Biscuit

Tragic Story of Thomas Hunt and Filipina Wife

117 posts in this topic

:crying::crying::crying: Hay, kawawa naman yung guy. Nakakatulog kaya ng mahimbing si Ms Hazelyn or whatever her name is. She is really a con artist. What a shame.

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why her husband died? because he is too old and its time, or he died because of the desease?

We only heard one side of the story...perhaps the Filipina husband while spending his time in Philippines has a mistress (while he was not sick at that time) and the Filipina wife was mad at him and desided to have a Filipino man herself and flew to the US.....however I , agree that the wife was very heartless did not take care her husband while he was so sick at that time.

Try reading the whole story and it will open your eyes. http://goldstardailynews.com/content.php?id=3347 With the pastor's testimony I can tell how much he loves his wife but of course that's based in my opinion. I cannot assume he has has mistress in the Philippines because he lives with his wife family. Check out all the links related to CDO newspaper to get more information.

"Hunt sacrificed his finances for Janelaze

By HERBIE GOMEZ - Editor in chief Updated May 14, 2009 12:00 AM

THE administrator of a pastor’s office in Thomas J. Hunt’s church in Arizona said the American was so in love with his young Cagayanon wife that he sacrificed his finances for her and her family in Cagayan de Oro.

‘‘It was a sad situation with Tom (Hunt) and his finances,’’ said Pam Doerr, the pastor’s office administrator at Valley Baptist Church in Yuma, Arizona.

Hunt, 72, died at the Polymedic General Hospital here last April 26. He had been confined there since Jan. 29. His Cagayanon wife Janelaze who promised to move with him here from the US never came––not even during Monday’s funeral at the Cagayan de Oro Gardens.

Many have questioned how Janelaze spent Mr. Hunt’s money. The American septuagenarian, who entrusted his bank account to his wife, had a monthly pension of US$1 thousand.

Mrs. Hunt’s mother Linda however told a reporter earlier that the American’s pension was not even enough for his medical needs.

But even before Hunt was hospitalized here, he already had financial difficulties––allegedly because of Janelaze.

Doerr said in an e-mail: ‘‘Even before he and Janelaze got married he was sending money over to the Philippines for every little thing. Her family needed money for medical bills, then needed a new appliance, whatever they needed, he would send money over there to them.’’

Doerr said when Hunt brought Janelaze to Arizona where they subsequently married, the American continued to send money over to his wife’s family here.

Hunt wanted a wife who would be with him but instead ‘‘she would go off to different places supposedly to work and help him financially, but that never happened.’’

Doerr said Hunt got deeper and deeper in debt and took out a couple of second mortgages on his home, didn’t read the fine print and was stuck with huge payments that he couldn’t afford.

She said Hunt was drawing social security and working but couldn’t make both ends meet.

For some time, Doerr said, Janelaze worked for minimum wage at different places but ‘‘she didn’t like it.’’

Doerr said Janelaze would be gone for weeks at a time. There was a time, she recalled, when Janelaze was gone for several weeks and Mr. Hunt didn’t have the money to bring her back to Yuma.

‘‘The church paid for her way back to Yuma with the stipulation that she would stay here. That lasted just a couple of weeks and gone again. Always, to work somewhere else and send money back to help Tom,’’ said Doerr.

She said Hunt borrowed so much money from so many people that ‘‘he really did burn his bridges.’’

Doerr said Hunt was repeatedly advised by people to stop sending money to Janelaze’s family in Cagayan de Oro because it reached a point when he could no longer pay for his medication.

Before Hunt left for Cagayan de Oro, the couple paid a druggist for some medicine. The check given to the druggist bounced, according to Doerr.

Doerr said, ‘‘He lost his house, moved into an apartment and was almost evicted from there. His cousin bailed him out of that (one of numerous times). Tom was a very lonely man and just wanted someone to love him. He thought that person was Janelaze.

‘‘Everyone could see what was going on except for him. He would get very angry if you said anything to him about Janelaze.

‘‘We were all praying that maybe things would work out for him in the Philippines. He was very excited about going. And when I heard that Janelaze didn’t go with him, I knew she wasn’t ever planning to go.’’

Doerr said Hunt used to be so good in handling money until he met Janelaze. "

http://goldstardailynews.com/content.php?id=3347

Is there any chance to get my daughter even i denied her in USCIS..Im still greencard holder?

Hello Mr. Garfunkil,i came her in US for fiancee visa last 2005 of Dec.10th..Right now i already pass my removal of status to become a greencard.My big problems is i denied in immigration that i have daughter so right now my husband know already everything about my past which he accept me with all his heart ,so right now ?Our problems is do we have a chance to petition my daughter to come here in US shes still 4 years old right is immigration wont bother this case?Can u help me for this case or can u give me a advice what we gonna supposed to do,while right now im still waiting for my greencard coz i just file last Feb.19,2008 this year?please can u give me advaice what can we do for this situation hoping for ur good help & what can we do for this status which i denied my daughter..Is there any chance that she can still come her with us? Janelaze R. Hunt from Yuma ,Arizona

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...12004933AAMHweW

Is that some sort of Fraud? Well she's good she succeeded.... We are not hear to judge her but this is a wake up call to everyone.

UPDATE: http://goldstardailynews.com/content.php?id=3390

Hunt widow could lose green card, get booted out from US

By JIGGER JERUSALEM - Correspondent Updated May 16-17, 2009 12:00 AM

JANELAZE Hunt could end up losing her green card if proven that she lied to US authorities about her having a daughter when she applied for a visa and subsequently, a permanant resident status.

Bureau of Immigration director for northern Mindanao Florentino Diputado said the US government ‘‘is very strict when it comes to immigration laws.’’

He said lying to US immigration authorities about not having a child could mean serious consequences on one’s status as a green card holder.

‘‘If it can be proven that Janelaze violated their law, then there’s a chance she would be deported,’’ Diputado said.

A message posted by Mrs. Hunt on a ‘‘Yahoo Answers’’ page a year ago suggests that she denied that she had a daughter and lied to her husband, the late Thomas J. Hunt, about it apparently just to be able to go and stay in the US.

Diputado said he believed that the Hunt affair was an ‘‘isolated case.’’

‘‘Filipino women are generally very caring and loving to their husbands, be they foreigner or not,’’ said Diputado. ‘‘Filipino women are good wives.”

Diputado said there were also times when Filipino wives complained to the bureau about alleged abuses. He said there were actual cases Filipino wives who went to the immigration bureau here to complain because they were handled roughly by their expat-husbands.

The ‘‘usual reason,’’ according to Diputado, for the alleged abuses: jealousy.

He said he advised the complaining wives to press charges.

‘‘But things got patched up right away... Complaining wives normally do not come back to the office,’’ said Diputado.

But generally, expatriates here have good relationships with their Filipino wives, he said.

Edited by Supladita

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I read about this story of Mr Hunt a month ago in some blogs i found online. I even saw his pics and video when he is still in the hospital in CDO. Its sad to know that he died. But at least now he's not in pain and at peace. The Filipino wife should be shameful in what she did. She took all his money here in the US and dont even bother to send money for her husband in the Phils..didnt even go there and take care of him. Shame on you, whatever your name is!

March '05 - met George online thru common friend

March '06 - He went to visit me in the PI first time

May '06 - He came back for the family reunion and proposed for marriage

Nov. '06 - came back to prepare for our wedding

Dec 16, '06 - Wedding Day!

took at least 6 or 7 months (as i remember) for the K3 and was approved!

Nov '07 - I arrived in the US

together again with my gwapo, lol

April 9 - mailed in AOS package

April 13 - NOA for EAD and AOS

April 22 - Biometrics Appointment and will be on May 7 in Jamaica

May 7 - Biometrics done!

May 14 - Got an RFE dated may 9 - joint sponsor :-(

June 5 - they received our reply to the RFE

June 10 - EAD card production ordered, YAYYYYY Thank u, God!

June 21 - EAD card received in mail.

...and the waiting continues for the interview date...... will update later

so i got my interview date, and guess when??

Sept 10 - yaayyyy and its my hubby's Birthday! Approval would be a GREAT bday gift.

Sept 10 - got APPROVED! Indeed its a GREAT Birthday gift! " Card production Ordered" Yayyy

Sept 18 - Welcome Letter received!

Sept 19 - Green Card in hand!

Filed: Other Timeline

Well...........I hope His soul may rest in peace...... its better for him to die than alive and continually experiencing painful with her unfaithful wife.

"True Love is never associated with violence,deception,abuse ( emotional,physical or verbal) constant sacrifice for the good of only one person,jealousy,fear or mistrust"

------------------------------------------

National Domestic Violence Hotline

Help is available to callers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Hotline advocates are available for victims and anyone calling on their behalf to provide crisis intervention, safety planning, information and referrals to agencies in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Assistance is available in English and Spanish with access to more than 170 languages through interpreter services. If you or someone you know is frightened about something in your relationship, please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or TTY 1-800-787-3224.

UPDATE: http://goldstardailynews.com/content.php?id=3390

Hunt widow could lose green card, get booted out from US

By JIGGER JERUSALEM - Correspondent Updated May 16-17, 2009 12:00 AM

JANELAZE Hunt could end up losing her green card if proven that she lied to US authorities about her having a daughter when she applied for a visa and subsequently, a permanant resident status.

Bureau of Immigration director for northern Mindanao Florentino Diputado said the US government ‘‘is very strict when it comes to immigration laws.’’

He said lying to US immigration authorities about not having a child could mean serious consequences on one’s status as a green card holder.

‘‘If it can be proven that Janelaze violated their law, then there’s a chance she would be deported,’’ Diputado said.

A message posted by Mrs. Hunt on a ‘‘Yahoo Answers’’ page a year ago suggests that she denied that she had a daughter and lied to her husband, the late Thomas J. Hunt, about it apparently just to be able to go and stay in the US.

Diputado said he believed that the Hunt affair was an ‘‘isolated case.’’

‘‘Filipino women are generally very caring and loving to their husbands, be they foreigner or not,’’ said Diputado. ‘‘Filipino women are good wives.”

Diputado said there were also times when Filipino wives complained to the bureau about alleged abuses. He said there were actual cases Filipino wives who went to the immigration bureau here to complain because they were handled roughly by their expat-husbands.

The ‘‘usual reason,’’ according to Diputado, for the alleged abuses: jealousy.

He said he advised the complaining wives to press charges.

‘‘But things got patched up right away... Complaining wives normally do not come back to the office,’’ said Diputado.

But generally, expatriates here have good relationships with their Filipino wives, he said.

Perhaps the complainants are sick and tired waiting the issue to be resolve but never happened; and the complinants decided to stopped coming back to the bureau... we all know that the LAW in PI SUCKS! there are many crimes that have not resolve yet and just forgotten. :protest::protest::ranting:

"True Love is never associated with violence,deception,abuse ( emotional,physical or verbal) constant sacrifice for the good of only one person,jealousy,fear or mistrust"

Help is available to callers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Hotline advocates are available for victims and anyone calling on their behalf to provide crisis intervention, safety planning, information and referrals to agencies in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Assistance is available in English and Spanish with access to more than 170 languages through interpreter services. If you or someone you know is frightened about something in your relationship, please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or TTY 1-800-787-3224.

Well...........I hope His soul may rest in peace...... its better for him to die than alive and continually experiencing painful with her unfaithful wife.

Check this out http://www.francescainfrance.com/2006/09/f...-frenchman.html

I'm not surprised! :secret:

I am pretty sure he has some relatives or family back here in the US he ask help. I hope he will do that very soon before its' too late for him. I hope Karma await that lady.

He's already dead and buried by her family. When you check on the link the updates are on the dates above the website. It's very sad indeed but hopefully it will serve as lesson to many people.

May his soul be in heaven....pity for mr. hunt... unfortunate of him that he found a heartless and no concience filipina woman... :angry:

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Check this out http://www.francescainfrance.com/2006/09/f...-frenchman.html

I'm not surprised! :secret:

I feel sorry for the kid.....bad pinay I hope she will find a jerk man who will punching her face :angry::angry::angry::ranting:

Former Yuman stranded in Philippines

Comments 57 | Recommend 39

April 11, 2009 - 9:33 PM

BY STEPHANIE A. WILKEN, SUN STAFF WRITER

A former Yuma man has fallen ill in the Philippines and is unable to return to the United States, said family members.

Thomas Hunt, who moved to the city of Cagayan de Oro in the Philippines last year, has a brain tumor and is suffering from complications due to diabetes, said his former stepson Ted Hammon of Phoenix.

Hunt is currently unconscious, Hammon said, and is in intensive care at a hospital in Cagayan de Oro.

Hammon said Hunt lived in Yuma for many years and the pair kept in contact after Hammon's mother passed away in 1987.

He said his contact with Hunt stopped when Hunt moved to the Philippines last year with plans of retiring with his new wife, Janelaze Hunt, who is originally from there.

But Janelaze Hunt never made the move with her husband. She said she did not move to the Philippines with her husband because they could not afford two round trip tickets.

When The Sun asked for further explanation, she said that her reasons for not moving with him were between her and her husband.

Janelaze Hunt, who currently lives in Reston, Va., said she wants to bring her husband home to the United States for medical care, but a medical flight can cost tens of thousands of dollars.

"The only reason I can't bring him back is especially the financial problem," Janelaze Hunt said from her home in Reston. "I just want them to bring him home back here in America."

Janelaze Hunt said she is still married to Thomas Hunt and asked that the State Department help her in bringing him home.

But a friend of Janelaze Hunt's, Albert Dermott, who also lives in Virginia, said the State Department cannot assist them because Thomas Hunt is not in a "destitute" condition.

The Sun's inquiries to the State Department about Thomas Hunt were not answered at press time.

Janelaze Hunt said Thomas Hunt currently owes the Philippine hospital money in addition to the added expense of flying him home.

Dermott said Hunt needs to come back to the U.S. to get better medical care, but right now "financially, it's not feasible."

Janelaze Hunt said she's currently contacting people to ask for money and working at a department store in Virginia to send $100 a week to Thomas Hunt in the Philippines.

In addition, she said, Thomas Hunt receives a Social Security check for just over $1,000 that is directly deposited into their joint account. Because of his failing health, she said, Thomas Hunt granted her family members in the Philippines access to the account to help pay for his medical expenses.

Hammon said Thomas Hunt does not have the money to pay for his medical ex

penses. "He's a basic working stiff like the rest of us, he didn't have a lot of money to retire on."

To help with the medical costs, currently at several thousand dollars, a group of wives of expatriates living in Cagayan de Oro has set up an account to accept donations.

The account with Wells Fargo is in a private individual's name, and Janelaze Hunt and Dermott said they both are wary of the strangers' willingness to help.

"Something just doesn't seem right when a stranger does that out of the blue," Dermott said.

But Elmer Zink, who lives in Maryland and heard about Thomas Hunt's condition through social networking Web sites for expats, said he personally can't help Thomas Hunt but wants to help in any way he can through the Internet.

Pastor Glenn Connell of Valley Baptist Church in Yuma said he's known Thomas Hunt for about 8-1/2 years. He said Thomas Hunt was an active member of the church when he lived in Yuma and brought wife Janelaze several times.

He said Thomas Hunt conferred with him on his decision to move to the Philippines.

"I did have a very strong opinion," Connell said, though he declined to say what his opinion was.

Hammon said he was also originally skeptical about his former stepfather making the move, but "he's a grown man."

"To me, if he was following his heart and he was going to be happy, then more power to him," Hammon said.

--

Stephanie A. Wilken can be reached at swilken@yumasun.com or 539-6857.

I guess I missed How old the wife is?

Lesson to learn...men should not marry a young woman...don't buy the words "age doesn't matter" or " its happened we love each other".....it is purely scam

I guees this old man want to marry a young woman who is like his granddaughter because he wanted to feel a young man again and to feel good himself,or he wanted someone who will take care of him but unfurtunitely does not what happened.

Edited by lotus101

We are responsible of our choices. However, this Filipina is a skank. He is sending money to her family although he needs it but she never appreciate. Instead, she cheats. She deserves nasty comment.Furthermore, the USCIS, should removed her in USA land. I know that I don't have right to say this but I feel like she did scammed this poor guy.

Edited by sj5

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.