th3mo

HOW TO TRACK YOUR CASE FROM NVC TO EMBASSY

376 posts in this topic

Aww Saylin, your awesome!!! Thank you!

No problem.

• 4 weeks later...

My did not work. The date my case was sent to the embassy was today July 23 2013. How would I try to find it. EXP22JULY2013A ? Is this correct format?

No, that's not the correct format. Please go re-read post 1 as well as the rest of the thread as the format slightly changes.

I just checked though and there isn't any for the UK... yet. You'll probably need to give it a day or two before DHL updates.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

No, that's not the correct format. Please go re-read post 1 as well as the rest of the thread as the format slightly changes.

I just checked though and there isn't any for the UK... yet. You'll probably need to give it a day or two before DHL updates.

Ok thanks so what was the format you used? That would save me the time to have to go and re-read the whole thread again and get confused because it's changing or not... :)

Edited by VisaParaUnSueno

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Ok thanks so what was the format you used? That would save me the time to have to go and re-read the whole thread again and get confused because it's changing or not... smile.png

Status for my case also changed at NVC today to in transit and I think after playing around with it a little bit, I figured it out.

What you need to do is following:

1. Go to the link for DHL Tracking (http://www.dhl-usa.com/en/express/tracking.shtml?nav=TrackByRef)

2. On the left hand side there is a menu - under Tracking click on "Track by Shipper's reference" link

3. On Track by shipper's reference page - enter the information as following:

Shipper's reference --> EXP 22 JUL 2013A

Date range for Shipment From --> 21 07 2013

Date range for Shipment To --> 23 07 2013

Shipment Destination (beneficiary's country) and hit Track

You should see the package.

Hope this helps !!

Edited by pacharya

Timeline

Status for my case also changed at NVC today to in transit and I think after playing around with it a little bit, I figured it out.

1. Go to the link for DHL Tracking (http://www.dhl-usa.com/en/express/tracking.shtml?nav=TrackByRef)

2. On the left hand side there is a menu - under Tracking click on "Track by Shipper's reference" link

Date range for Shipment From --> 21/21/13

Date range for Shipment To --> 07/23/13

Thank so much! I will try this exactly... Your so kind and helpful... smile.png)) God Bless

Good Luck in your Journey

I found it thanks so much again! :)

Edited by VisaParaUnSueno

Timeline

Thank so much! I will try this exactly... Your so kind and helpful... smile.png)) God Bless

Good Luck in your Journey

I found it thanks so much again! smile.png

Not a problem, happy to help !!

It is funny when I checked the status of the package going to Australia and then UK, both of them are currently at the same location (CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA).

The easier for you to check now is simply go to the DHL link (in my previous post), and just enter 8765411152 in tracking number and you should see the status. Don't even need to use the previous instructions to track it by shipper's reference.

Let me know if you still can't see it.

Timeline

Not a problem, happy to help !!

It is funny when I checked the status of the package going to Australia and then UK, both of them are currently at the same location (CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA).

The easier for you to check now is simply go to the DHL link (in my previous post), and just enter 8765411152 in tracking number and you should see the status. Don't even need to use the previous instructions to track it by shipper's reference.

Let me know if you still can't see it.

I saw it now it's showing...

:)))) It's getting closer... I wonder once they have it, how long it normally takes for them to process and have our case number in system...

Waybill: 8765411152Arrived at Sort Facility EAST MIDLANDS - UK
Wednesday, July 24, 2013 at 7:44 PM
Origin Service Area: arrow.gifBOSTON, MA - PORTSMOUTH - USA

Destination Service Area: arrow.gifLAMBETH - LONDON W1A - UK Wednesday, July 24, 2013 Location Time 7 Arrived at Sort Facility EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 7:44 PM

6 Departed Facility in CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 6:19 AM
5 Processed at CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 5:45 AM
4 Arrived at Sort Facility CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 2:22 AM
Tuesday, July 23, 2013 Location Time 3 Departed Facility in BOSTON - USA BOSTON, MA - USA 11:36 PM
2 Processed at BOSTON - USA BOSTON, MA - USA 11:34 PM
1 Shipment picked up BOSTON, MA - USA 2:31 PM
Shipment Details... g_arrow_red.gif Help From To Shipment Information U.S DEPARTMENT OF STATE

Portsmouth , NH 03801

United States of America London W1a , United Kingdom Ship Date: 07/23/2013

Pieces: 2

Total Weight: 34.6 lbs Note on Weight

Ship Type: Document

Shipment Reference: EXP 22 JUL 2013A

Service: EXPRESS WORLDWIDE doc

Description: US DIPLOMATIC PAPERS

Timeline

I saw it now it's showing...

smile.png))) It's getting closer... I wonder once they have it, how long it normally takes for them to process and have our case number in system...

Waybill: 8765411152Arrived at Sort Facility EAST MIDLANDS - UK
Wednesday, July 24, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Destination Service Area: arrow.gifLAMBETH - LONDON W1A - UK Wednesday, July 24, 2013 Location Time 7 Arrived at Sort Facility EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 7:44 PM

6 Departed Facility in CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 6:19 AM
5 Processed at CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 5:45 AM
4 Arrived at Sort Facility CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 2:22 AM
Tuesday, July 23, 2013 Location Time 3 Departed Facility in BOSTON - USA BOSTON, MA - USA 11:36 PM
2 Processed at BOSTON - USA BOSTON, MA - USA 11:34 PM
1 Shipment picked up BOSTON, MA - USA 2:31 PM
Shipment Details... g_arrow_red.gif Help From To Shipment Information U.S DEPARTMENT OF STATE

Portsmouth , NH 03801

United States of America London W1a , United Kingdom Ship Date: 07/23/2013

Pieces: 2

Total Weight: 34.6 lbs Note on Weight

Shipment Reference: EXP 22 JUL 2013A

that is awesome, happy for you :)

Once they have the file, i guess approximately 1 or 2 business days i would say, not 100% sure though !!

Timeline

Date range for Shipment From --> 21 07 2013

Date range for Shipment To --> 23 07 2013

Shipment Destination (beneficiary's country) and hit Track

You should see the package.

Hope this helps !!

Hi pacharya - My status went to In Transit one day prior to that on Monday, 7/22..do I just back all those dates above back one day? I tried that and it didnt come up with anything. blush.png

Timeline

Hi pacharya - My status went to In Transit one day prior to that on Monday, 7/22..do I just back all those dates above back one day? I tried that and it didnt come up with anything. blush.png

Hi Jeannie,

I actually played around with the dates and it showed me some results. I had put 19th in reference thinking 20th was a Saturday. Your case may already be there. If your case was not in this package then looks like UK just received another package today from DOS which was much larger one and I wouldn't be surprised if your case is in there.. so either way, your case should be there :)

icon_tclp_icon_delivered.gifWaybill: 7570688786 Signed for by: DAVID Get Signature Proof of Delivery blank.gif
Wednesday, July 24, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Destination Service Area: arrow.gifLAMBETH - LONDON W1A - UK Wednesday, July 24, 2013 Location Time 12 Delivered - Signed for by : DAVID LONDON W1A 9:50 AM

11 With delivery courier LAMBETH - UK 8:39 AM
10 Arrived at Delivery Facility in LAMBETH - UK LAMBETH - UK 6:21 AM
9 Departed Facility in EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 2:56 AM
8 Processed at EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 1:23 AM
Tuesday, July 23, 2013 Location Time 7 Arrived at Sort Facility EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 8:03 PM
6 Departed Facility in CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 6:23 AM
5 Processed at CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 5:27 AM
4 Arrived at Sort Facility CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 1:53 AM
Monday, July 22, 2013 Location Time 3 Departed Facility in BOSTON - USA BOSTON, MA - USA 11:02 PM
2 Processed at BOSTON - USA BOSTON, MA - USA 11:00 PM
1 Shipment picked up BOSTON, MA - USA 2:43 PM

Portsmouth , NH 03801

United States of America London W1a , United Kingdom Ship Date: 07/22/2013

Pieces: 1

Total Weight: 9.0 lbs Note on Weight

Shipment Reference: EXP 19 JUL 2013A

Timeline

Hi Jeannie,

I actually played around with the dates and it showed me some results. I had put 19th in reference thinking 20th was a Saturday. Your case may already be there. If your case was not in this package then looks like UK just received another package today from DOS which was much larger one and I wouldn't be surprised if your case is in there.. so either way, your case should be there smile.png

icon_tclp_icon_delivered.gifWaybill: 7570688786 Signed for by: DAVID Get Signature Proof of Delivery blank.gif
Wednesday, July 24, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Destination Service Area: arrow.gifLAMBETH - LONDON W1A - UK Wednesday, July 24, 2013 Location Time 12 Delivered - Signed for by : DAVID LONDON W1A 9:50 AM

11 With delivery courier LAMBETH - UK 8:39 AM
10 Arrived at Delivery Facility in LAMBETH - UK LAMBETH - UK 6:21 AM
9 Departed Facility in EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 2:56 AM
8 Processed at EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 1:23 AM
Tuesday, July 23, 2013 Location Time 7 Arrived at Sort Facility EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 8:03 PM
6 Departed Facility in CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 6:23 AM
5 Processed at CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 5:27 AM
4 Arrived at Sort Facility CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 1:53 AM
Monday, July 22, 2013 Location Time 3 Departed Facility in BOSTON - USA BOSTON, MA - USA 11:02 PM
2 Processed at BOSTON - USA BOSTON, MA - USA 11:00 PM
1 Shipment picked up BOSTON, MA - USA 2:43 PM

Portsmouth , NH 03801

United States of America London W1a , United Kingdom Ship Date: 07/22/2013

Pieces: 1

Total Weight: 9.0 lbs Note on Weight

Shipment Reference: EXP 19 JUL 2013A

thanks so much pacharya! :) that is great news! although I just read Saylin's post below...is that something old? our medical is already booked but not our interview.

Like I said in the October thread, you need to have an interview date scheduled FIRST before you can use this trick wink.gif No interview, no tracking!

Timeline

thanks so much pacharya! smile.png that is great news! although I just read Saylin's post below...is that something old? our medical is already booked but not our interview.

Not a problem ! I am not sure how things work in London consulate but I do hope your case is in one of those packages. Since there is no way to look up what actually was sent, it just ends up being a guessing game. At the least, you should be hearing something within 3-5 business days from the consulate and if you don't start calling them I guess :)

thanks so much pacharya! smile.png that is great news! although I just read Saylin's post below...is that something old? our medical is already booked but not our interview.

Uh, you took my quote completely out of context. If you go back to the original post, I'm assuming I was talking to someone who was an IR-1/CR-1 applicant and not a K1 applicant like yourself. Two different visas, two different processes. IR-1/CR-1 cases go through NVC and only after an interview date is scheduled is the case sent out to the embassy/consulate. K1s on the other hand don't really deal with NVC; you don't pay fees or send packages. Your case is just sent right along to the embassy/consulate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.