Chris and Debie

NVC UPDATES

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hello I read on another thread that they update Tuesdays and Saturdays .Is there any truth to this. We have been waiting since march 12 2009 for them to recieve from uscis.i have seen many go through any ideas why ours might be getting delayed.

Thankyou

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hello I read on another thread that they update Tuesdays and Saturdays .Is there any truth to this. We have been waiting since march 12 2009 for them to recieve from uscis.i have seen many go through any ideas why ours might be getting delayed.

Thankyou

I have had 3 updates this week and none of them have been on a Tuesday or a Saturday.

Timeline

Thankyou

I have had 3 updates this week and none of them have been on a Tuesday or a Saturday.

What type of updates I keep calling to see if we are recieved by NVC yet.Sometimes I speak with I think a live person but they always have the same answer 2-4 weeks and up to 90 days .I am wondering if we are lost in the shuffle,so many others are passing us by which is good .we would just like to get in. At least another step.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thankyou

What type of updates I keep calling to see if we are recieved by NVC yet.Sometimes I speak with I think a live person but they always have the same answer 2-4 weeks and up to 90 days .I am wondering if we are lost in the shuffle,so many others are passing us by which is good .we would just like to get in. At least another step.

04/17/09 : NVC Case Numbers issued - update with case number

04/22/09 : Received DS-3032/I-864 Bill - update saying DS-3032 & I-864 bill generated

04/23/09 : Receive I-864 Package - update saying I-864 paid allow 2 weeks for further info

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thankyou

Did u try to call them and speak to an operator ,i know they are working slower but I didnt think,it would take them more than a month to get a case.

Best of Luck

Mar 4,06 I-130 sent ,rcvd Mar 7,06

Oct 24,08 USC, called to Upgrade

Nov 1,08 Citizenship certificate sent

Jan 3,09 Case upgraded.

Jan 6,09 TOUCHED!!!

Feb 13,09 Approved : )

Feb 20,09 Case # assigned

Mar 2,09 bill paid online,DS-3032 emailed

Mar 4,09 NVC recvd fee

Mar 10,09 AOS sent

Mar 30,09 mailed DS-230

Apr 13,09 CASE COMPLETED(per operators)

Apr 20,09 FINAL REVIEW

Apr 21,09 CASE COMPLETED (per AVR)

Apr 23,09 called:INTERVIEW JUNE 24th

Jun 24,09 AP, 1-3 months

Calling DOS begins,here is what I was told

Jul 7,09 No info @ DOS

Jul 10,09 Case sent to DC-pending

Jul 17,09 Pending

Jul 24,09 Pending,you can call every day for update but the day they call him for passport it means something is up so you get to know it before we do

Jul 31,09 Pending AP

Aug 06,09 Call from USEM requesting to submit passport

Aug 07,09 Every thing looks very good,visa issuance is up to the consulate!!!

Aug 07,09 Passport submitted

Aug 07,09 USEM is requesting applicant's passport :)

Aug 17,09-call 1 Visa issued Aug 3rd,EM recvd passport on 10th but still havent returned it

Aug 17,09-call 2 Case pending some kind of processing (URGHHHHHHHHH NOT AGAIN)

Aug 18,09 call to pick up passport,picked up from AMEX

Sep 26,09 REUNION :)

my wife has been waiting more than 2 months for case number to be assigned at NVC. We are thinking we will need to file a petition to request action on an approved petition. However the fee is over $300. It is USCIS job to send approved petition to NVC, if something happend to it in-transit i think its unfair to have citizens pay for it.

I-130

July 28-- Mail to NSC

August 9---NOA1 Received from CSC

August 27---NOA2 Approval notice

September 24----Case # assigned By NVC

October 4-------NVC sent I-864 fee bill and DS-3032

October 12------Received I-864 Fee Bill and DS-3032

October 13------Sent I-864 fee bill and DS-3032 to NVC

October 14------I-864 fee Bill and DS-3032 delivered

October 15------DS-3032 updated in System

October 18-------IV bill Generated

October 30-------IV bill Received

October 30-------I-864 package received

November 1------IV bill and I-864 package Sent to NVC

November 2------IV bill and I-864 package Delivered

November 12-----IV bill updated in system

November 15-----DS-230 Part 1 Generated

November 22-----Received DS-230 Part 1

November 22-----Mailed DS-230 Part 1 to NVC

November 23-----DS-230 Part I delivered

November 26-----DS-230 Part I updated in System

November 29-----Case Under Review

December 2-------Case Completed

December 9-------Case forwarded to Embassy

December 14------Embassy receives Case

December 20------Interview Schedule Feb 01, 2005

December 29------wife receives packet 4

February 01-------VISA APPROVED

February 12--------Arrive in USA

I-751--

-December 5 2006---sent to CSC

-December 19--NOA 1 recvd--

-Feb 20th--Approval Notice--card production ordered

Timeline
my wife has been waiting more than 2 months for case number to be assigned at NVC. We are thinking we will need to file a petition to request action on an approved petition. However the fee is over $300. It is USCIS job to send approved petition to NVC, if something happend to it in-transit i think its unfair to have citizens pay for it.
what is this petition called exactly and do you have to wait a certain amount of time to file

thankyou chris

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Our case took over four months to get to NVC from USCIS. Although USCIS will tell you to file an application for an action on an approved case, you really don't have to pay a dime more than you already did. What happened with us, was it was stuck at USCIS for further investigations while they already mailed us a letter saying that the case has left for NVC.

We contacted our state senator regarding this issue, and they inquired for us, and told us this info.

A week later the case was forwarded to NVC.

.png

Timeline
Our case took over four months to get to NVC from USCIS. Although USCIS will tell you to file an application for an action on an approved case, you really don't have to pay a dime more than you already did. What happened with us, was it was stuck at USCIS for further investigations while they already mailed us a letter saying that the case has left for NVC.

We contacted our state senator regarding this issue, and they inquired for us, and told us this info.

how long after contacting your senator did it take

Thankyou

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

how long after contacting your senator did it take

Thankyou

Chris and Debie -

Suggest that you check out this VJ thread - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=187986

it's been around for a little while now, gathering a collection of people with same situation, namely slow progress of approved cases from USCIS to NVC.

Also - you should note that you are a K1. Some of the response you've had here are from IR1/CR1. They have a very different process going through NVC, so their experiences will not be directly comparable to yours. Just keep that in mind.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.