nedino

Final Review at NVC (post RFE)

12 posts in this topic

We got an RFE requesting form DS-2019 (former J-1 visa holders) to establish that my wife is not subject to the two year home-country residency requirement (which she is not). I overnighted the document (one page) and the NVC has been reviewing the petition since April 7th (when they received the RFE package). Other VJ-ers with the same issue had their cases approved days after sending their forms. Alas, we are still waiting for the mysterious "final review".

How many levels of review is there? Preliminary review, pre-review, mid-review, ongoing review, in-freaking-between review, plain vanilla review, while-I-have my coffee-and-pointlessly-surf-the-web review, accelerated review, supervisory review, escalated review, special-situations review, post-review and then the coveted final review. If NVC would have been a business, they would have been out of business loooong time ago. It's scary how inefficient these people are (credit given to some of the service reps, who have been very helpful). What's so freaking time-consuming in reviewing one page? This is getting increasingly frustrating. I just called the NVC and the rep said she will escalate the petition's status so that it gets final-reviewed soon. It's amazing how vague these people can be (e.g., soon, 4-6 weeks, 2-4 weeks). When asked how long is "soon", she says to call back in 10 business days... Ten business days for one page (of which the information that really needs to be reviewed is one check box)!!!....

What's even more frustrating, is that after the entire series of reviews there is still one more - consulate review. :angry:

Edited by nedino

Submitted I-751: March 22, 2011

FedEx delivery confirmation: March 23, 2011

Check cashed: March 29, 2011

NOA1: dated March 23, 2011; received March 31, 2011

Biometrics appointment: June 1, 2011 (done on May 17, 2011)

Approved: September 26, 2011

We got an RFE requesting form DS-2019 (former J-1 visa holders) to establish that my wife is not subject to the two year home-country residency requirement (which she is not). I overnighted the document (one page) and the NVC has been reviewing the petition since April 7th (when they received the RFE package). Other VJ-ers with the same issue had their cases approved days after sending their forms. Alas, we are still waiting for the mysterious "final review".

How many levels of review is there? Preliminary review, pre-review, mid-review, ongoing review, in-freaking-between review, plain vanilla review, while-I-have my coffee-and-pointlessly-surf-the-web review, accelerated review, supervisory review, escalated review, special-situations review, post-review and then the coveted final review. If NVC would have been a business, they would have been out of business loooong time ago. It's scary how inefficient these people are (credit given to some of the service reps, who have been very helpful). What's so freaking time-consuming in reviewing one page? This is getting increasingly frustrating. I just called the NVC and the rep said she will escalate the petition's status so that it gets final-reviewed soon. It's amazing how vague these people can be (e.g., soon, 4-6 weeks, 2-4 weeks). When asked how long is "soon", she says to call back in 10 business days... Ten business days for one page (of which the information that really needs to be reviewed is one check box)!!!....

What's even more frustrating, is that after the entire series of reviews there is still one more - consulate review. :angry:

:rofl:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

:lol:

Run, don't walk - to your phone and call the NVC and ask to speak with a supervisor, this kind of wait - to simply review an RFE - is odd.

That said, you may be going through a further review - but at least you could find that out.

Good luck!

Edited by trailmix

Run, don't walk - to your phone and call the NVC and ask to speak with a supervisor, this kind of wait - to simply review an RFE - is odd.

That said, you may be going through a further review - but at least you could find that out.

Good luck!

Thanks trailmix. I agree on the rather extended RFE review being odd, but nothing surprises me at NVC any more (NeVer Cease to amaze). You bring a valuable addition to my collection of reviews, "further review" - also a proud member of the NVC "review" family. I did specifically ask whether my case is not under the category of "administrative processing" or his twin brother "additional processing". Luckily (and that's the only good news from today's call) it is not. It is, as already stated, prominently classified as "under final review".

What a joke this entire orgranization is. Any NVC alumni on this board? What does a job like that pay? It must be sub-minimal salary, as motivation levels and processing times are indeed a joke.

Timeline

Good to hear but - did you ask to speak to a supervisor? I suggested that not merely as a means to make you feel better :)

Contacting a supervisor will enable a person, who knows what they are doing, to look at your file and determine why it is being held so long. If you don't wish to be posting in this thread again in 3 weeks, saying it is still being held up - I recommend you do that now.

I had the same thing happen.

Edited by trailmix

Good to hear but - did you ask to speak to a supervisor? I suggested that not merely as a means to make you feel better :)

Contacting a supervisor will enable a person, who knows what they are doing, to look at your file and determine why it is being held so long. If you don't wish to be posting in this thread again in 3 weeks, saying it is still being held up - I recommend you do that now.

Yes and yes. I understand that you were not suggesting to call a supervisor just to raise my spirits. And yes, I did talk to a supervisor.

Contrary to your expectations, the supervisor was equally clueless (as to why there are so many levels of reviews and why it has taken such a long time to go over a page) but said that the case should be completed by Friday.

My posts have a two-prong objective: 1) vent to make me feel better; 2) share my experience to enrich the VJ database and hopefully provide answers for other petitioners/beneficiaries. It is very likely that I will be posting in 3 weeks, but for other reasons - the NVC is that inefficient, that it is normal to expect delays.

Sorry to hear that you had to go through the same ordeal.

Case completed! :D

Case completed! :D

congrats!

Dated since 2004, 10/22/2008 Married in NY, wife left the country, returns on 01/06/2009 as a visitor (granted stay until July 2009)

01/15/2009 Sent I-130 package for CR1 to Chicago Lock Box, 01/19/2009 USCIS Chicago received the application

01/26/2009 USCIS sent out NOA1, 01/28/2009 Moneygrams Order cashed

02/24/2009 Case is in Vermont Processing Center (told by the USCIS by calling the free phone line)

03/02/2009 NOA2 mailed, application approved!!!! (47 days since we mailed I-130 package)

03/05/2009 NVC Received Case / Case number assigned

03/12/2009 DS-3032 / AOS fee bill generated and e-mailed to us, 03/12/2009 I e-mailed and snail mailed DS-3032 and paid AOS fee bill online

03/18/2009 NVC received DS-3032 and it was entered into the system (I never received email confirmation)

03/20/2009 IV Bill generated and I paid online

03/30/2009 Sent I-864 package to NVC, 03/31/2009 Sent DS-230 package to NVC

04/01/2009 IV fee shows unpaid, 04/03/2009 documents are under review (confirmed by operator)

04/06/2009 IV Fee finally shows PAID, 04/07/2009 AVR system says that IV bill has been processed, "instruction package" received by email

04/08/2009 AVR system says "NVC received your documents on April 3...", our case is under review...

04/10/2009 RFE issued for DS-230 Part I, but AOS accepted

04/14/2009 found out the exact issue with DS-230 and sent the response using Chris Parker's RFE shortcut and later in the day received an email checklist for RFE

04/15/2009 RFE response arrived to the NVC facility, 04/20/2009 RFE response received by NVC

04/23/2009 CASE COMPLETED, 06/02/2009 VISA RECEIVED

Timeline

Yes and yes. I understand that you were not suggesting to call a supervisor just to raise my spirits. And yes, I did talk to a supervisor.

Contrary to your expectations, the supervisor was equally clueless (as to why there are so many levels of reviews and why it has taken such a long time to go over a page) but said that the case should be completed by Friday.

My posts have a two-prong objective: 1) vent to make me feel better; 2) share my experience to enrich the VJ database and hopefully provide answers for other petitioners/beneficiaries. It is very likely that I will be posting in 3 weeks, but for other reasons - the NVC is that inefficient, that it is normal to expect delays.

Sorry to hear that you had to go through the same ordeal.

Good to hear you are done at NVC!

Edited by trailmix

congrats!

Thanks!

Good to hear you are done at NVC!

Great news indeed. Thanks.

:thumbs: im so happy for you

Thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.