Aloha

Italian Police Record... Need help

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: France
Timeline

Hello everyone!

I am trying to prepare all the documents needed for the interview and I'm having a hard time figuring out the police records I need... If anyone could help I'll be veeeeery grateful.

They say : Police certificate of the country of citizenship, current country of residence and all countris where the applicant has resided for at least one year.

My problem is with the "country of citizenship" part. I was born in Brazil (i am then brazilian), from an italian mother (I am therefore Italian also) and was naturalized french a few years ago because I intended to live my life in France (Of course, nothing happens as we plan and I had to fall in love with an american :) )

The Italian police record is giving me problems because I've never lived in Italy and I don't even know where to file the request (They say you have to file it to the comune of your residence in Italy and ask for the address in Italy... :( )

As I've never lived in Italy, do I really need to provide them with my italian police record?

Thank you very much for any kind of help!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello everyone!

I am trying to prepare all the documents needed for the interview and I'm having a hard time figuring out the police records I need... If anyone could help I'll be veeeeery grateful.

They say : Police certificate of the country of citizenship, current country of residence and all countris where the applicant has resided for at least one year.

My problem is with the "country of citizenship" part. I was born in Brazil (i am then brazilian), from an italian mother (I am therefore Italian also) and was naturalized french a few years ago because I intended to live my life in France (Of course, nothing happens as we plan and I had to fall in love with an american :) )

The Italian police record is giving me problems because I've never lived in Italy and I don't even know where to file the request (They say you have to file it to the comune of your residence in Italy and ask for the address in Italy... :( )

As I've never lived in Italy, do I really need to provide them with my italian police record?

Thank you very much for any kind of help!!

I would say no... do you hold an Italian passport?

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

They require a police certificate for every place you have LIVED so I would say NO

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Timeline

Thank you very much for all your answers! I will try without it and cross my fingers :) wish things were less complicated sometimes, but I guess we wouldn't appreciate the fruit of the work this much!

Thanks again and if anyone has experience with the embassy in Paris and would care to share, don't hesitate!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Thank you very much for all your answers! I will try without it and cross my fingers :) wish things were less complicated sometimes, but I guess we wouldn't appreciate the fruit of the work this much!

Thanks again and if anyone has experience with the embassy in Paris and would care to share, don't hesitate!!

Hello,

I am not sure about what I am about to say but I think it's right...I thought that International Laws forbid people to having more than two citizenships. In this case, which one do you hold? Are you sure you carried forward your Brazilian one? I know for fact that some countries in South America do not allow dual citizenship (bolivia for example). You should get that situated though as I can see that being an issue in the future.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hello,

I am not sure about what I am about to say but I think it's right...I thought that International Laws forbid people to having more than two citizenships. In this case, which ones do you hold? Are you sure you carried forward your Brazilian one (dual citizenship was apparently lost for those claiming a different citizenship before 1994...when did you claim you Italian citizenship?)? You don't lose it forever though,it's "on hold" and you can ask for reinstatement :)

I would ask for my Italian police record to be safe, it seems to be pretty straightforward, and if it;s like in france you'll get it within a week for free :)

here is more info : http://www.crb.gov.uk/Default.aspx?page=2534

Hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hey Kinito!

Thank you for your answer!

Yes you are right! I know that I lost the Italian citizenship since I became French... but as the visa i used to study in the US was issued on my italian passport, and as I don't really understand the reason why they ask for the police record from places that you have never lived in I wonder If they will ask for the police certificate... and as you said it's not a loss it's an "on hold" because if i go live in italy for a year i can get it back and lose the french....

For the brazilian citizenship as you said.. I'm fine since 1994 :D but apparently is not easy to get the police certificate from there neither... i wish i was less complicated...

Thank you agian for your help!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.