yellowbrickroad

New Citizen ....

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

In January I became a Citizen of US , had name changed. My question is if I travel to Mexico should they be informed that i'm a US citizen ? Also if i get stopped by the Mexican police and they see new name can i get into trouble cause they were not informed ???

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
In January I became a Citizen of US , had name changed. My question is if I travel to Mexico should they be informed that i'm a US citizen ? Also if i get stopped by the Mexican police and they see new name can i get into trouble cause they were not informed ???

i am not sure about Mexican laws, but most countries don't need notification if you travel by a US passport. Also, if you changed your name you should be fine unless you need to have stuff in Mexico changed also to reflect your name.

Mailed N-400 March 6th via priority certified mail and Rec'd 9th (confirmation by USPS)

NOA rec'd: 3/19/2009 (date 3/16/2009, priority 3/9/2009)

Biometrics rec'd 3/26/2009, appt 4/9/2009

IL: 5/22/09

ID: 07/06/2009

Oath: 07/16/2009

SSN updated: 7/16/2009 (not received yet)

Passport rec'd: 8/15/2009(nat. certif not rec'd yet)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

i am not sure about Mexican laws, but most countries don't need notification if you travel by a US passport. Also, if you changed your name you should be fine unless you need to have stuff in Mexico changed also to reflect your name.

dealing with official aithorities in mexico,must get your messikan id national card

hope that helped

Timeline

dealing with official aithorities in mexico,must get your messikan id national card

hope that helped

Thanks, ... I know when I have driven in the past , there are a lot of insepection station. I was confused , driving with new name then they have me down as another person...I know in the states it is against the law..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Only thing a natural born USC would have is a US passport and maybe a drivers' license. With my wife having a Venezuelan passport as well, to renew it, we had to register our marriage with Venezuela that also required an apostille from our secretary of state with our marriage license that cost a couple of extra dollars.

I can easily hop down to Venezuela with just my US passport, but my wife has to maintain her Venezuelan ID because she has a couple of bank accounts and owns property down there. If we could sell that property and get her money out, we could close those accounts, but is not legal under Venezuelan law. There is the black market, but today she would lose over 80% of it, but the way Chavez is going today, she may lose that and her property as well the greedy little sucker.

I use to travel to Mexico like going next door, the same was true with Canada, but we have new rules today, believe if you have a financial interest in Mexico, may be means to keep your Mexican ID active. Though I don't understand that either as I know USC that own property in Mexico.

I try to keep these thoughts out of head as they result in a huge headache like when I tried to add my wife to my bank accounts, without a green card, and the APA, banks wouldn't let her, but yet the USA encourages foreign investors, Japan and China own most of us today as well as other countries. Was strictly against our laws for any foreign country to own our communications industry before Regan, today they own a good share of it. When I pick up the phone to call a well known American company that has been around for zillions of years, can't even find a person that speaks English. But yet they made a big deal of trying to open a thousand buck joint checking account when I first married my wife.

This country is absolutely crazy and is run by nuts. And does Sony also own our FBI? And if our young have to go to war, are they defending America, or the interest of foreign countries? I am so screwed up on this issue, not even the best can straighten me out.

Timeline
Only thing a natural born USC would have is a US passport and maybe a drivers' license. With my wife having a Venezuelan passport as well, to renew it, we had to register our marriage with Venezuela that also required an apostille from our secretary of state with our marriage license that cost a couple of extra dollars.

I can easily hop down to Venezuela with just my US passport, but my wife has to maintain her Venezuelan ID because she has a couple of bank accounts and owns property down there. If we could sell that property and get her money out, we could close those accounts, but is not legal under Venezuelan law. There is the black market, but today she would lose over 80% of it, but the way Chavez is going today, she may lose that and her property as well the greedy little sucker.

I use to travel to Mexico like going next door, the same was true with Canada, but we have new rules today, believe if you have a financial interest in Mexico, may be means to keep your Mexican ID active. Though I don't understand that either as I know USC that own property in Mexico.

I try to keep these thoughts out of head as they result in a huge headache like when I tried to add my wife to my bank accounts, without a green card, and the APA, banks wouldn't let her, but yet the USA encourages foreign investors, Japan and China own most of us today as well as other countries. Was strictly against our laws for any foreign country to own our communications industry before Regan, today they own a good share of it. When I pick up the phone to call a well known American company that has been around for zillions of years, can't even find a person that speaks English. But yet they made a big deal of trying to open a thousand buck joint checking account when I first married my wife.

This country is absolutely crazy and is run by nuts. And does Sony also own our FBI? And if our young have to go to war, are they defending America, or the interest of foreign countries? I am so screwed up on this issue, not even the best can straighten me out.

Is it against US law to have two passports ? I have an old expired Mexican passport. A newly issued US passport. Now the old expired one has the old name , The new passport has new name . I changed my first name and middle name. I know i must sound like the village idot :wacko: The other day i was sitting at home looking at these two passport books and it seemed to me that someone in Mexico might look at this suspicious....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I briefly gave our reasons for my wife to maintain her Venezuelan passport, she also now has a US passport, and it's not illegal. For some wanting to visit their family, besides having a US passport, may also require to have a visa to visit their families. Do not think that is the case with Mexico, as until recently, didn't even need any passport to visit that country.

With over 200 countries, it does become a complex issue as every different country has it's own rules, can visit http://travel.state.gov/travel/travel_1744.html and read about the different countries including Mexico.

If you have needs to keep your Mexican passport, can visit your nearest consulate, bring in the papers to show your name change and get a new one with that name in it.

Timeline
I briefly gave our reasons for my wife to maintain her Venezuelan passport, she also now has a US passport, and it's not illegal. For some wanting to visit their family, besides having a US passport, may also require to have a visa to visit their families. Do not think that is the case with Mexico, as until recently, didn't even need any passport to visit that country.

With over 200 countries, it does become a complex issue as every different country has it's own rules, can visit http://travel.state.gov/travel/travel_1744.html and read about the different countries including Mexico.

If you have needs to keep your Mexican passport, can visit your nearest consulate, bring in the papers to show your name change and get a new one with that name in it.

Thank you, I went to the link the you posted it answered my concerns.....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.