happyimmigrant

I'm here!!!

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Scott!!! i am so happy that you are finally where you belong! :D

i'm starting to get very nervous about next week. i do hope i don't get the crabby lady you got. LOL

have fun planning the wedding. it sure sounds like you have a lot to keep you busy for a while.

btw...with respect to mellie, did you just have the vaccination informtion from your vet for her? someone recently told me that dogs need to be licensed as well. i've not ever licenced my hounds as they have return to sender chips.

take care

k

I've only ever been asked about Melly once during crossing, and that was a long time ago. I had her vaccination information, and that's all they need - no requirement for licensing. I know where I lived in Ontario you had to have your dogs licensed every year, or face a fine if found without one. You also had the option of paying extra for a "lifetime" license. Melly (and Nero, when he was alive) is chipped as well.

This time they never even asked about dogs, and I didn't bother telling them that I had her in the truck. They didn't seem interested in anything else I had in the truck. I could have been hauling half a ton of cocaine and they couldn't have cared less. :)

What really made me aware that the border guard didn't have a clue was that at the end, he asked ME: "so, what do I do with this now? Do I send it to Cleveland, I guess?"

Not confidence-inspiring.

well at least they didn't hassle you the contents of the truck or the dog as well. i think most border agents stationed in buffalo are cranks. but wouldn't you be if you had to live in buffalo? ;) which bridge did you cross at, peace, rainbow or lewiston? by the sounds of things, i'd rather cross at another. mind you, i think detroit is the more direct route for me.

k

Rainbow Bridge is the worst. The peple there know absolutely nothing. Lewiston seems to have the nicest people, but they are also relatively clueless. Peace Bridge is nasty, filthy and awful, but the people there are the least clueless, so that's what I used.

Detroit is by FAR the worst I have used - both bridge and tunnel. The guards there are paranoid and nasty. I have had many many problems crossing at Detroit that I never had at Buffalo.

Totally off topic....but any of you canucks or canuck-by-marriage dont have any plans on Saturday, come on up to the Maple Grove Tavern, in Maple Heights (cleveland) (www.maplegrovebar.com). Come upstairs, I will be bartending...I wanted to have a Canada day party but my idea was ummm well it wasn't acceptable I guess....who knows, but here is the deal.....since it is Canada day....anyone with Canadian ID....I will buy them a drink! Hows that?

Wow! That's only about 20 minutes from our house! Unfortunately I have to go to a wedding this Saturday (Holly's brother).

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Glad to see your in the USA.

Congrats on the visa :D

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Well it's about time, eh? So glad you're in the States! Congrats on an easy interview and best of luck with the wedding and your new life together. :luv:

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.