MelissaJulian

May 2009 filers -- post here!!!

1,211 posts in this topic

Bryan's interview was today at 1:00. It's driving me craaaazy that he's not home yet and I can't call him to see what's up.

Ahhh, I've had butterflies since noon! :clock:

I'm sure he passed.

My poor fiance, he just had to dish out 300 dollars for a part in his car that was needed to pass the smog testing.

I have no clue how I'm going to pay for the first gardasil shot and the medical now... :wacko:

That stinks D:

I'm still not sure how your provincial medical works, even asking my fiance about it a million times. Will it not cover your gardasil shot? I know that's a small expense next to the cost of the medical, though. Bryan had to borrow from his parents.

Nope. It's not covered. I e-mailed my local health board and asked.

The only people that get it free are Grade 8 girls.

It's kind of a bummer.

I probably wont be getting the shot till like a week or so before my medical, hopefully trying to avoid not having to get the 2nd one till I can get onto my fiance's plan or at least wait till we get more money.

Edited by Rhiann

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Bryan's interview was today at 1:00. It's driving me craaaazy that he's not home yet and I can't call him to see what's up.

Ahhh, I've had butterflies since noon! :clock:

I see on your timeline that it says the interview was approved. If so, gratz!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello May 09 filers,

Wow, I was only gone for two working days and so many May 09 filers got approved during my absence. That is amazing!! Just hoping for mine next week so I can catch up with all of you on the next step. I feel so behind :crying:

Well, I'll probably be grinding to a halt now.

Just need to fill out the forms and wait about 2 weeks to even see if I'm logged into their system... if they don't misplace Package 3 in the mail :lol:

They're bad for that.

It stinks that Montreal is so much sloooower than Vancouver. We can hope that they've recently got their acts together and your case will fly through :D

Congrats on the quick interview! You have to tell us how it went when you get all the details.

Timeline

Congrats to all the recent May 09 filers!!! One fine day I will be joining you :).

Mystic Heart - How did you get your interview so fast? I am quite impressed. Way to go!!!!

Rhiann - I know you may have a long wait for your interview, but you will have company (me) since I am a bit behind :lol:

Brian&Merne - Once again a big congrats to you as you kept the rest of us cheering on. This requires a lot of strength and patience. But, you finally got the NOA2. Yay!!!!

Terri&Jay - I knew you were going to get yours soon and you did :). I am sure you must be feeling so much better now.

The few that are waiting please hang in there, as I am still waiting for mine to. Don't worry we will get ours in the next week or so.

Congrats to all the recent May 09 filers!!! One fine day I will be joining you :).

Mystic Heart - How did you get your interview so fast? I am quite impressed. Way to go!!!!

Rhiann - I know you may have a long wait for your interview, but you will have company (me) since I am a bit behind :lol:

Brian&Merne - Once again a big congrats to you as you kept the rest of us cheering on. This requires a lot of strength and patience. But, you finally got the NOA2. Yay!!!!

Terri&Jay - I knew you were going to get yours soon and you did :). I am sure you must be feeling so much better now.

The few that are waiting please hang in there, as I am still waiting for mine to. Don't worry we will get ours in the next week or so.

Thank you Star! We admire your tenacity! You are more patient than you realize! Only a few of us left, let's keep it up for them! :thumbs:

Life is beautiful!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

It stinks that Montreal is so much sloooower than Vancouver. We can hope that they've recently got their acts together and your case will fly through :D

Congrats on the quick interview! You have to tell us how it went when you get all the details.

Thanks! He was approved, should receive his visa in the mail next week. I tried to get details out of him so that I could share with you guys and in my blog, but didn't get much. The officer asked him how we met, what World of Warcraft is :rolleyes:, how we met in person and when we'll be married.

I asked Bryan if the officer looked through all the evidence that I provided and he said that he did. He skimmed through the Skype logs, the pictures of us together, chat logs as well as my paystubs and letter from the bank.

Bryan had the option of either going back to the Consulate next week to pick up his passport+visa, or having it mailed to him for the price of the envelope and shipping.

He said it took longer than expected, but his officer was nice enough. At least we're approved, eh? :dance:

I get to see him in three weeks for Canadian Thanksgiving, then he's moving Oct 20. Pretty excited!

K-1 process:

05-05-2009: Mailed I-129F

05-15-2009: NOA1

05-20-2009: Check cashed

08-19-2009: NOA2 Email

08-24-2009: NOA2 Hardcopy

08-24-2009: NVC In

08-26-2009: NVC Out

08-28-2009: Consulate Received

09-03-2009: Packet 3 Received

09-04-2009: Packet 3 Returned (via fax)

09-04-2009: Interview date (by email)

09-08-2009: Packet 4 received

09-16-2009: Medical Appointment

09-17-2009: Interview

09-22-2009: Visa in hand

10-20-2009?: POE

10-31-2009: Legal marriage

05-22-2010: <3 Our wedding <3

Our wait is almost over <3

Timeline

Thanks! He was approved, should receive his visa in the mail next week. I tried to get details out of him so that I could share with you guys and in my blog, but didn't get much. The officer asked him how we met, what World of Warcraft is :rolleyes:, how we met in person and when we'll be married.

I asked Bryan if the officer looked through all the evidence that I provided and he said that he did. He skimmed through the Skype logs, the pictures of us together, chat logs as well as my paystubs and letter from the bank.

Bryan had the option of either going back to the Consulate next week to pick up his passport+visa, or having it mailed to him for the price of the envelope and shipping.

He said it took longer than expected, but his officer was nice enough. At least we're approved, eh? :dance:

I get to see him in three weeks for Canadian Thanksgiving, then he's moving Oct 20. Pretty excited!

I am glad he got a nice officer. The bottom line is he got approved. By the way did you also include a letter from your employer?

Congrats!! October 20th is just around the corner he will be here before you know it.

He was approved... I get to see him in three weeks for Canadian Thanksgiving, then he's moving Oct 20. Pretty excited!

That's just about the only thing important. CONGRATULATIONS (F)

Life is beautiful!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Am I the only one to just realize there are 2 different forums for May 2009 filers??? and they both have about 54 pages ... I kept wondering why sometimes the May filer forum didn't look the same as it did the last time I looked at it ... LOL ... Anyway, if there is someone else out there as slow to notice such things as I was, be aware there is a May 2009 filers forum and a May 2009 k-1 filers forum

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Naples, Italy

I-129F Sent : 2009-05-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-05-21

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-01

NVC Received : 2009-09-04

NVC Left : 2009-10-02

Consulate Received : 2009-10-05

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-07

Interview ... WAIVED? Never heard of this, but they didn't even interview him, just told him pick up his visa the next day.

Current Status: Interview ... waived ... I guess :) They just took his fingerprints and documents and told him everything was in order and he should pick up his visa tomorrow! WOW

I can't believe it's only been 7 months since we filed ... seems like an eternity!

Timeline
Am I the only one to just realize there are 2 different forums for May 2009 filers??? and they both have about 54 pages ... I kept wondering why sometimes the May filer forum didn't look the same as it did the last time I looked at it ... LOL ... Anyway, if there is someone else out there as slow to notice such things as I was, be aware there is a May 2009 filers forum and a May 2009 k-1 filers forum

There is two forums one for K-1 VSC filers and one for K-1 CSC filers. This is the one for May 2009 CSC filers, but unfortunately when it was started they forgot to add CSC in the header.

Edited by Starlight95

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

There is two forums one for K-1 VSC filers and one for K-1 CSC filers. This is the one for May 2009 CSC filers, but unfortunately when it was started they forgot to add CSC in the header.

thank you for clearing that up, Starlight :D Now I'll stay where I belong on the VSC filers forum ... well, i might pop in here now and then ... i've seen some useful info here ... Ciao!

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Naples, Italy

I-129F Sent : 2009-05-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-05-21

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-01

NVC Received : 2009-09-04

NVC Left : 2009-10-02

Consulate Received : 2009-10-05

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-07

Interview ... WAIVED? Never heard of this, but they didn't even interview him, just told him pick up his visa the next day.

Current Status: Interview ... waived ... I guess :) They just took his fingerprints and documents and told him everything was in order and he should pick up his visa tomorrow! WOW

I can't believe it's only been 7 months since we filed ... seems like an eternity!

Timeline

thank you for clearing that up, Starlight :D Now I'll stay where I belong on the VSC filers forum ... well, i might pop in here now and then ... i've seen some useful info here ... Ciao!

You are welcome here any time :). We all can learn some info from each other.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Jennarationnext, congrats to you and your fiance! I hope my interview goes smoothly as well.

Is your blog on VJ? Just curious...

AOS

Feb 26 NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

May 1 EAD approved

May 11 AOS approved

May 24 EAD received

June 7 GC received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.