ERIKandCHINH

Financial stuff for I-134

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I filled out the form , but now I am re, re, re, reviewing my documentation. How much info is needed for the I-134? I have taxes for 3 years (this years w-2 and 1099 and 2007, 2006 returns). recent pay stubs, the last pay stub from 2008, the county appraisal district's asessment of my house and land. If my income is more than adequate, do I need any other documents? I also have a letter from my HR and signed by my CEO stating my good standing and income.

What else do I NEED? Or will this suffice?

Tahnks,

Erik

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

you've got plenty. Have you filed your 08 taxes? A copy of the tax form would be expected. House appraisal isn't needed if income is enough, but it can't hurt either as you have it in hand.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I was always advised to get tax transcripts as well as providing the returns. A tax transcript is basically just a receipt from Uncle Sam showing that you actually paid X number of dollars into the system. However, I really don't see how that's any better than the return/W-2 combination. Maybe it's more important if you're self-employed and need to prove you paid your taxes? Anyway, it's really easy to get the transcripts. You just call (800) 829-1040 and go through their automated system and request transcripts for whatever year(s) you want. Then they just show up in the mail about a week later. Maybe not necessary, but if you want to do it, it's really easy.

Oh yeah, and one more thing. I had a letter from my bank that I am an account holder in good standing, and deposited X number of dollars into account number such-and-such in the last year. Again, if you're way over the minimum income requirements and you've got a normal enough job (unlike me), then you probably don't need that, either.

The instructions from the consulate state that they want to see a letter from the bank as described in the I-134 instructions. In addition, the consulate instructions state that the complete tax return transcript is preferred. You should have it for the 2008 tax year if your interview is sometime towards the end of April or later. You can speak to an operator and have them fax the transcripts to you if you can't wait for the mail.

The rest sounds ok, but as noted before property assessments are not needed.

Hello

Thank you so much Anh Dai

Hello all

what is the email consular ask for update the case anyway,please let me know anh Dai

Thank you

On the same website: http://hochiminh.usconsulate.gov/contact/consular.html

their email is: hcmcinfo@state.gov

yeah I don't deserved to be called ANH Dai from you, I should call you Anh John since your are much older than me..

Edited by Dai_VN
mrc2pmh1445.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
the consulate instructions state that the complete tax return transcript is preferred.

Todd: it's true that ITR transcript is prefered by HCMC.

Erik: However, sometimes you can't give them what you do NOT have, eventhough they say they WANT it (hint: W-2, 1040 ITR is OK!). Not a single piece of evidence will break or make your case. It's the total supportive evidence package which you present to HCMC, to convince them beyond any "reasonable doubt" of your true relationship. Think big picture! How do I show them that I'm financially sound and will be able to support her, and won't let her get on welfare or become a public charge! That's the meaning of the i-134. Can you show HCMC you can handle it? Yes? Then you're good to go brother! :thumbs:

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

I filled out the form , but now I am re, re, re, reviewing my documentation. How much info is needed for the I-134? I have taxes for 3 years (this years w-2 and 1099 and 2007, 2006 returns). recent pay stubs, the last pay stub from 2008, the county appraisal district's asessment of my house and land. If my income is more than adequate, do I need any other documents? I also have a letter from my HR and signed by my CEO stating my good standing and income.

What else do I NEED? Or will this suffice?

Tahnks,

Erik

Just curious, what is form I-134? Is this for K visa only right, not for CR1/IR1.

I-130 Journey

USCIS

06-15-2008 : Marriage

08-16-2008 : I-130 Sent

08-18-2008 : I-130 Received

08-22-2008 : I-130 NOA1

02-02-2009 : I-130 NOA2 Approved 164 days from NOA1

NVC

02-04-2009 : Visited my wife for 2 weeks. 02-22-2009 come back to US

02-11-2009 : Received package from NVC

02-23-2009 : AOS Paid $70 (Online)

02-23-2009 : DS-3032 sent (by email)

02-25-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (AOS)

03-04-2009 : NVC has received the Choice of Agent DS-3032 (Online)

03-04-2009 : IV Application Processing Fees $400 (Online)

03-05-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (IV APS)

03-07-2009 : DS-230, and I-864 Sent (by USPS)

03-12-2009 : USPS confirm arrived at NVC for DS-230, & I-864

03-13-2009 : NVC received DS-230, & I-864 (Case in progress)

03-20-2009 : NVC case completed in 1 week NVC completed 03-20-2009.

04-02-2009 : NVC Left to HCM city

04-22-2009 : Medical Passed

05-12-2009 : Received a package IV from HCM Consulate by email

05-18-2009 : My wife got Pink.. yeah..

05-26-2009 : Visa received

06-18-2009 : US Entry!!! Yeah, my wife finally here.

06-29-2009 : Received SSN from snail mail

07-20-2009 : Green card received by mail

09-15-2009 : Writting test from DVM.

11-03-2009 : Driving Test.

01-20-2010 : Working.

04-20-2011 : Submit I751

04-26-2011 : Received I-797 NOA with Receipt Number

05-11-2011 : Received ASC Appointment Notice

06-03-2011 : Biometrics Apts @ 11:00 AM

10-11-2011 : Submit more evidence.

the consulate instructions state that the complete tax return transcript is preferred.

Todd: it's true that ITR transcript is prefered by HCMC.

Erik: However, sometimes you can't give them what you do NOT have, eventhough they say they WANT it (hint: W-2, 1040 ITR is OK!). Not a single piece of evidence will break or make your case. It's the total supportive evidence package which you present to HCMC, to convince them beyond any "reasonable doubt" of your true relationship. Think big picture! How do I show them that I'm financially sound and will be able to support her, and won't let her get on welfare or become a public charge! That's the meaning of the i-134. Can you show HCMC you can handle it? Yes? Then you're good to go brother! :thumbs:

Chuck, I agree that you cannot give what you do not have. However, if it is available, one would be well-advised to provide the requested documents. Last Friday, 1 May, I received my 2008 transcript by fax and will receive the original by mail next week. Erik's interview is the day after mine, so he should be able to have this document if he chooses to pursue it.

And, yes, one piece of "evidence" will not make or break your case. This is not evidence of a relationship. This is required documentation. I would recommend to anyone that if it is possible, comply fully with the consulate requests. Do not give them a reason to question any of the data that you present. The reason that they want the tax transcript is that it is an official record of what the IRS has about your income, deductions, etc. W-2's do not tell the whole story and a tax return (from TurboTax or whatever) can be made up to tell any story that you want. This allows the CO to not wonder if what he/she is looking at is real. Why not eliminate doubt in the interviewer's mind whenever possible?

Big picture, in my mind, is having my fiancee receive approval at the interview. Everything that I have done is in support of that objective. I do not believe in rationalizing to save a little effort.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Todd,

I do not support baseless rationalization or useless effort which yield fruitless results.

Erik can obtain a transcript if he desires and if he can get it and I suggest he gets it. However not everyone will be asked for the official IRS ITR transcripts, but each of you will be asked for support evidence. You and many others may be lucky enough to get this ITR transcripts in time, some don't, still it doesn't mean they will not be able to submit 1040 and W-2's from, yup, Turbo Tax, H&R Block or any tax software they might have used, some don't use software but their very own handwritten forms. Guess what, you will be able to submit those as evidence. Obtain the ITR transcripts doesn't prove some people give more effort than others, nor it gives little evidence of others try to rationalize their way of doing thing to save a little effort. None of this means nothing, but also means so much to some. Do not get tunneled vision.

I do not agree with some who think and believe there is only ONE way to get thing done, all else are invalid. I also do not agree with some who try do the minimum to get by and wonder why their case don't get approved.

Good luck with your case!

For Erik

Need a Copy of Your Tax Return Information?

Requesting transcripts (individuals):

You have two easy and convenient options for getting copies of your federal tax return information--tax return transcripts and tax account transcripts--by phone or by mail.

Request transcripts by calling 1-800-829-1040, or order by mail using IRS Form 4506T (Request for Transcript of Tax Return). We do not charge a fee for transcripts. Allow two weeks for delivery.

Definitions:

A tax return transcript shows most line items from your tax return (Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ) as it was originally filed, including any accompanying forms and schedules. It does not reflect any changes you, your representative or the IRS made after the return was filed. In many cases, a return transcript will meet the requirements of lending institutions such as those offering mortgages and for applying for student loans.

A tax account transcript shows any later adjustments either you or the IRS made after the tax return was filed. This transcript shows basic data, including marital status, type of return filed, adjusted gross income and taxable income.

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Todd,

I do not support baseless rationalization or useless effort which yield fruitless results.

Erik can obtain a transcript if he desires and if he can get it and I suggest he gets it. However not everyone will be asked for the official IRS ITR transcripts, but each of you will be asked for support evidence. You and many others may be lucky enough to get this ITR transcripts in time, some don't, still it doesn't mean they will not be able to submit 1040 and W-2's from, yup, Turbo Tax, H&R Block or any tax software they might have used, some don't use software but their very own handwritten forms. Guess what, you will be able to submit those as evidence. Obtain the ITR transcripts doesn't prove some people give more effort than others, nor it gives little evidence of others try to rationalize their way of doing thing to save a little effort. None of this means nothing, but also means so much to some. Do not get tunneled vision.

I do not agree with some who think and believe there is only ONE way to get thing done, all else are invalid. I also do not agree with some who try do the minimum to get by and wonder why their case don't get approved.

Good luck with your case!

For Erik

Need a Copy of Your Tax Return Information?

Requesting transcripts (individuals):

You have two easy and convenient options for getting copies of your federal tax return information--tax return transcripts and tax account transcripts--by phone or by mail.

Request transcripts by calling 1-800-829-1040, or order by mail using IRS Form 4506T (Request for Transcript of Tax Return). We do not charge a fee for transcripts. Allow two weeks for delivery.

Definitions:

A tax return transcript shows most line items from your tax return (Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ) as it was originally filed, including any accompanying forms and schedules. It does not reflect any changes you, your representative or the IRS made after the return was filed. In many cases, a return transcript will meet the requirements of lending institutions such as those offering mortgages and for applying for student loans.

A tax account transcript shows any later adjustments either you or the IRS made after the tax return was filed. This transcript shows basic data, including marital status, type of return filed, adjusted gross income and taxable income.

Chuck, you may have misunderstood my advice. It was this: if at all possible (meaning put some real effort into it) comply with the consulate requests/direction. If not, do the best that you reasonably can. I only stress this here on VJ, because I see many folks trying to get by with doing the minimum and later being disappointed. I do not want that for anyone.

I also do not believe that there is only one way to do things. Lots of ways to do lots of things. Some approaches tend to be more sound than others. I advocate for pragmatism.

Let me add on to the instructions that you provided since I just went through this process of getting the transcripts for myself, which took 15 minutes:

If you only follow the prompts on the phone, you will not get to talk to a person. You will have the system automatically generate your transcript and mail it to you. This takes 2 weeks. If you want it faxed to you, you will need to talk to a human and BE BESIDE A FAX MACHINE. They will not fax it to a machine if you are not near it. press 0 once you are inside the tax transcript cycle in the question tree to get an operator. This is where the wait time is. By the way, HCM wants the Tax Return Transcript.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I was going to get my I-134 form notarized today, but then I realized that the 10/30/2008 version of the form doesn't have a Notary block for the Notary to fill out. The USCIS website says that a notary is no longer necessary since you are signing under penalty of perjury.

But the Consulate instructions state that the form needs to be notarized. The Consulate instructions form is dated April of 2008, prior to the I-134 change.

Has anyone else run across this issue? I can try to get a notary to sign and stamp, but I don't think they will since there is simply no place for them to put the information (unless we put it on the back of the page).

USCIS says that older versions of the form are acceptable, but I don't really have time to get a new form from the attorney, and I don't think they would be willing to give me one. I really don't have time to do it myself either.

Has anyone submitted the new version of the form without a Notary seal at the interview?

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.