NVC FAN :(

still no interview

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello ,

I cant imagine that im the only person in this specific situation. but just in case.

our k1 petition was sent from nvc to manila embassy on april 30 09. as of today may 24 09. when i call to set up a appointment for my fiancee. they tell me the case is not eligable. im not sure what this means, i thought once it left nvc, which took forever cause of ap. that we would be able to get interview date, i dont care if its months away , we just would like to have a date any date at this point. is there some additional background checks or adminstravie procesing done at embassy level as well?

this has been a long process, case got lost for 3 months, then to ar in nvc. now this. we have never gotten any rfe's though , as of yet anyway.

any advice, ive spent like 100 dollars already calling manila embassy. they just told me tonite to wait 2 more weeks. can you ask to speak to supervisior on this line?

thanks

hello ,

I cant imagine that im the only person in this specific situation. but just in case.

our k1 petition was sent from nvc to manila embassy on april 30 09. as of today may 24 09. when i call to set up a appointment for my fiancee. they tell me the case is not eligable. im not sure what this means, i thought once it left nvc, which took forever cause of ap. that we would be able to get interview date, i dont care if its months away , we just would like to have a date any date at this point. is there some additional background checks or adminstravie procesing done at embassy level as well?

this has been a long process, case got lost for 3 months, then to ar in nvc. now this. we have never gotten any rfe's though , as of yet anyway.

any advice, ive spent like 100 dollars already calling manila embassy. they just told me tonite to wait 2 more weeks. can you ask to speak to supervisior on this line?

thanks

Sorry to hear about this. i'm waiting for interveiw date as well, but my situation is so different from yours. I hope for the best for you, i hope it comes soon

hello ,

thanks

my fiance got a letter from NVC with case number last april 21... stating that that im going to receive a packet (appointment letter)... may 19, i decided to email consivmanila@state.gov and it goes like this "To whom it may concern,

My fiance, ( petitioner's) got already a letter from NVC (receipt no. ________) with case number MNL_____-... it's been a month that he got the letter... I, (benificiary's name), want to know how long it takes to receive the packet for my medical exam/visa interview...

hope i can get a quick response from your office...

Thank you so much and God bless Us"

in 5 sec... i got a reply stating blah blah blah, in other words their reply is still confusing...

the next day May20, i got an email from "Manila IV Correspondence Unit" <IVManilaReplies@state.gov>

stating:

This is in reply to your inquiry of May 19, 2009, regarding your visa case.

We received the U.S. immigration service-approved K1 visa petition (I-129F) from the State Department's National Visa Center (NVC) on April 23, 2009.

Embassy Manila has simplified scheduling procedures for K visa applicants. Qualified K1 visa applicants can now schedule their own visa interview appointment.

You should contact the Embassy's Visa Call Center at telephone 1-909-101-7878 to schedule a visa interview date. The Call Center number is for subscribers of PLDT and Smart telephone touchtone landlines with national and international distance dialing features (NDD or IDD access). Callers in the USA can contact the Call Center at 1-888-877-9888. The Call Center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (Manila time). There is a fee assessed to callers by the Call Center for its services.

K1 visa applicants should have their case numbers ready when they call to schedule an appointment.

Embassy Manila no longer sends information packets to K visa applicants. Our website at http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3238.html contains instructions for K1 applicants regarding the required procedures to follow prior to the interview date. The website also contains the visa information packet and forms which you may download, as needed.

If you would like to inquire further about the status of the visa case, you may contact the Embassy's Visa Call Center.

Future fiancé(e) and immigrant visa inquiries should be directed to this web link: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3230.html.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

Immigrant Visa Correspondence Unit

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy, Manila

1201 Roxas Boulevard

Manila, Philippines

Telephone: (632) 301-2000

Fax: (632) 301-2037

THIS E-MAIL IS UNCLASSIFIED AS DEFINED IN EXECUTIVE ORDER 12958

May 22 friday...around 2pm... i'm outside gathering docs n evidences... my sister in law text me that they receive a mail from US via DHL .... gosh i got surprised because the email that i received dated may 20.... states they no longer sends packet information...but still i got a mail from them... but nweiz thanks God, he is so good...

so today may 25 around 230pm i called the embassy visa call center... 1-909-101-7878 , then dialed my case number, then i pressed 3 for tagalog speaker... then it rang... a tagalong speaker talked to me... she got my case no. visa category - K1... my bday, address, email add then my cellphone no. she told me that my schedule is from

June 16-26... i can choose any day ... i chose june 18 thursday... then she gave my appointment time and it's 7 am.

after that she gave me my confirmation number the one also that im going to show for my medical/ interview together with my appointment letter (mail from US via DHL).... i asked her about my medical sched.. she told me it's walk in... bring the ff requierements w confirmation number... medical must be two weeks before the interview... so im planning to have my medical this week or by monday june 3...

hope i was able to give u some ideas... God bless US

hello ,

thanks

when i got home... i received an email from

philippines@us-visaservices.com stating all the details we talk over the phone

hello ,

thanks

Edited by Matt & Bing

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-02

I-129F Receipt Notice : 2008-12-05

RFE: 2009-02-26

Approval Notice: 2009-03-13

NVC Received: 2009-03-23

Left NVC: 2009-05-12

Stuck at NVC 50 days

Interview: 2009-06-23 Passed!

Visa picked up: 2009-06-25

POE Detroit: 2009-07-04

Married: 2009-09-11

Filed for AOS: 2009-09-22

Biometrics taken: 2009-10-29

Advance Parole approved 2009-11-04

Employment Authorization approved 2009-11-04

AOS Appointment 2009-12-15

AOS Approved 2009-12-15

Green Card Received 2010-01-02

Filed for ROC: 2011-09-17

ROC approved 2012-03-21

Green Card Received 2012-03-26

Timeline

thanks for the replies,

And yes i did recieve letter from nvc , stating mnl # and to call embassy for setting up date. when i call manila they say case is not complete , and not eligable. i have got the letters and nvc shows the petition was forward to manila . manila got the petition april 30. and now when i call in they will not allow me to schedule interview.

any other ideas.

hello ,

thanks

thanks for the replies,

And yes i did recieve letter from nvc , stating mnl # and to call embassy for setting up date. when i call manila they say case is not complete , and not eligable. i have got the letters and nvc shows the petition was forward to manila . manila got the petition april 30. and now when i call in they will not allow me to schedule interview.

any other ideas.

hello ,

thanks

just wait maybe it's still in the process... try to email consivmanila@state.gov

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
hello ,

thanks

Well just to let you know that u are not the only one in this situation.. our paper work left the NVC on 2/18.. going to Jamaica embassy... and we still haven't heard anything.. :( when will this be over???????????????????

as1cF3M0g410000MDAzMTBsfDAwMDEyNjdsfEhvbGRpbmcgbXkgaHViYnlcJ3MgaGFuZCBhZ2Fpbg.gif

event.png

Timeline

I thank you for the replies,

but as far as i know , the embassy has all the paperwork. has been cleared by uscis and nvc. were just waiting for embassy to contact us or let us schedule an interview date. on the embassy website, its says 2 days for processing. has been almost a month now. no letter, no email. when i call they say not eligable at this time to schedule. one other time they said case not complete. i have not read any other posts on this forum about this topic, so i guess its a rare occurance.

hello ,

thanks

Well just to let you know that u are not the only one in this situation.. our paper work left the NVC on 2/18.. going to Jamaica embassy... and we still haven't heard anything.. :( when will this be over???????????????????

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We had to wait quite a while for our interview date too. They always said that we weren't "qualified" for an interview date yet even though they had all the documents. After phone calls and emails didn't succeed, we had our senator send them an email asking what was taking so long as our set wedding date was coming up. We got an interview date two days later when they responded to the senator's email. So, while the issue with yours may not be that the embassy is just sitting on it, if you personally have not been able to get some info out of the embassy, try the senator route.

hello ,

thanks

hang on... i experienced this too... we got approved february 26 and consulate received my papers march 11... i got a mail from USEM April 25 coz i kept on calling USEM am not eligible too... so what i did was to wait... after u receive ur mail from USEM everything will move fast... :)

Good Luck :)

Edited by MarPhee

August 6, 2009 - AOS Sent together with EAD and AP
August 17, 2009 - Received NOAs of AOS, EAD and AP
Sept. 15, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment
Sept. 24, 2009 - Received E-mail approval notice for EAD and AP
October 2, 2009 - AP on hand
October 3, 2009 - EAD card on hand
November 12, 2009 - Interview Date / Approved
November 23, 2009 - Green Card Received

March 21, 2012 - Lifting Conditions

May 22, 2013 - Citizenship

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.