KASPER

Missing Evidence

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

Hi everyone, all visa journey members. As mentioned before, today I was scheduled to come back with missing evidence to close my case, so I did. When I came in to the building, I handed my letter to the window and was told to hand all evidence I had with me, which I did, and was told to have a seat. In next ten minutes one of the officers came out and called my name. We both went in and proceed to his office. Once we were in before I was allowed to seat down, he had me rise up my right hand and swear to tell the truth. Later on he looked again at my application, asked few questions if anything has change since my last visit, which did not and told me you good to go. In addition he also explained to me how to answer the questions included on the back of paper and showed up at told date and address for my oath.

Everything took no more than couple of minutes. Furthermore my date for ceremony is schedule for June 11 and that is another five weeks away, but I am glad to have my case almost complete, and wish you all the same in your cases.

Good luck to all of you.

Timeline
Congratulations!

what did you bring with you?

I took our tax printouts for the past three years from IRS including last year, cell phone bills with current dates, house mortgage papers with our names, car insurance papers, etc.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Congratulations. Good that your oath is schedules pretty soon. Best wishes

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Congratulations! Looks like you're almost at the end of the Very Journey! :thumbs:

N-400

5/29/2010 - USPS Express Mail Out N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/11/2010 - NOA in my mail box

6/17/2010 - Able to see case status "Initial Review"

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/2/2010 - Called mis-information line to put in a service request for STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED "FP NOTICE"

7/8/2010 - LUD, at 2:32am, received text msg and e-mail for req. for add'l evidence being mailed out on July 6th, believe it's for the FP

7/12/2010 - Received FP notice in mail, scheduled for 8/2/2010

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

7/22/2010 - Online status changed to "Case sent to local office for interview schedule"

7/27/2010 - Received interview letter for 8/23/2010

8/23/2010 - Passed interview, was informed that next oath date is 9/22/2010 and oath letter will come in the mail

9/3/2010 - Received oath letter in the mail for 9/22/2010

Disclaimer: All comments, advice and information are given out by my kind intention, please use them at your own risk and do not hold me liable or responsible for any inaccuracy.

Congratulaions!!! :dance::star::dance::star::dance::star:

Now my question: Why didn't you take these papers to the original interview? :unsure: Aren't those some of the basic things you should have?

I thought these should be in the N400 packet... I included copies and am planning to bring the originals in the interview. My file ended up half an inch thick :blush:

DO: LOS ANGELES

04/24/09 - mailed N400

04/27/09 - N400 received

04/30/09 - NOA1 date

05/04/09 - NOA1 received

05/04/09 - check cashed

05/05/09 - touched

05/13/09 - walk-in biometrics

05/22/09 - biometrics schedule

06/02/09 - interview notice date

06/08/09 - received interview notice

07/30/09 - interview - PASSED :P

08/28/09 - Oath Ceremony

08/29/09 - Passport application

Timeline

When I was going for my very first interview I took everything as I was told according to the letter from immigration. In addition it said take the originals of the copies you submitted with your aplication, so I did as was told if I knew to take papers with current dates on them it would be a different story. However everything is ok now.

Hi everyone, all visa journey members. As mentioned before, today I was scheduled to come back with missing evidence to close my case, so I did. When I came in to the building, I handed my letter to the window and was told to hand all evidence I had with me, which I did, and was told to have a seat. In next ten minutes one of the officers came out and called my name. We both went in and proceed to his office. Once we were in before I was allowed to seat down, he had me rise up my right hand and swear to tell the truth. Later on he looked again at my application, asked few questions if anything has change since my last visit, which did not and told me you good to go. In addition he also explained to me how to answer the questions included on the back of paper and showed up at told date and address for my oath.

Everything took no more than couple of minutes. Furthermore my date for ceremony is schedule for June 11 and that is another five weeks away, but I am glad to have my case almost complete, and wish you all the same in your cases.

Good luck to all of you.

OK, the N-400 process is wearing me out!. I read the N-400 application and N-400 instruction like 10 times and made sure I followed the instruction carefully. The "download N-400 instructions (242KB PDF) and download N-400 (614KB PDF)" both from http://www.uscis.gov.

Now, no where on the N-400 application and N-400 instructions tell you need to send in additional evidences/documents. I overlooked this part "For more information on the documents you must send with your application, see the Document Checkllist in the Guide"

If additional documents are needed, why USCIS did not include them in the N-400 instructions?!? Instead the additional required documents checklist guide were in in the "related links" section.

The problem is I sent the N-400 application, check, 2 passport pictures and photocopy both sides of Permanent Resident Card on May 7, 2009. I did not send additional documents such as tax record and/transcript, spouse evidence of US citizen and marriage ceritificate.

Can I send them the additional evidences separately including an explanation? Or will this confuse them?

OK, the N-400 process is wearing me out!. I read the N-400 application and N-400 instruction like 10 times and made sure I followed the instruction carefully. The "download N-400 instructions (242KB PDF) and download N-400 (614KB PDF)" both from http://www.uscis.gov.

Now, no where on the N-400 application and N-400 instructions tell you need to send in additional evidences/documents. I overlooked this part "For more information on the documents you must send with your application, see the Document Checkllist in the Guide"

If additional documents are needed, why USCIS did not include them in the N-400 instructions?!? Instead the additional required documents checklist guide were in in the "related links" section.

The problem is I sent the N-400 application, check, 2 passport pictures and photocopy both sides of Permanent Resident Card on May 7, 2009. I did not send additional documents such as tax record and/transcript, spouse evidence of US citizen and marriage ceritificate.

Can I send them the additional evidences separately including an explanation? Or will this confuse them?

I don't think you should send any additional evidence without them requesting it, since there's a good chance they won't be able to match it up with your file. Actually I can't remember ever hearing of anyone getting an RFE during the N-400 process, seems like they hardly look at your file before the interview.

I think you should just have the documents ready in case of an RFE, and if you don't get any request for evidence then just bring it to the interview.

Congrats to KASPER on the approval!

JOURNEY HIGHLIGHTS

04/23/05: Sent fiance petition (I-129F) to VSC

10/26/05: K-1 visa in hand

02/17/06: Flight to U.S. - POE Anchorage

03/01/06: We got married!!

03/04/06: Applied for Adjustment of Status

07/31/06: Received 2-Year Green Card in the mail

04/08/08: Sent application for Removal of Conditions to VSC

03/20/09: Received 10-year Green Card in the mail

04/11/09: Mailed N-400 application to Lewisville, TX Lockbox

08/18/09: Citizenship interview in Garden City, NY

08/27/09: Sworn in as a U.S. Citizen in Brooklyn Court House

08/29/09: Applied for U.S. Passport (routine service)

09/25/09: Received U.S. Passport in the mail

* Our Journey is Complete ! *

Timeline

I agree with l.j./1999 and that was a reason why my case was slowed down and also each time case is delate by them it takes number of weeks before they let you come back. When I mailed my n-400 it was November and I thought I'll be done by the end of March which never happened, unfortunately June.

woohoo....Congrats time to start the happy dancing...=)

My Citizenship Timeline

Service Center : Nebraska

CIS Office : St Paul, MN

Date Filed : 2008-07-31

NOA Date : 2008-08-06

Bio.Rcvd Date : 2008-08-15

Bio. Appt. : 2008-08-28

Interview Date : 2008-12-08

Approved : YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Final Approval 2009-03-16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!File is in line for Oath Schedule

Oath Letter Rcvd: 2009-04-03

Oath Ceremony : 2009-04-30

Total Time So Far: 9 months, 0 days ..WooHoo!!!!!!!! Can You Hear The Sarcasm =)

I AM NOW A US CITIZEN!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.