happyimmigrant

I'm here!!!

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I know it's been a long time coming, and I apologize for the long absence – but it's rather hard to update these things without a computer or Internet access, and I have been quite busy.

And so it began. I began packing up all of my computers and things on Friday June 16th. I had been packing clothes and other things all through the week. Holly arrived on Sunday the 18th. We spent the day packing up and getting last-minute things done. She cut my hair as it was getting long! I checked and re-checked my immigration paperwork. On the morning of Monday the 19th, we loaded up my car and headed off for Montreal.

The drive went quickly, as it always does when Holly is in the car, because we can talk, have fun and just spend time together. With only one mis-turn near the outskirts of Montreal (which we remedied quickly), we found our hotel (La Tour Centre Ville) without much problem. There were two desk clerks who appeared to be identical twins, neither of whom spoke much English. We managed to get checked in, parked my car in the (tiny, creepy, horror-film reminiscent) garage below the hotel and went to find our room.

We were not expecting much of the hotel (based on others' reports) and we got just what we were expecting. It appears that the hotel was at one time an apartment building. Our room was the smallest room available - a "studio" I believe they called it, and it had a living room, sleeping area, small kitchen and bathroom - basically a bachelor apartment. It was (mostly) clean, but certainly not what I would expect for $120 a night. I'd class it as a 2 1/2 to 3 star hotel. Well, whatever. We weren't there for the hotel.

We got settled, then headed out to find some dinner. We walked west and found a place nearby where there were three restaurants all with outdoor patios on the sidewalk. We picked the middle one, which was a pizza place. We started with a pitcher of sangria, and followed with what turned out to be a fantastic pizza.

After dinner we took a walk down through a retail area, near the Montreal Eaton Center, and stopped in a clothing store just before closing. We found a bunch of great things (mostly for me) and bought a few of them.

We returned to our room with some snacks, put a movie on, set TWO alarm clocks for the morning, and fell asleep.

Tuesday morning arrived and we got up at 6 am. A quick shower, I put on some of the new clothes we had bought, and we headed downstairs. We got a coffee and a quick bite to eat in a cafe outside the hotel (the cashier there was one of the few people we encountered that did not speak English), and headed over to the US Consulate at 7:30. There were a few people milling about outside the doors, and a couple security guards were there. The consulate itself is completely nondescript - there are no signs, and the entrance is off the side of a building - if you didn't know just where to look for it, you'd have no hope of ever finding it.

At 7:45 they opened the doors and let us in. We were amongst the first allowed inside. They checked my interview letter first, and Holly's US passport. We were sent through a metal detector, and our belongings X-rayed, just like at an airport. Some people who got in before us had things they were not allowed to have (cell phone, etc) and had to sign them in to retrieve later. As a result, we were the first ones sent through to the elevator waiting room. We sat down and waited for the elevator to open (it had a temporary barrier against it).

At 8:00, a guard came in, removed the barrier, and opened the elevator. We were the first ones in - knowing that we would be exiting out the back of the elevator, we went straight to the back - but then turned around to face the front, as one would normally do in an elevator. Everyone else that entered saw us facing the front, and did the same. The doors shut and we rode up to the 19th floor. It arrived, we turned around, and the door opened, letting us out first. Holly headed right, but I knew to turn left out of the elevator, saw Window 14, and lined up in front of it immediately. We were first in line. The woman checked my letter and gave us a ticket - C1, first one of the day. Even though our interview was not scheduled until 9:40 am, we knew that it was actually done on a first-come first-served basis. Holly heard the couple behind us muttering and complaining that they didn't get to be first in line. They got ticket C2.

Every window in the place is thick bulletproof glass, you talk to the employees through a speaker, and there is a small slot at the bottom to pass documents through.

We sat and waited for about 15 minutes until our ticket was called. We got called to window 8, where a woman asked for my documents in rapid fire - faster than I could produce them. She seemed to be satisfied with what I gave her, however. I did not give her any financial support information, any photographs - nothing except the official USCIS forms that they wanted, my passport, my passport pictures (2), medical packet, and the other things on the checklist they had sent in Packet 3. When she asked one question, and I answered "no" rather softly, she looked up, not having heard. Holly said to her, "he said no." She butted in, "I didn't ask YOU, I asked HIM." She was really not very nice.

She then told us to return to Window 14, pay our $100 fee, and return with the receipt to her window. She said, even if she wasn't there, just to slip the receipt through the slot. She told us not to wait for her there, because we would miss being called for our interview. We headed off to Window 14, paid our $100 (US, cash), got our receipt, and returned to Window 14. By then, there was another employee there, talking to two more clients. We stood there for about five minutes waiting for her to finish with them. I told Holly to go back to the waiting room in case our number was called for the interview. A minute later, it became obvious that the people at that window were confused and disorganized and were going to be there a long time. I butted in and asked the woman behind the window if I could put my receipt through the slot. She said, "oh, just put it through the slot in the window next to me, that will be fine." So I did, and returned to the waiting room.

We waited. And waited. Ticket C2 was called, the couple got up and went to their interview. I heard my name called, asking me to go to Window 8 again. We got up, and the original woman was there. She asked where my receipt was. I told her that I had put it through the next window, as the other woman had told me to. She very angrily said, "well that is NOT what *I* told you to do! I don't care what SHE told you to do, *I* said to put it through THIS window!" She found my receipt, and we returned to the waiting area. As we left her area, I was muttering obscenities under my breath about how this was so typical of this entire process, how you are continually told contradictory things by different people, and Holly quickly hushed me up, sensing that a year's worth of frustration with this idiotic system was about to emerge just before our interview. She was probably right. :)

The C2 couple emerged from their interview. They had been in there for a good 20 minutes. They did not look happy. They had looked nervous to begin with, and as they were leaving, Holly thought that the girl was blinking as if holding back tears. Not good. We were called into our interview shortly after.

The interview itself was the easiest part of this entire process. The interviewer was a kind and polite man who didn't bother with any formalities - no swearing of oaths, nothing. He immediately put us at ease. He asked us how we met, where we planned to live, and when we were going to get married. That was it! We answered together, and I think it was rather apparent that we were together and happy. He told us to come back at 2:30 the next day to get the visa, and gave us a little card that would gain us entry back into the consulate. It was 9:30 am. We walked out, and went back to the hotel!

We spent the rest of the day walking around Montreal. We started by going east, finding a bunch of coffee shops and the ever-present sex shops/strip joints offering "contact" dances, with explicit images (some in moving neon) of what was going on inside. They weren't confined to any one area, they were everywhere - we even saw one huge strip joint directly over top of a Thyme Maternity store. Juxtaposition at its best. :) We found a small coffee/lunch shop and had some lunch.

We then went back to the hotel and crashed for a couple of hours. We got up, headed out west, and stopped at the same pizza place we had tried the day before. More pizza, more sangria. :) Then off to Crescent Road, where we found lots of bars. We passed a fashion festival on the way, and were cornered by an obnoxious interviewer from the web site askmen.com, who interviewed us on camera no doubt because of our fashionable outfits. :) Holly hated every second, and I gave ridiculous answers (being the fashion maven that I am - NOT!), but they seemed to love it. They had us cut a "You're watching ASK MEN DOT COM" bumper for whatever TV show or webcast or whatever it is they were doing, and took our picture. Yay. I never did go see if we made it online.

We found a GREAT chocolatier near the top of Crescent Street, and bought some great chocolate treats which we consumed before we had even reached the end of the block. The shop owner was an interesting woman who was very talkative and interesting. After some more sangria, we decided that we needed some more chocolate, so back to the chocolatier, where she offered us both a job (no kidding)!

We had dinner at another nice restaurant that we found - more sangria (Montreal will be remembered for sangria!) and - yes, we had pizza again! I don't know what was up with the pizza, but it was so good! We sat on a second floor corner table with the window taken out, probably the best vantage point in Montreal for people watching - we spent almost two hours sitting there watching people as the sun went down. We headed in around 10:30 and called it a night.

Wednesday morning we got up, I got some breakfast & coffee from the cafe downstairs, and I cut Holly's hair (believe it or not!) I can't believe she trusted me with it, even though it was a simple clipper job. It looked pretty decent, not bad for my first haircut ever. :)

Noon arrived, we checked out of the hotel, loaded the bags into my car (which we left in the hotel garage) and we headed back out towards Crescent Street again. We stopped at a few stores and shops on the way. We had lunch at a different restaurant (oh my god, pizza again), and walked the long way back towards the Consulate. We got there almost exactly at 2:30, which was good - we were both tired of walking. I went inside (Holly was not allowed) and within 15 minutes had my passport with its newly minted K-1 visa in hand. A woman who was sitting next to me said that her appointment was at 9:30 the previous day, and that she arrived there at 9:15 - and didn't get out until almost 3:00 pm. We got there at 7:30, were let in at 8:00, and were out by 9:30.

We went to the hotel, got in my car, and left Montreal. Holly fell asleep for the first hour and a half, until I blew through one of the multitude of speed traps on the 401 that day, and had to do some rather tricky maneuvering into a rest area to avoid being ticketed. She was not impressed when I told her why she had been woken up. :) Getting into Toronto, we were faced with a huge traffic jam because of a major accident, so we stopped at the large movie theater complex at 400 & 7, and watched X Men 3. We got home at around 11:30, and headed to bed.

Thursday morning we got up reasonably early, went to pick up some furniture from a friend, got in her car, and drove up to Orangeville, where we picked up my massive (33 foot) U-Haul truck. Friends and family arrived, and we spent the rest of the day loading all of my belongings from the storage facility they had been in for the past year, into the truck. Thankfully the weather was clear and (a bit) hot. Holly's car went onto a dolly towed behind the U-Haul, then we took friends and family to a local Boston Pizza for pizza (what else?) and beer. Home and to bed, we were exhausted.

Friday we loaded up Melly (my dog) into the truck, hopped in, and set off for Ohio. Of course, first there was the border crossing in Buffalo, which was the part that I was most nervous about, being that they had been very nasty to me and had denied me from entering almost a year ago. We got to the border, and were sent over to the awful immigration room. We waited about an hour before being seen, and the typically incompetent border guard spent a good 30-45 minutes asking me the same questions over and over. It was quite obvious that he had no idea how to process a K-1 visa. Irrelevant questions such as "where do you work?" "How long will you be staying?" "Where are you going to be working?" "So, what company do you work for now?" over and over again. He couldn't have cared less about me entering on the visa, couldn't have cared less about the contents of our truck (he took one cursory glance at the itemized list of contents I gave him before handing it back), all he wanted to know about was where I was working, and where I was going to work. Once he finally gave me the I-94 and took my $6 fee, he told me to make sure I didn't lose it, because I would need it if I left the US and wanted to re-enter. Never mind the fact that K-1 visas are only good for a single entry!! Typical idiocy and incompetency. The USCIS quite obviously puts the bottom-feeders on border duty.

We were across!! After a quick rest stop and a bite to eat, Holly tried driving the truck for an hour (at the rest stop, a truck driver in the semi next to us pointed to her and motioned the words, "you driving THAT?" When Holly nodded yes, he gave her the thumbs up and said, "cool!!" - which then gave her the idea that she DID want to try driving it!). We got home around 8:00 pm, undid her car, and parked the truck for the night. We had dinner at her parents, went home, and fell into bed.

Saturday was clear and warm, and her family came over to help unload the truck. We finished unloading the hundreds of boxes, furniture and everything else by mid afternoon, absolutely filling our house.

Every day since then has been spent unpacking, sorting, arranging and re-arranging. I've also fixed a lot of the broken things that have gone unrepaired for the past year - toilet, refrigerator, air conditioning, dishwasher. My muscles have been sore for days, my body is covered in bruises and cuts, but I am HAPPY, and we're finally here at home!! Almost exactly a YEAR has gone by since I was here last, and I'm finally back.

Next: Our wedding. 3 1/2 weeks from now! Panic mode has not yet set in, but I'm sure it will soon!

Thanks so much for posting such detail Scott. Tears came to my eyes as I read your account... I could read the emotion between the lines and look so forward to the day when David and I can have that same joy.

Congratulations and welcome to the USA!!!

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Scott!!! i am so happy that you are finally where you belong! :D

i'm starting to get very nervous about next week. i do hope i don't get the crabby lady you got. LOL

have fun planning the wedding. it sure sounds like you have a lot to keep you busy for a while.

btw...with respect to mellie, did you just have the vaccination informtion from your vet for her? someone recently told me that dogs need to be licensed as well. i've not ever licenced my hounds as they have return to sender chips.

take care

k

Welcome to the USA and Ohio! Glad your both home....neighbors! ;)

K-1 Process

---------------------------

April 20, 2006 - Filed I-129F (Ahhhhh finally!)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED!

September 28, 2006 - Interview!

September 29, 2006 - VISA in hand!

October 14, 2006 - WEDDING DATE!

AOS & EAD Process

----------------------------

December 26, 2006 - Darcy's last day of employment on his 90-day work authorization. Bummer!

December 27, 2006 - Filed AOS and EAD paperwork

January 3, 2006 - Receipt date of NOA1

January 11, 2007 - 'touched'

January 17, 2007 - transferred to CSC

January 19, 2007 - biometrics appointment

January 22, 2007 - 'touched'

January 23, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

January 24, 2007 - 'touched'

January 31, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

February 1, 2007 - GREEN CARD ORDERED!!!

February 5, 2007 - Received Welcome Letter

February 11, 2007 - received GREEN CARD!!

Lifting Conditions

----------------------------

December 31, 2008 - filed I-751

January 10, 2009 - received 1-year extension letter

January 28, 2009 - biometrics

February 13, 2009 - 10-year green card ordered

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

glad it went well!! If your a VJ'er one is aware of what is fully required which makes the process soo much easier. Best of luck

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Congratulations, Scott! Really happy for both of you. :luv:

CR-1

09/16/2005 Mailed I-130 (CSC)

09/21/2005 NOA 1

02/07/2006 NOA 2 (Day 143)

02/25/2006 Petitioner receives AOS Bill in U.S. (Day 161)

02/27/2006 AOS Bill (regular USPS) and DS-3032 (Canada Post regular) are mailed out

03/21/2006 Petitioner receives I-864 package (Day 185)

03/22/2006 Beneficiary receives IV Bill and sends payment - regular mail (Day 186)

03/24/2006 Petitioner sends back I-864 (Day 188)

04/13/2006 Beneficiary receives DS-230 (Day 208)

05/10/2006 Beneficiary sends back DS-230 and docs to NVC via Fedex (Day 235)

05/19/2006 NVC issues RFE on Question # 20 on the DS-230. (Day 244)

05/29/2006 Beneficiary receives RFE and sends it off (Day 254)

06/02/2006 NVC receives RFE (Day 258)

06/16/2006 Case Complete! (Day 272)

07/07/2006 Case forwarded to Consulate in Montreal (Day 293)

08/11/2006 INTERVIEW! VISA APPROVED!

08/14/2006 Picked up visa and crossed the border.

08/25/2006 SS card arrives in the mail

09/07/2006 GC arrives in the mail.

K-3

02/01/2006 Mailed I-129F

02/07/2006 NOA1

04/14/2006 I-129F is approved!

04/24/2006 NVC forwards the application to the consulate in Montreal

05/01/2006 Packet 3 is received from consulate & is sent of 3 days later

07/07/2006 Medical

08/08/2006 INTERVIEW- cancelled bec. of CR-1

Thanks so much for posting this - so helpful!

Now, take it from someone who has been through the insane mess of doing immigration and a wedding at the same time (married one week before finalizing my immigration to Canada five years ago). Take some down time, when you can find it, and relish in the life you two are going to have together. Just breathe... :)

Congratulations!! :thumbs:

April 24, 2000 - Met in an online chat room

May 26, 2000 - Met in person

July 12, 2000 - Engaged

March 2001 - My permanent resident status is approved in Canada

April 28, 2001 - Married in my hometown, South Bend, IN

May 2, 2001 - Crossed Canadian border and finalized my landed immigrant status

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

February 2006 - The process of bringing my Canadian family to the States begins, so that my two beautiful children can learn about their whole heritage.

March 8, 2006 - I-130 approved in Calgary

March 21, 2006 - Received approval letter and Packet 3

April 17, 2006 - Sent Packet 3 back to Montreal

April 20, 2006 - Packet 3 received by Montreal

July 6, 2006 - Received Packet 4

September 8, 2006 - INTERVIEW and APPROVAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations!!! Your interview sounds very close to mine (check it out in the USCIS Reviews)..........we also stayed at the La Tour Centreville..............we couldn't park in the creepy underground thank God because our truck was too high but the clerk sent us down there anyway without us knowing how low it was....................we ended up parking in their upper parking lot on the side of the hotel after a close call with losing the truck roof!!. It was cheaper back in March..............$75 a night plus $20 parking and we went by their directions on their website and ended up being lost for 3 hours!!!

But my Interview was totally hassle free! It was at 9:30 and we were out of there by 9:25 due to like you going early!! I wasn't lucky enough to go site seeing because I ended up with a stomach bug!!!!! :blush:

We married May 16 and now I'm going through AOS and AP :crying: ...Madness, I say......Good luck to you and ours on the rest of your journey..............{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Edited by MarieAnastasia

“For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” JMAC

June 25, 2004 - Bruce & I met through mutual friends in my hometown in Newfoundland the night before he was going back to Maine

July 1 - First email between us

July 3 - I called him to wish him a Happy Independance Day

Daily phone calls and emails from there on in

October 20 - Bruce drove back to Newfoundland. He planned on staying a week but it ended up being 3 weeks. We knew for a fact we were in love!

March 19/05 - Bruce back in Newfoundland

April 8 - Bruce picked me up in North Sydney, NS and we drove to Maine. I stayed for a week due to work

July 26 - Bruce back to Newfoundland for another 3 weeks. I can't bear to see him leave.

August 10 - He asked me to marry him.........I had already asked him anyway just to make sure*_*

September 30 - I flew to Boston to meet Bruce there and then we drove back to Maine for 2 weeks

November 18 - We filed I-129F

December 1 - NOA Receipt #

December 28 - Received Packet 3

January 6/06 - Received my Police Certificate of Conduct

January 11 - Sent DS-230 Part 1 back to Montreal Consulate

February 3 - Sent off my check list to Montreal Consulate

March 24 - Medical

April 5 - Interview Date.....APPROVED......Yahoo

April 17 - Moving to Maine

May 16 - Bruce & I became Mr. & Mrs. in Las Vegas (Oh HAPPY DAY)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Great story with a happy ending. You're just in time to celebrate Canada Day and the Fourth of July. How about a pizza?

I-130 sent Mar 30, 06

approved Aug 15, 06

I-129f sent April 24, 06

approved July 27, 06

Montreal interview Jan 18, 07

POE Toronto Jan 28, 07

EAD sent Jan. 30, 07

transferred to Vermont Feb 12

biometrics Feb 22

approved March 13

card returned undeliverable! March 27

called after 6 weeks to have EAD re-sent

AOS sent Jan. 30, 07

biometrics Feb 22

RFE for complete medical (!) Feb 23

Called Senator from NJ - never returned call

Infopass March 19 (no help)

Replied to RFE with duplicate medical March 19

Sent additional evidence (I-693A) March 26

NBC received supplement March 30

touched April 4

Interview July 16

Timeline

Well done Scott and Holly, I am happy to hear all is well and your together. Best of luck with the wedding plans, which I am sure will go just as smooth.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Timeline

i'm starting to get very nervous about next week. i do hope i don't get the crabby lady you got. LOL

have fun planning the wedding. it sure sounds like you have a lot to keep you busy for a while.

btw...with respect to mellie, did you just have the vaccination informtion from your vet for her? someone recently told me that dogs need to be licensed as well. i've not ever licenced my hounds as they have return to sender chips.

take care

k

I've only ever been asked about Melly once during crossing, and that was a long time ago. I had her vaccination information, and that's all they need - no requirement for licensing. I know where I lived in Ontario you had to have your dogs licensed every year, or face a fine if found without one. You also had the option of paying extra for a "lifetime" license. Melly (and Nero, when he was alive) is chipped as well.

This time they never even asked about dogs, and I didn't bother telling them that I had her in the truck. They didn't seem interested in anything else I had in the truck. I could have been hauling half a ton of cocaine and they couldn't have cared less. :)

What really made me aware that the border guard didn't have a clue was that at the end, he asked ME: "so, what do I do with this now? Do I send it to Cleveland, I guess?"

Not confidence-inspiring.

Timeline

imilar thing happened when I went through MAine to activate my cr-1, they had no clue, but luckily they got on thr phone and found out!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

take care

k

I've only ever been asked about Melly once during crossing, and that was a long time ago. I had her vaccination information, and that's all they need - no requirement for licensing. I know where I lived in Ontario you had to have your dogs licensed every year, or face a fine if found without one. You also had the option of paying extra for a "lifetime" license. Melly (and Nero, when he was alive) is chipped as well.

This time they never even asked about dogs, and I didn't bother telling them that I had her in the truck. They didn't seem interested in anything else I had in the truck. I could have been hauling half a ton of cocaine and they couldn't have cared less. :)

What really made me aware that the border guard didn't have a clue was that at the end, he asked ME: "so, what do I do with this now? Do I send it to Cleveland, I guess?"

Not confidence-inspiring.

well at least they didn't hassle you the contents of the truck or the dog as well. i think most border agents stationed in buffalo are cranks. but wouldn't you be if you had to live in buffalo? ;) which bridge did you cross at, peace, rainbow or lewiston? by the sounds of things, i'd rather cross at another. mind you, i think detroit is the more direct route for me.

k

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I crossed at ft erie/buffalo and they didnt know what to do with my stuff either. When I handed the pkg that said 'do not open' He goes 'wahts this?' and ripped into it. I was like OMFG WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!

Then he had to call someone else over ask them and he told him to stamp it in a couple different spots and then forward it to the immigration centre (which one he didnt specify). I had to ask if they wanted to see my list of things i was bringing...after they wre all finished and he handed me my passport and stuff back. He didnt even look at the list let alone the uhaul or truck....sheesh

I cross Monday with my son, he is activating his visa for the first time....should be interesting.

Totally off topic....but any of you canucks or canuck-by-marriage dont have any plans on Saturday, come on up to the Maple Grove Tavern, in Maple Heights (cleveland) (www.maplegrovebar.com). Come upstairs, I will be bartending...I wanted to have a Canada day party but my idea was ummm well it wasn't acceptable I guess....who knows, but here is the deal.....since it is Canada day....anyone with Canadian ID....I will buy them a drink! Hows that?

12/25/2001 : Met on telephone thanks to mutual friend

03/02/2001 : Met face to face at a concert in Sault Ste Marie Michigan

07/06/2004 : I-129F Sent

07/19/2004 : I-129F NOA1 (Receipt)

10/20/2004 : I-129F NOA2 (Approved)

11/01/2004 : Package Received By NVC

11/04/2004 : Rec'd Instructions (Pkt 3)

07/01/2005 : Completed Instructions (Pkt 3)

09/01/2005 : Rec'd Appointment Letter (Pkt 4)

11/07/2005 : Interview!!!

11/20/2005 : Visa Received

12/03/2005 : US Entry, finally home

02/04/2006 : Wedding !!!

02/13/2006 : AOS, AP & EAD filed

02/16/2006 : AOS, EAD & AP rec'd

02/24/2006 : NOA for AP rejected (I ticked wrong box duh0

02/27/2006 : NOA for AOS, EAD

03/13/2006 : Biometrics appt

03/05/2006 : amended AP application rec'd

03/09/2006 : NOA for AP

04/06/2006 : RFE for AOS (co-sponsor affidavit)

04/07/2006 : AP approved

04/13/2006 : AP recieved

05/25/2006 : EAD approved

05/29/2006 : used AP for the first time

06/01/2006 : EAD rec'd

07/04/2006 : AP used again to pick up my son, activated his visa (he was a follow to join)

07/13/2006 : AP touched ??? (possibly because I used it july 4th?)

08/01/2006 : Interview date

08/12/2006 : AOS touched

08/14/2006 : Gerrys biometrics

10/10/2006 : AOS interview for Gerry

10/28/2006, 11/11/2006, 11/18/2006, my AOS touched ; 10/12/2006,12/04/2006 : Gerry's AOS touched

12/07/2006 : AOS APPROVED !!!!!!!

12/16/2006 : GREEN CARDS IN HAND!

09/24/2008 : Apply for Removal of Conditions

09/26/2008 : 1 Yr Conditional Resident Extention

11/01/2008 : Biometrics for both of us

01/??/2009 : 10 Year Green Cards!!!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I crossed at ft erie/buffalo and they didnt know what to do with my stuff either. When I handed the pkg that said 'do not open' He goes 'wahts this?' and ripped into it. I was like OMFG WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!

Then he had to call someone else over ask them and he told him to stamp it in a couple different spots and then forward it to the immigration centre (which one he didnt specify). I had to ask if they wanted to see my list of things i was bringing...after they wre all finished and he handed me my passport and stuff back. He didnt even look at the list let alone the uhaul or truck....sheesh

I cross Monday with my son, he is activating his visa for the first time....should be interesting.

Totally off topic....but any of you canucks or canuck-by-marriage dont have any plans on Saturday, come on up to the Maple Grove Tavern, in Maple Heights (cleveland) (www.maplegrovebar.com). Come upstairs, I will be bartending...I wanted to have a Canada day party but my idea was ummm well it wasn't acceptable I guess....who knows, but here is the deal.....since it is Canada day....anyone with Canadian ID....I will buy them a drink! Hows that?

EvilCanuck I sure wish I was close enough to Cleveland......................I'd show up in my reds and whites and take you up on that offer of a drink :thumbs: .....Nothing Canadian happening around here that I know of..............If anybody knows of anything in Maine...........PLEASE let me know...........even though we're only an hour and a half from the border..............I don't have my Advance Parole yet :crying:

Have a good one.....................{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

“For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” JMAC

June 25, 2004 - Bruce & I met through mutual friends in my hometown in Newfoundland the night before he was going back to Maine

July 1 - First email between us

July 3 - I called him to wish him a Happy Independance Day

Daily phone calls and emails from there on in

October 20 - Bruce drove back to Newfoundland. He planned on staying a week but it ended up being 3 weeks. We knew for a fact we were in love!

March 19/05 - Bruce back in Newfoundland

April 8 - Bruce picked me up in North Sydney, NS and we drove to Maine. I stayed for a week due to work

July 26 - Bruce back to Newfoundland for another 3 weeks. I can't bear to see him leave.

August 10 - He asked me to marry him.........I had already asked him anyway just to make sure*_*

September 30 - I flew to Boston to meet Bruce there and then we drove back to Maine for 2 weeks

November 18 - We filed I-129F

December 1 - NOA Receipt #

December 28 - Received Packet 3

January 6/06 - Received my Police Certificate of Conduct

January 11 - Sent DS-230 Part 1 back to Montreal Consulate

February 3 - Sent off my check list to Montreal Consulate

March 24 - Medical

April 5 - Interview Date.....APPROVED......Yahoo

April 17 - Moving to Maine

May 16 - Bruce & I became Mr. & Mrs. in Las Vegas (Oh HAPPY DAY)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.