8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi VJFamily, first I want to thank you guys for being so helpful all the time, well yesterday I got my interview appoiment, it will be on June 24, ohh almost 2 months more being bored at home, I have a question, when I sent all my AOS paperwork, I didnt send my EA because I didnt know it woudnt cost, and I didnt have the money, well I didnt know about this web site either....some weeks later after I sent that I found this website and I realized I could send all those togeher for the same fee, well after that I decide just wait for the interview to see how long more would be the wating,,,now I now it is going to be a least 2 1/2 months more.. and I really want to find a job so badly... it is so frustaring being at home everyday, the days go by very slow to me nowdays....

Well I would like to know if you think I should apply for the EA or it would be better just wait until I get my greecard ..

Thanks for your opinions!

ali

Hi there Ali,

It doesn't matter if you apply for EAD now or later.

You will still have to pay the fee.

But if you are quite bored at home, you can apply

for it the sooner you want.

---------------------------------

For updates, please visit my Websites: Workplace On the Web, Mhar's Display, Any Day Shop, A Blogger's Tech Notes, Bright Bundles, Emotionally Entertaining

My Friendster: MarlyM

Want Extra Cash? Click: Hits4Pay, ClixSense,

FortWorthStockyards5-23-08.jpg

At Fort Worth Stockyards

---------------------------------

April 12, 2008 - Wedding, Rose Garden (Tyler, TX)

May 23, 2008 - mailed AOS packet to Chicago Lockbox

June 7, 2008 - NOA for I-485, I-765, I-131 received

June 9, 2008 - Received ASC letter

June 24, 2008 - Biometrics appointment in Fort Worth

July 9, 2008 - AOS transferred to CA

July 28, 2008 - AOS approved

Aug. 5, 2008 - GC received

Probably be a waste time to apply for EAD now

It took us about 60 days after initial AOS to receive EAD in mail.

And your AOS Interview is like 50 days away, So It seems like waste of time and energy to me........

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

If you want to apply for EAD, just make copy of I-485 receipt (NOA) and send I-765 form with it with no fee....But I wouldn't do it...Cause you'll get EAD in 60-80 days after filing...By that time, you'll have your green card...

08/14/2008 - I 130 sent

11/21/2008 - I-130 upgraded to USC

12/17/2008 - I-130 approved

12/30/2008 - I-485, I-693, I-864, I-131, I-765 sent

01/10/2009 - NOA for I-485, I-131 received I-765 rejected (old form)

01/12/2009 - I-765 resubmitted

01/14/2009 - received letter for biometrics appointment on January 27

01/20/2009 - NOA for I-765 received

01/21/2009 - biometrics walk-in

03/10/2009 - CRIS e-mail I-131 approved

03/14/2009 - letter for initial interview on April 27 received

03/16/2009 - AP received

03/27/2009 - EAD in mail...Status online"still pending"

04/27/2009 - AOS interview - approved!!!!!!!

05/02/2009 - welcome letter in mail...Status online " still pending"

05/05/2009 - GREEN CARD received!!!!!!!!!YEAH!!!!

Hi VJFamily, first I want to thank you guys for being so helpful all the time, well yesterday I got my interview appoiment, it will be on June 24, ohh almost 2 months more being bored at home, I have a question, when I sent all my AOS paperwork, I didnt send my EA because I didnt know it woudnt cost, and I didnt have the money, well I didnt know about this web site either....some weeks later after I sent that I found this website and I realized I could send all those togeher for the same fee, well after that I decide just wait for the interview to see how long more would be the wating,,,now I now it is going to be a least 2 1/2 months more.. and I really want to find a job so badly... it is so frustaring being at home everyday, the days go by very slow to me nowdays....

Well I would like to know if you think I should apply for the EA or it would be better just wait until I get my greecard ..

ali

You have your interview in June, but there's no guarantee that you'll receive your greencard shortly after. Better to be safe than sorry. I would send in the application for the EAD. It costs nothing. Just send in a copy of your NOA from your AOS and a couple of passport pics and whatever else is required. Because the AOS process is unpredictable, it would be best to send the EAD now.

Our K-1 Timeline

01/12/08: Attorney mailed petition to CSC

01/22/08: NOA1

05/27/08: NOA2

06/03/08: NVC received

06/04/08: NVC forwarded to Rio de Janeiro consulate

06/09/08: Consulate received

06/23/08: Packet 3 sent

08/19/08: Interview!! (Approved!!)

08/27/08: Visa in hand

09/12/08: POE (Washington DC)

09/25/08: Applied for Social Security card

10/06/08: Social Security card received

11/12/08: Marriage!!

AOS Timeline

03/21/09: Mailed AOS docs to Chicago

03/23/09: AOS packet received in Chicago

03/31/09: NOA1

04/03/09: NOA1 Received (His Birthday!!)

04/17/09: Received notice that our case was transferred to CSC on 4/13/09

04/17/09: My case has been entered into the USCIS system!!

04/23/09: Biometrics appointment

05/11/09: AP approved

05/12/09: Case arrived at CSC for further processing

05/13/09: EAD approved

05/13/09: AOS Touched

05/14/09: AP received

05/15/09: EAD card received

06/25/09: Card production ordered

07/06/09: Approval notice sent

07/06/09: Card Received!!!

Removal of Conditions

03/23/11: Will mail I-751

Citizenship

03/23/12: Will mail N-400

.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

thanks to all of you for write me back! if I finally decide to send it, do you think they would ask me to get the biometrics again? because with that step I think it would be really about 60 days to get it,

thanks again!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

ali

The EAD will take about two months or so and cost $300+ So take your choice. How about volunteer work? You do not need authorization and it will give you something to do, meet some people, etc. Voulnteer work is usually fairly agreeable as they cannot put too much on you for nothing. :)

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

ali

You have your interview in June, but there's no guarantee that you'll receive your greencard shortly after. Better to be safe than sorry. I would send in the application for the EAD. It costs nothing. Just send in a copy of your NOA from your AOS and a couple of passport pics and whatever else is required. Because the AOS process is unpredictable, it would be best to send the EAD now.

It is not my understanding this is correct. In order to avoid the fee the I-765 must be filed with the AOS.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.