5 month mark in 2 days i guess its not that bad.. hope it comes soon for all of uss

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Yeah, we're still in limbo as well, and we'll hit the six months mark in two weeks. That mysterious RFE was removed, but still nothing... We are contacting our congresswoman again on Monday. Her caseworker seems to be able to get some real time information from them.

That's good your congresswoman has good staff. My congressman's immigration person won't even contact them for me, and it's been OVER 6 months. She says I'm within current processing time because their website says November 25. Explaining that it was Nov 25 AS OF APRIL 30 doesn't do anything.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
i called my congressman today and the advisor said that you are still within the 6 month time frame...that sucks...

Sucks for everyone espically now everyone around our NOA1 time has got something and yet we have nothing! Why pick on certain people. Our case certainly wasn't unusual in anyway, no pre-marriage's, pretty much together throughout the entire duration of our relationship, She has lived in a quite a few places over the last 10 years but I don't see that being an issue. The longer this is going on for the more nervous were getting about never getting the visa. :(

Congrats to everyone who has theres btw :thumbs:

What number did you call for VSC I can't ever get any information--just the same repeated message that shows online on their website--which I don't think is updated. Is there another number I can call to get more up to date information?

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I believe yours is coming Jim. They must be pushing things. The email I received was sent at a quarter to 8pm. I thought it was odd that I was notified by email rather than by mail or the USCIS site.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
I believe yours is coming Jim. They must be pushing things. The email I received was sent at a quarter to 8pm. I thought it was odd that I was notified by email rather than by mail or the USCIS site.

ivan we both have the same date it think the same adjucater worked on our patitions...i really hope every1 gets the approvals soon it seems like there going back to december and january filers.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ivan, Firdaus, was the site updated about when you received the email?

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.