8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi,

We are getting ready to send in our 751 to remove conditions...I just saw someone say that the USC must also do a change of address when we moved. I am the USC but did not know I needed to do that so we did not...We completed the change of address for my husband but not me. Now what do I do and is this a show stopper for the remving of conditions?

Thanks,

Sheila

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The sponsor(s) has to do the I-865 address change. That is a mail in form. http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-865.pdf

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline
The sponsor(s) has to do the I-865 address change. That is a mail in form. http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-865.pdf

Thank you..I am the sponsor and when we bought our house, we did the AR11 but I don't ever remember filling out the other form for me...Is that going to be a problem do you think?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Shouldn't be. I sent mine in several months after we moved.

We are in the same boat, prepping for removal of conditions. Just print it out and mail it in. You'll get a acknowdgement in the mail.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

We are in the same boat, prepping for removal of conditions. Just print it out and mail it in. You'll get a acknowdgement in the mail.

Thank you...I will do that but there won't be enough time since my husbands green card expires 6/4/2009...What will that do if they don't see that I as the USC didn't change my address..I am just scared now that something will go wrong. We did everything right every step of the way until this...:-)

Thank you...I will do that but there won't be enough time since my husbands green card expires 6/4/2009...What will that do if they don't see that I as the USC didn't change my address..I am just scared now that something will go wrong. We did everything right every step of the way until this...:-)

File your change of address online. Then, in the cover letter accompanying your I-751 package, state your current address to ensure that all future correspondence goes to this location. There should be no problem.

02-18-2009 - I-751 filed (Removal of Conditions)

02-20-2009 - NOA1

03-20-2009 - Biometrics Appointment

03-23-2009 - Touched

06-22-2009 - Removal of Conditions approved (via USPS)

07-01-2009 - Email from USCIS advising of approval

07-06-2009 - Received 10-yr Permanent Resident Card

02-18-2010 - Eligible to file for naturalization

----------------------------------

Disclaimer! Any advice I give is purely informal, and is not legal advice.

Hi smallcan999,

Don't worry about not filing sponor's change. My wife and I forgot to do it when we moved. I did an online AR-11 and sent sponsor's change of address later on. Please ask your husband to do an online AR-11 change of address and print out the confirmation page of it. Please fill out the PDF of I-865.pdf and print it or print the form and fill it out either way.

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa or google search "USCIS Online Change of Address"

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-865.pdf

Get your documents together that's the most important thing for I-751, indicate in the cover letter that you have attached both confirmation of AR-11 for the application and USC sponsor's change of address as well and you should be fine.

Based on my observation with USCIS they only change/update your address if you file a new case with them, if you do a change of address after your case is done or is being processed, rarely they do update it in their system. Plus when your husband will go for biometric after they are done the person will confirm your address and other info on the computer monitor (depends on the biometric center).

Please read this thread, it has all the documents you should include for I-751. Very good thread.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=182620

Good Luck.

Edited by Immigrant2009

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hi,

We are getting ready to send in our 751 to remove conditions...I just saw someone say that the USC must also do a change of address when we moved. I am the USC but did not know I needed to do that so we did not...We completed the change of address for my husband but not me. Now what do I do and is this a show stopper for the remving of conditions?

Thanks,

Sheila

Sheila,

I don't think it will matter, but I'll let you know. I did the same thing when we moved more than a year ago - sent in his form, but not mine. When I was getting the I-751 paperwork ready, I saw a post that mentioned it. I sent out the form that day (return receipt) with a cover letter explaining that I didn't realize I was supposed to send it in until then, and I apologized (figured it wouldn't hurt to be nice). From the instructions, it seems the worst that could happen is you could get fined, but it sounds like that would only happen if you did it so your husband could get means-tested benefits. In other words, if you did it on purpose, and he got some kind of welfare. In that case, you'd have to pay it back anyway, even if you did file a change of address. Maybe I'm being optimistic, but I doubt it would even get you an RFE unless you failed to file it at all. Oh, I made sure to include a copy of the cover letter, the filled in I-865, and a photocopy of the mailing receipt with the I-751 packet. I might even have added a screen print of the USPS tracking site showing it really was mailed to them. I ended up sending the I-751 the next day - May 1. I haven't heard anything about it either way, just got my return receipt.

Let's both keep our fingers crossed!

Best of luck!

venusfire

met online May 2006

visited him in Morocco July 2006

K-1 petition sent late September 2006 after second visit

December 2006 - third trip - went for his visa interview (stood outside all day)

visa approved! arrived here together right before Christmas 2006

married January 2007

AOS paperwork sent February 2007

RFE (yipee)

another RFE (yikes)

AOS approval July 2007

sent Removal of Conditions paperwork 01 May 2009

received I-751 NOA 14 May 2009

received ASC appt. notice 28 May 2009

biometrics appt. 12 June 2009

I-751 approval date 25 Sept 2009 (no updates on the system - still says 'received'/"initial review")

19 Oct 2009 - got text message "card production ordered"

24 Oct 2009 - actual card in the mail box!

sent his N-400 - 14 May 2010

check cashed 27 May 2010

NOA received 29 May 2010 (dated 24 May)

Biometrics Appointment Letter received 17 June 2010

Biometrics scheduled for 08 July 2010; walk-in successfully done in Philadelphia 07 July 2010

02 Oct 2010 - FINALLY got email saying the case was being transferred to the local office. Hoping to get his interview letter soon...

05 Oct 2010 - received interview letter!!!!

08 November 2010 - scheduled for N-400 interview

- went together for interview; file isn't there - need to wait to be rescheduled

Jan 2011 - went for Infopass

25 Feb 2011 - interview

19 April 2011 - Infopass

8 July 2011 - HE'S FINALLY A CITIZEN - WOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30 July 2011 - citizenship party

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.