brokensmile

anyone fom canada

39 posts in this topic

hi to all canadian just wanna ask what is a good place in canada to visit or a tourist sites? just planning to go there maybe this summer but dont know which place to go...........like place to eat, place to stay etc....thanks

Edited by brokensmile

K1 VISA / AOS JOURNEY

01/09/2008 - mailed I-129F to CSC via Fedex

01/10/2008 - received @ CSC

01/11/2008 - NOA1 was issued

01/14/2008 - check cashed

01/23/2008 - NOA1 hardcopy received

05/07/2008 - RFE

05/14/2008 - RFE mailed back to CSC

05/29/2008 - NOA2

06/15/2008 - Interview date set 07/09/2009

07/04/2008 - Medical Passed!!!!!

07/09/2008 - Visa Interview Approved!!!!!!

08/29/2008 - Visa recieved!!!!

09/16/2008 - CFO Manila

09/18/2008 - Flight

10/25/2008 - Wedding Day

AOS

12/05/2008 - AOS sent Chicago Lockbox

12/10/2008 - AOS delivered

01/21/2009 - Case transfer to CSC

02/05/2009 - AP recieved

02/13/2009 - ASC Appointment Notice recieved

03/20/2009 - AED recieved

05/07/2009 - Welcome letter recieved

05/18/2009 - GREEN CARD RECIEVED

"The real test of true love is having all the things go wrong but there is always special way to love in spite of all the wrong things that may happen ...."

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
hi to all canadian just wanna ask what is a good place in canada to visist or a tourists sites? just plaaning to go there maybe this summer but dont know which place to go...........like place to eat, place to stay etc....thanks

I grew up in Canada - I lived in Ottawa and Toronto which are both marvelous cities in Ontario.

Canada is a vast country. It's the second largest country in the world, significantly larger than the US (although much of that territory is not easily visited).

You should have some idea in mind of which parts of Canada you want to visit. East? West? Cities? Rural areas? Wilderness areas and national parks?

Canada offers all of these. It's a magnificent country with friendly people, clean and safe cities, majestic mountains, picturesque fishing villages, a historic bilingual culture and a modern multicultural society.

From west to east of this beautiful land, here's a quick snapshot of some key highlights: The fjords on the BC coast. The Rockies - Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise. The open prairies. The Canadian Shield. The Great Lakes. The Thousand Islands. The Gaspe Peninsula. The Maritimes and Newfoundland.

Let's not forget the cities. Victoria. Vancouver. Edmonton. Calgary. Saskatoon. Regina. Winnipeg. Toronto. London. Windsor. Hamilton. Ottawa. Montreal. Quebec City. Halifax. St. John. Fredericton. Charlottetown. St John's. Those are not all - but that gives you quick overview.

I'm sure others will post more for you, but that gives you just a few ideas to get started. If you post more specific ideas that you have in mind, you'll get more targeted responses.

im thinking about niagra falls...........i dnt have any idea about it but thats come inmy mind for now.........thanks for the reply will check about it here both sounds good places.........we just wanna hang out in canada and relax, were here in minnesota which is really close to us.

K1 VISA / AOS JOURNEY

05/07/2008 - RFE

05/29/2008 - NOA2

09/16/2008 - CFO Manila

09/18/2008 - Flight

10/25/2008 - Wedding Day

AOS

02/05/2009 - AP recieved

"The real test of true love is having all the things go wrong but there is always special way to love in spite of all the wrong things that may happen ...."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You might want to post your question over in the Canada forum - there are many Canadians there who can give you some good ideas of where to visit in Canada.

As uscandual said, Canada is a huge country and it is good to have some idea of what part of Canada you want to visit. Are you looking for big cities? (Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal and Quebec City are excellent cities with lots to see and do) Are you looking for nature? (Niagara Falls, Algonquin Park, Banff National Park, Bay of Fundy are all excellent); are you looking for culture? (Niagara on the Lake, On; Vancouver, Straford, On; Quebec City, Montreal - well, the list is really endless). Are you looking for history? (Kingston, Ontario, Quebec City; Louisburg, NS; - again many many choices. Decide what you want, and you can probably find it somewhere in Canada. I am sure you will get lots of good ideas in the Canada forum.

If you like, I can move this post over to the Canada Forum - just let me know.

Ah - just saw your post about Niagara Falls - then you may also want to do Niagara On The Lake as well. It is a lovely town with a superb life theatre ' "The Shaw Festival' - lots of boutiques and historic homes, even wineries and farmer's markets in the area. The drive along the Niagara Parkway between Niagara Falls and Niagara on the Lake is one of the most beautiful ones I know. There is also an historic fort - Old Fort George - with battle re-enactments from teh War of 1812 - and lots of 'haunted' houses in the area. There are good hotels and lots of wonderful bed and breakfasts at which you can stay. Niagara Falls has the Maid of the Mist boat tour that goes below the falls, you can do walks that go behind the falls and there are fun places like Madame Tussard's Wax Museum also there. It is a good place for a visit.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
im thinking about niagra falls...........i dnt have any idea about it but thats come inmy mind for now.........thanks for the reply will check about it here both sounds good places.........we just wanna hang out in canada and relax, were here in minnesota which is really close to us.

Niagara Falls is stupendous.

The area is heavily commercialized - a lot of lights and noise and shops and commotion. So if you want peace & quiet, that's not the place. But for all the crass consumerism, the Falls themselves are absolutely spectacular. A true wonder of Nature. There are two Falls, one in Canada (Ontario) and one in the US (NY State). The Canadian Falls, the so called Horseshoe falls, are considered the more majestic and beautiful ones, though both are very impressive. It is possible to descend in an elevator behind the Horseshoe falls and enter a tunnel blasted out of the bedrock behind the Falls, and have the thunder down literally in front of your face. If you go, I HIGHLY recommend that experience. You should also consider the Maid of the Mist boat tours, they're awesome.

Have fun!

Timeline
You might want to post your question over in the Canada forum - there are many Canadians there who can give you some good ideas of where to visit in Canada.

As uscandual said, Canada is a huge country and it is good to have some idea of what part of Canada you want to visit. Are you looking for big cities? (Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal and Quebec City are excellent cities with lots to see and do) Are you looking for nature? (Niagara Falls, Algonquin Park, Banff National Park, Bay of Fundy are all excellent); are you looking for culture? (Niagara on the Lake, On; Vancouver, Straford, On; Quebec City, Montreal - well, the list is really endless). Are you looking for history? (Kingston, Ontario, Quebec City; Louisburg, NS; - again many many choices. Decide what you want, and you can probably find it somewhere in Canada. I am sure you will get lots of good ideas in the Canada forum.

If you like, I can move this post over to the Canada Forum - just let me know.

Ah - just saw your post about Niagara Falls - then you may also want to do Niagara On The Lake as well. It is a lovely town with a superb life theatre ' "The Shaw Festival' - lots of boutiques and historic homes, even wineries and farmer's markets in the area. The drive along the Niagara Parkway between Niagara Falls and Niagara on the Lake is one of the most beautiful ones I know. There is also an historic fort - Old Fort George - with battle re-enactments from teh War of 1812 - and lots of 'haunted' houses in the area. There are good hotels and lots of wonderful bed and breakfasts at which you can stay. Niagara Falls has the Maid of the Mist boat tour that goes below the falls, you can do walks that go behind the falls and there are fun places like Madame Tussard's Wax Museum also there. It is a good place for a visit.

:thumbs: I would recommend moving the thread to the Canada forum. It would be fun to see what other ideas people add to this list.

I think Kathryn and I could start a joint venture in the Canadian tourism industry :lol:

kathryn i apppreciate that if u want to move thi topic to canada forum...i dnt know much how this post/forum works, well u sounds u have a good idea about those places............how about in ontario canada? what can we have it there? actually we just wanna go to niagra falls and thats it but sounds like theres a lot more beautiful places to go there........

USCANDUAL

:thumbs::thumbs: yeh u guys makes me know busy thinking about this vacation plan..........well ur doing a good job promoting your tourism

Edited by brokensmile

K1 VISA / AOS JOURNEY

05/07/2008 - RFE

05/29/2008 - NOA2

09/16/2008 - CFO Manila

09/18/2008 - Flight

10/25/2008 - Wedding Day

AOS

02/05/2009 - AP recieved

Timeline

Moved to the Canada Forum as requested.

If you go to Niagara Falls, you can go to Niagara on the Lake as well - it is about 10 miles or so down river from the falls to where the Niagara River flows into Lake Ontario. It is a lovely drive, a very picturesque town and very tourist friendly. It is one of my favourite places in all of Ontario. You can do Niagara Falls and Niagara On The Lake on the same trip with no problem.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

Timeline

Hi Brokensmile! I live just outside Niagara Falls, in a neighboring city, so if there's any information you need feel free to ask! I'm there all the time. I would definitely recommend spending a little extra money and getting a fallsview hotel room... the views are great! My favorites are the Sheraton and the Embassy Suites.

I would agree with Kathryn that Niagara on the Lake is a beautiful town! But if you're anything like me you'll get bored in a couple hours :lol: Its very old fashioned! Filled with a lot of small family owned shops and old English style eatery's, as well as the theatre. Its a place my parents and my grandparents like a lot, but I haven't developed the refined cultured taste yet (not to call you old Kathryn!!! :lol:)

i think i lots that guys......i dont really like the crowed.......thanks much guys!!!!!!!!!! be in canada soon

K1 VISA / AOS JOURNEY

05/07/2008 - RFE

05/29/2008 - NOA2

09/16/2008 - CFO Manila

09/18/2008 - Flight

10/25/2008 - Wedding Day

AOS

02/05/2009 - AP recieved

Timeline

Hehehe hugglebuggles - you can call me older, if you like - I'll be 54 next month. What other wineries do you remember being in the area now besides Chateau Des Charmes and Brights? I always enjoyed doing the winery tours, too, so you might want to look into one or two of those as well, Brokensmile - they are right there and very interesting - plus you get to sample different types of wines, if you are interested. (Oh, I miss Chateau Des Charmes wines!) Niagara On The Lake is often used as the backdrop for a lot of movies - I remember when I lived near by they filmed "The Dead Zone" in Niagara On The Lake.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm not old and I think Niagara-on-the-lake is a nice place to take visitors. There are lots of cute restaurants there. One of my best friends does PR for Peller Estates Winery and they have a lot of nice tours and a restaurant to have a nice meal.

I also like Niagara Falls, but to be honest, it will only really take you 1 day to look around. I mean 2 days, if you are REALLY leisurely.

Might be worth it to drive to Toronto for a day or two as well. It's only about an hour and a half from Niagara Falls. Toronto is actually really nice at this time of the year... not too hot, and not too cold. There's lot's to do and see. We have a few broadway shows right now, CN Tower, Harbourfront with boat tours or a ferry to the Toronto Island, to name a few things.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

hi to all canadian just wanna ask what is a good place in canada to visit or a tourist sites? just planning to go there maybe this summer but dont know which place to go...........like place to eat, place to stay etc....thanks
Calgary (I was raised there).

• 1988 Winter Olympics held there (you can experience actual events of some Olympic facilities in winter, speed-skate rink all year, for fee)
  • Rockies visible from many parts of city on clear day
  • easy driving distance of several National and Provincial Parks (Banff, Jasper, Waterton Lakes, Little Bow, ...) and one Provincial Park (Fish Creek) within city limits
  • You can walk around downtown using (mostly) Plus-15 passageways
  • Heritage Park, where you can experience simulation of early 20th century
(notes: Waterton Lakes is better suited for full-weekend trip from Calgary--as that gives time to enjoy boat-ride, which briefly crosses into MT; Jasper has bus-tour on Athabasca Glacier aka Columbian Icefields)

Places to stay, lots of options including:

• hotel AT airport (lobby at departures level)
  • several hotels downtown
  • Motel Village, in nook of Trans-Canada and AB-1A highways

Eating places--again lots of options (see Calgary Yellow Pages, or you can do "drive along MacLeod Trail" approach which also will work), popular is McKay's Ice Cream in nearby Cochrane.

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Timeline
I'm not old and I think Niagara-on-the-lake is a nice place to take visitors. There are lots of cute restaurants there. One of my best friends does PR for Peller Estates Winery and they have a lot of nice tours and a restaurant to have a nice meal.

I also like Niagara Falls, but to be honest, it will only really take you 1 day to look around. I mean 2 days, if you are REALLY leisurely.

Might be worth it to drive to Toronto for a day or two as well. It's only about an hour and a half from Niagara Falls. Toronto is actually really nice at this time of the year... not too hot, and not too cold. There's lot's to do and see. We have a few broadway shows right now, CN Tower, Harbourfront with boat tours or a ferry to the Toronto Island, to name a few things.

A few more fun things in Toronto:

- Strolling and eating in 'Greektown' along the Danforth ... i've eaten Greek food in Greece, Rhodes, and in many big cities around the world but I'll take the Danforth as my ideal place for souvlaki and tzadziki.

- The St. Lawrence Market. Just stroll around and smell the air of the cut flowers, fresh cheeses, pastries, deli counters... wonderful!

- Black Creek Pioneer Village, to experience what life was like in original York settlement, Upper Canada

- Eaton Center and Square One shopping centers, if you want to go shopping and enjoy the USD/CAD purchasing power advantage. I personally prefer Square One in Mississauga but Eaton Center is more tourist-oriented. It also connects into the underground PATH retail network throughout the downtown grid of Toronto.

- Chinatown along Spadina/Dundas! It's the real deal, will make you feel like you're back in Asia

- Some of Toronto's great neighborhoods: The Beaches, Bloor Street West and High Park, The Annex

TO is just an awesome amazing city. You can't go wrong there looking for fun stuff to do.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.