decker

the power of the two bit bureaucrat

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

my last posting was generally happy. Linh was about to get her visa. All was good. Here is the background and the rest of the story.

17 March we got to the Consulate in HCM to do a Consular Report of Birth Abroad. Everything went well and no mention of a DNA test.

23 March we go back to the consulate for her interview. We had to bring our newborn son and Linhs daughter from a previous marriage. She had to return with our son's passport when it arrived and a picture of her with her daugther. Fine. Again no mention of DNA.

16 April she goes back to the consulate to pick up the CRBA and passport. She tries to turn this in and trouble starts. The VN CO tells her that the window is closed, she is late, go home. Linh tries to explain the whole infant son thing but it aint working. VN chick goes away, Linh spies and American and asks him who agrees to help. VN chick returns and she is having none of this. Starts going off on American dude and Linh. Linh is sent packing.

17 April. Linh returns and don't you know she gets VN chick. VN chick does not say anything, just hands her a instruction packet to get DNA done not only on our son, but on her daughter as well. Swell.

So the lesson here kids is do what you are told the first time. Enjoy your day.

Decker, sorry about your troubles.

But just curious...you say to do what you were told the first time. I could not see in your post what she was told to do but did not do. What would you do differently?

Good luck to you both. You are almost there.

Decker, sorry about your troubles.

But just curious...you say to do what you were told the first time. I could not see in your post what she was told to do but did not do. What would you do differently?

Good luck to you both. You are almost there.

I gather from the post it means when VN chick said im closed go home she should have left and not involved american dude etc...

Mailed n-400 : 4-3-14

USCIS Received : 4-4-14

NOA1 Sent : 4-8-14

Biometrics Appt Letter Sent : 4-14-14

Biometrics Appt : 5-5-14

usaflag.gifphilippinesflag.gif

Poverty Guidelines : http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
VisaJourney Guides : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides
K1 Flowchart : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow
K1/K3 AOS Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos
ROC Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

DSC04023-1.jpg0906091800.jpg93dc3e19-1345-4995-9126-121c2d709290.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

VN chick said go home and Linh should have gone home and not involved American dude.

I have heard a lot of negative comments about the VN staff at the HCM consulate. Even when I did the CRBA, the VN staff was interrogating me pretty hard, but the American was very nice and relaxed. Even the American that initially interviewed Linh was very nice about everything.

As a follow up, I contacted a lab in Seattle that routinely does this DNA. The lady I spoke to said that they handle at least 2 a week from HCM alone. There are about twenty other labs on the list so how many more people are being directed to do this.

It is a pretty easy process in theory anyway, but it is costing me almost 1100 dollars to establish the relationship between Linh, me and our son and the relationship between Linh and her daughter. Awesome.

Hopefully VN chick regains face and leaves us alone after this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.