TiffandDai

After 15 months..... we get

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

The reason in the letter was that our petition Did not span the entire period of our marriage in sufficient detail. When reading the documents we sent them i.e. Travel documents of when we went to visit his family together (why would I take a vacation with someone I don't have a relationship with?!?!) Copy of our Auto Insurance with him listed as a named insured (he had just recently gotten his license in 2006) I sent copies of my 2007 policies, Affadvaits from my family members certifing we have an ongoing loving relationship, my pay stub claiming my status as single (only so we can have the max taxes taken out when we file for our refunds, which we included copies of our tax returns) and an old lease. The main problem we will most likely come across is we cannot provide proof except leases from we first got married in 2004. We never had joint bank account until just recently, the same with utilities they have always been in my name....

I-751 Removal of Conditions

01/10/08 - Application sent to VSC

01/22/08 - Application Received

02/02/08 - Biometrics done

01/29/09 - I-551 stamped in passport at Tampa ofc

04/25/09 - RFE received

04/27/09 - RFE Sent back to VSC with additional documentation

05/11/09 - Approval notice received

05/18/09 - GreenCard arrived!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I think they wanna see new evidence from the past year you've been waiting to make sure the marriage is still valid before they can approve you. Just send in documents that show your life together from different months since filing and from before and good luck. :thumbs: I think the approval won't take long after.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline
The reason in the letter was that our petition Did not span the entire period of our marriage in sufficient detail. When reading the documents we sent them i.e. Travel documents of when we went to visit his family together (why would I take a vacation with someone I don't have a relationship with?!?!) Copy of our Auto Insurance with him listed as a named insured (he had just recently gotten his license in 2006) I sent copies of my 2007 policies, Affadvaits from my family members certifing we have an ongoing loving relationship, my pay stub claiming my status as single (only so we can have the max taxes taken out when we file for our refunds, which we included copies of our tax returns) and an old lease. The main problem we will most likely come across is we cannot provide proof except leases from we first got married in 2004. We never had joint bank account until just recently, the same with utilities they have always been in my name....

When I received my denied letter a sent to vermont a copy of everything update until now, I am now thinkking that it may be why i had an approved as soon I they took my biometrics and I did not received an RFE. Everything will be all right after you send your documents. . I remember that i did not want to send some of my old pictures because i do not have a copy, because they were taken with a all camera and my husband told me !!!!!DO NOT WORRY SEND EVERYTHING WE HAVE SO WE DO NOT HAVE TO GO AGAIN TO THE USCIS OFFICE!!!!!! and now i remember myself holding my pictures like they were my babies, hahhahahha now that i think about it it was so funny :blush::blush::blush::blush:

Good luck.

Maryces21

Mother's Journey

12/30/11 Sent I-130 Petition to CSC

01/14/11 Received NOA 1 (Priority date 01/02/11)

02/14/11 Could see case online

05/04/11 Waiting.......I am pregnant and I wish my Mom could be here when baby is born

05/23/11 Received email. Case approved. Yeahhhhhh

05/26/11 Received NOA 2 in the mail.

--------------NVC stage-----------------

06/07/11 NVC received case.

06/08/11 Called to give emails and got IIN.

06/10/11 Sent DS3032 email and paid AOS fee. Received auto response 15 seconds later.

06/14/11 AOS Showed Paid. Sent AOS Package.

06/16/11 NVC Received and accepted DS3032. AOS Package was delivered to NVC.

06/17/11 Paid IV fee.

06/22/11 IV Showed Paid.

06/23/11 Sent DS-230 via Express Mail.

06/24/11 DS 230 was delivered by USPS.

06/28/11 AOS was accepted per AVR.

06/30/11 Received AOS check list. Missing DS-230. (It was sent 06/23/11)

07/07/11 Case Complete per AVR and operator. Waiting for interview date.

08/01/11 Per NVC Operator Interview date 09/28/11

09/26/11 Medical test. Passed!!!!

09/28/11 Interview date @ BGT embassy. Approved!!!!!!!

10/06/11 Visa arrived.

10/19/11 Arrived to USA. POE ORLANDO

11/14/11 Received Green Card

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Do you have any envelopes addressed to just you and to just him? I sent in a bunch of items indicating either my name or my husband's name to show we had stuff mailed to the same address.....

The US immigration system is very frustrating- not sure about now but when I moved to the UK to marry my then- fiance it took a few days by mail (no interview) to get my UK fiance visa and then three hours at Liverpool to get my permanent residency card with full work permission. It was so easy and stress- free! I am really praying for you guys to get this straightened out as soon as possible- you are now the main reason I keep checking this board- I really feel for you! Take care! :thumbs:

See my timeline for all previous dates!

Naturalization:

6/28/09: Mail N-400 to Texas

7/6/09: NOA1

7/24/09: Biometrics

10/08/09: Interview

11/21/09: Receive oath date

01/22/10: Oath Date

With thanks to all the helpful people who made this journey slightly more bearable.

Send them the recent documents. Also send a history of your documents form the time your husband/wife was here. Make everything in detail for them to avoid asking the question WHY? Goodluck

N-400

June 08, 2009 - Mailed packet to TX lockbox

June 12, 2009 - USCIS TX received Packet

June 15, 2009 - Notice Date

June 19, 2009 - Recieved NOA

July 15, 2009 - Scheduled for biometrics

Sept 21, 2009 - Scheduled for Interview ....Passed the interview test

Oct. 16, 2009 - Oath taking

----------------------------------------------------------------

Never let a day go by without a dream.

Dream and dedication are a powerful combination.

Timeline

So here is everything we sent... hope it is enough

Contents of Documents:

Document 1 Auto insurance 2006-2009, Joint Title and Registration, and Driver’s Licenses

Document 2 Tax Transcripts from local IRS office 2005-2008, W2 Wage information for Dai and Tiffany 2005-2008, 2008 Tax Information/Corresponding Refund Bank statement

Document 3 2007 Tax Information/Corresponding Refund Bank statement

Document 4 2006 Tax Information/Corresponding Refund Bank statement

Document 5 Joint Bank Account information opened 2009

Document 6 Bank statements showing David’s wages deposited into Tiffany’s account, Authorization for Direct Deposit into Tiffany’s account for Dai

Document 7 Pay statements from 2005 reflecting deposit into same account

Document 8 Life, Health, Dental showing each other as beneficiary and Tiffany’s Retirement account reflecting Dai as beneficiary

Document 9 Copy of letter from current Landlord

Document 10 September 2004-September 2005 Lease

Document 11 January 2006- December 2006 Lease

Document 12 January 2007 – December 2007 Lease

Document 13 Adoption papers for our cats

Document 14 TV Rental Agreement

Document 15 Renters insurance information showing Tiffany and David are covered during our time at our previous address and current address

Document 16 Verizon bills in Dai's name and Electric bills in Tiffany’s showing same address from 2008-2009

We didnt have a lot of info from the first part of our marriage 2004-2007 becauase all of those bank accounts have long since closed, same with utilities from our prior address... Let me know what you think.

Totaled all the documents came to over 100 pages.

04/25/09 - RFE received

So here is everything we sent... hope it is enough

Contents of Documents:

Document 1 Auto insurance 2006-2009, Joint Title and Registration, and Driver’s Licenses

Document 2 Tax Transcripts from local IRS office 2005-2008, W2 Wage information for Dai and Tiffany 2005-2008, 2008 Tax Information/Corresponding Refund Bank statement

Document 3 2007 Tax Information/Corresponding Refund Bank statement

Document 4 2006 Tax Information/Corresponding Refund Bank statement

Document 5 Joint Bank Account information opened 2009

Document 6 Bank statements showing David’s wages deposited into Tiffany’s account, Authorization for Direct Deposit into Tiffany’s account for Dai

Document 7 Pay statements from 2005 reflecting deposit into same account

Document 8 Life, Health, Dental showing each other as beneficiary and Tiffany’s Retirement account reflecting Dai as beneficiary

Document 9 Copy of letter from current Landlord

Document 10 September 2004-September 2005 Lease

Document 11 January 2006- December 2006 Lease

Document 12 January 2007 – December 2007 Lease

Document 13 Adoption papers for our cats

Document 14 TV Rental Agreement

Document 15 Renters insurance information showing Tiffany and David are covered during our time at our previous address and current address

Document 16 Verizon bills in Dai's name and Electric bills in Tiffany’s showing same address from 2008-2009

We didnt have a lot of info from the first part of our marriage 2004-2007 becauase all of those bank accounts have long since closed, same with utilities from our prior address... Let me know what you think.

Totaled all the documents came to over 100 pages.

Witih these kind of reply to your RFE? You are fine. :thumbs:

N-400

June 08, 2009 - Mailed packet to TX lockbox

June 12, 2009 - USCIS TX received Packet

June 15, 2009 - Notice Date

June 19, 2009 - Recieved NOA

July 15, 2009 - Scheduled for biometrics

Sept 21, 2009 - Scheduled for Interview ....Passed the interview test

Oct. 16, 2009 - Oath taking

----------------------------------------------------------------

Never let a day go by without a dream.

Dream and dedication are a powerful combination.

Timeline

I hope its just random, the letter sounded totally nasty. Assuming we were 'trying to circumvent immigration law' <<--- this statement was in the letter :blink:

04/25/09 - RFE received

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
I hope its just random, the letter sounded totally nasty. Assuming we were 'trying to circumvent immigration law' <<--- this statement was in the letter :blink:

Wow, mine didn't have anything like that. Mine was just "send more evidence" pretty much.

Filing for N-400 now

TiffandDai,

I am glad at least you got some response from USCIS and got RFE and sent it out quickly, bravo on that. I guess you guys did contact a senator or congressman and i think that helped your case. But anyways i think you should hear a good new in a months time at the max.

Good Luck to you guys, your wait is almost over.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.