RB_

i-130 for my husband and his son

10 posts in this topic

Hi

i am new to this website and was reading some posts and now a i am confused here is my status and questions. i will really appriciate if someone can guide me.

i am US citizen and got married. i want to file i-130 for my husband and his sons (stepsons) and we got married when his sons were under 18 now they are 16 and 17

my questions are

1 do i need to file three i-130 firms one for my husband and two for his sons?

2 if i file separate will they get the interview at the same time and get the visa at the same time?

Thanks in advance for the help

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

1) YES if you are planning on CR-1 for husband and CR-2 visas for step children.

2) YES, but you should file then together so that they get processed together and then interviewed together.

Your profile shows CR-1/IR-2, so I will move this from the K-3 forum to the CR-1/IR-1 forum.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

what is the difference between CR-1 and CR-2?

should i mail three i-130 forms in one packet or separately

Thanks

Yes file 3 separate I-130s.

CR is if married for less than 2 years when arriving at the POE and they get a 2 year GC.

IR is married more than 2 years and they get a 10 year GC.

CR-1 is for the spouse and CR-2 is for the kids

I'm not sure how the kids come into play.

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Thanks

CR is if married for less than 2 years when arriving at the POE and they get a 2 year GC.

can i mail those in one packet so that they know it is together and i can get approval and interview at the same time for all?

Thanks

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

RB,

I'm in the middle of the process. I filed for my wife and stepchildren in January. My experience is that USCIS separates cases/petitions. I filed for my wife first and my stepchildren two weeks later. USCIS split up the stepchildren. When I inquired about it, they said it was normal. So far, my wife and one stepson have been approved. I'm still waiting for my other two stepsons.

Also, you have to file three (husband and two stepsons) of everything. Specifically, I'm talking about the supporting documents.

You can get the petitions reunited at the National Visa Center if they do get separated. If your petitions have been separated and your husband and two stepsons get approved by USCIS, just contact NVC in writing (email) with copies of your approval letters and they should be able to reunite the petitions. If you do that, they should interview the same day.

Mail your petitions together. There's a step by step I-130 guide here.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...page=i130guide1

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Thanks

can i mail those in one packet so that they know it is together and i can get approval and interview at the same time for all?

Thanks

Yes, and send four cover letters, one for the entire package and one for each petition. As you assemble the package, treat each as if it were separate right up until you combine the package and put the cover, cover letter on top. Each must stand on its own if they accidentally get separated. USCIS will have separate files for each person but will attempt to keep them together throughout the process.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.