5 posts in this topic

So we had our AOS interview on May 8th at 2:00 PM and my wife was told by the officer that she intended to approve her after reviewing the file one more time to make sure all the paperwork was there.

Here is our experience:

We reached St. Paul USCIS office around 1:25 PM with our two kids. Security check was easy as opposed to what I was expecting considering two little kids. We were told to go to the 3rd floor for interview and we did just that. We gave our interview notification to the receptionist, who told us to go and sit in the waiting area. We were pleasantly surprised as we walked into the waiting area and saw just one couple ahead of us. There was literally nobody in waiting area - not sure if it was Friday afternoon effect or something else. The couple ahead of us was called in as we were settling down with our kids in the waiting area. They were called in by a very nice and smiling officer. We did not why, but that smiling officer made us a little comfortable and relaxed.

We were concerned about how our two little kids would behave during all this process and thankfully the both were at the best behavior - Thank God for that. The couple ahead of us appeared again after their interview and left the office after saying good-bye to the officer who was ushering them out. They looked happy - another encouraging sign for us. And then came our moment of truth - we were called in by the SAME nice and smiling officer for the interview. She said hi to our two daughters and kept the door open for the longest time as we collected our documents, bags, kids toy bags etc. She ushered us in her big nice office and asked us politely to stay standing as she swore us in. She also mentioned that we will be accompanied by an observer - probably a trainee during this process and after few moments the trainee entered and just sat in the corner to observe the whole proceeding.

The officer asked us to give her our IDs. I gave her my driving license and my wife's foreign passport and EAD card. She immediately ripped I-94 from her passport and asked for her social security card as she wanted to write down her SSN on 485 application. She then asked for original birth certificate of our daughters. She then started asking questions from my wife's application:

1- First and last names

2- Address where we live

3- When did she enter the country

4- Was it her first entry ever into U.S.

5- Did she ever leave U.S.

6- Was she ever refused visa or entry to U.S.

She then asked yes/no questions from her I-485 application (ever arrested, ever had problems with immigration etc. etc.). She then asked us if we want to give/show her any other documents to prove our marriage. We gave her our utility bills, joint bank account, joint line of equity. She also requested if she can get a few family pics and we offered her a few pics of our family and folks THAT WAS IT! She told us tha she intended to approve our case after reviewing our file one more time. She kept my wife's I-94 and gave back her EAD card and told us to cut it once she receives her green card. The whole process took no more than 10 minutes.

It was very straightforward and easy. Both of us were SUPER NERVOUS about the interview and prepared for it for the past week or so. I also want to thank all the help, feedback and guidance provided by all VJ family member. THANK YOU VERY MUCH and GOD BLESS!!

Wish all of you the very best of luck in your process.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thanks for sharing your experience, and Congratulations!

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Congrats!

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

CONGRATULATIONS :star:

2008 K1Timeline:

I-129F Application

10/25 Received letter from USEM

11/21-11/22 Med Exam

12/02 Interview date, 7AM (Approved)

12/10 Visa on Hand

Date & Place of POE: 12/17 Detroit

03/10/09 Wedding

2009 AOS / EAD / AP Timeline:

4/07 Mailed AOS Package

4/08 Package received

4/14 Cashed Check/

4/18 Biometrics I-485

4/29 Biometrics done

5/02 CSC Transferred

5/05 I-485 Touched (This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred)(30 days)

5/12 I-485 Touched

5/15 EAD Card Production Ordered and AP Approval notice sent

5/18 EAD/AP Touched

5/20 Touched

5/21 AP Received by Mail (44days)

5/22 EAD Received by Mail (45days)

6/25 GC card production ordered!

6/30 Welcome Letter notice received dated 6/26

7/07 Approval notice sent

7/08 GC received by mail

2012 N-400 Timeline:

5/22 Sent

5/30 Cashed Check

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.