just_friend

Misspelled name on NOA2

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Hello VJ. I am freaking out. I just found out that my name is misspelled on NOA2. Its only one letter but i know its a really big deal and have no idea what to do now. We are sooo firing our attorney. I already have scheduled interview in 9 days and am really stressed.

Any thoughts are appreciated

AOS

5/15/09 Got married

6/24/09 NOA for AOS/EAD/AP

7/28/09 Biometrics

7/10/09 Transfer to CSC

8/03/09 Touch on AOS

8/06/09 EAD and AP approved

8/07/09 Touch EAD/AP

8/11/09 GC card production ordered e-mail at 6.15am on 8/12 (go figure)

8/11/09 Touch on EAD card production ordered again

8/12/09 EAD approval notice sent

8/14/09 EAD and AP received in the mail

8/14/09 GC approval notice sent

8/18/09 Welcome notice

8/20/09 GC in the mail Yay. DONE WITH USCIS TILL 2011

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello VJ. I am freaking out. I just found out that my name is misspelled on NOA2. Its only one letter but i know its a really big deal and have no idea what to do now. We are sooo firing our attorney. I already have scheduled interview in 9 days and am really stressed.

Any thoughts are appreciated

Hi,

Me too but 2 letters on my NOA2...

What my husband did is he called USCIS and NVC to correct it, they gave us a reference number and they corrected it.You can call either one of them.

39b2fa9yhv20c.png

TIMELINE

K-3 VISA:

EAD:

04.20.2009 : Received Date

05.05.2009 : Received NOA from USCIS

07.28.2009 : Biometrics Appointment

08.04.2009 : EAD Card REceived in mail

AOS:

02.22.2010 : Mailed AOS Application via USPS Express Mail

02.23.2010 : Received date (Chicago Lockbox)

03.02.2010 : Received NOA

03.25.2010 : Biometrics Appointment

05.14.2010 : Interview [Passed!!! Yahoo! Thank God :)]

06.12.2010 : Green Card Received

Timeline

Were you able to correct it before the interview? Did they send you another NOA2 or just a document saying which name is right?

AOS

5/15/09 Got married

7/28/09 Biometrics

7/10/09 Transfer to CSC

8/03/09 Touch on AOS

8/07/09 Touch EAD/AP

8/18/09 Welcome notice

Timeline
Were you able to correct it before the interview? Did they send you another NOA2 or just a document saying which name is right?

You can try it call them before interview, me i just found out after im here in the US by K3 visa but i still need to correct the I-130 for future filings.Coz in my I-129F(K3) my name is correct but in the I-130 NOA and NOA2 is not thats why...

No, they didnt sent me another one they just asked my husband what is the correct spelling and then immediately they corrected it and they gave a reference number thats all...=)

39b2fa9yhv20c.png

TIMELINE

K-3 VISA:

EAD:

AOS:

Timeline

Thank you very much for the quick response. Unfortunately we have to wait till monday to call and see what is going to happen. I am really uspet right now. When you think everything is going well and something goes wrong. I can't believe we didn't catch it earlier but no point of blaming ourselves and just focusing on fixing the problem.

AOS

5/15/09 Got married

7/28/09 Biometrics

7/10/09 Transfer to CSC

8/03/09 Touch on AOS

8/07/09 Touch EAD/AP

8/18/09 Welcome notice

Timeline
Thank you very much for the quick response. Unfortunately we have to wait till monday to call and see what is going to happen. I am really uspet right now. When you think everything is going well and something goes wrong. I can't believe we didn't catch it earlier but no point of blaming ourselves and just focusing on fixing the problem.

Ur welcome...

Yeah i know thats why i kept telling my husband before to call coz i dont want any future problems with my papers.Sometimes they(USCIS) do mistakes on the names, they call it TYPO ERROR so your not alone... :)

39b2fa9yhv20c.png

TIMELINE

K-3 VISA:

EAD:

AOS:

Timeline

Our attorney e-mailed me that he fixed the problem back in December. Apparently my name was wrong on NOA1 too. They sent him letter acknowledging the correct spelling. Probably that's why we had a touch on 12/29/08. I just don't understand if they acknowledge that how can they do the same mistake again with the NOA2.

The attorney said that it won't be problem for the interview but I still have my doubts. If they spelled it incorrectly on the NOA2 maybe they did it with some of the other documents sent to the consulate. Oh well. I guess I will see in 9 days.

Wish me good luck

AOS

5/15/09 Got married

7/28/09 Biometrics

7/10/09 Transfer to CSC

8/03/09 Touch on AOS

8/07/09 Touch EAD/AP

8/18/09 Welcome notice

Timeline

it is really no big deal... I totally misspelled my son's first name and it did not cause an issue

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I dont' wish to cause you any undue concern, as you have enough already. My NOA2 had my fiance's 2nd and 3rd FIRST names abbreviated. The Embassy call-center staffer told me to compose a letter with the corrected, FULL legal name spelled out, then fax that to them with her official birth certificate.

Now, perhaps this is merely a Philippines concern, and very well may be no big deal in the Ukraine. Perhaps you'll be able to find out during your phone call tomorrow.

GodSpeed on your interview!

Moving on w/life

Timeline

A little update. It has gotten even worse. The official letter our attorney sent us (the one from USCIS stating the change of the my last name) has my first name wrong. He is saying that this won't matter because the only thing that is important is the NOA2 and my first name is correct in it. I couldn't call the embassy because I was waiting for the letter so now I still don't know if we are good or not. My fiance called the National Customer Service Centre just to make sure the last name is corrected and they said they will send him a paper copy for confirmation. Seriously doubt it will get there on time for my interview.

And because this is not bad enough I also found mistakeS in the Affidavid of Support. It says my finace is living in Germany instead of USA (he is born there), and my name is spelled wrong in 2 places (not even the same mistake). My SO sent me another Affidavid today and hopefully in time for the interview. He has never been very carefull with documents and he just trusted too much the attorney to check the information and he just sent it to me. I was so upset with both of them. I don't know if he is incompetent or his employees are but all in all they made mistakes (lots of them). I surely hope that everything will be ok but I am so nervous right now.

Wish us good luck.

AOS

5/15/09 Got married

7/28/09 Biometrics

7/10/09 Transfer to CSC

8/03/09 Touch on AOS

8/07/09 Touch EAD/AP

8/18/09 Welcome notice

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
A little update. It has gotten even worse. The official letter our attorney sent us (the one from USCIS stating the change of the my last name) has my first name wrong. He is saying that this won't matter because the only thing that is important is the NOA2 and my first name is correct in it. I couldn't call the embassy because I was waiting for the letter so now I still don't know if we are good or not. My fiance called the National Customer Service Centre just to make sure the last name is corrected and they said they will send him a paper copy for confirmation. Seriously doubt it will get there on time for my interview.

And because this is not bad enough I also found mistakeS in the Affidavid of Support. It says my finace is living in Germany instead of USA (he is born there), and my name is spelled wrong in 2 places (not even the same mistake). My SO sent me another Affidavid today and hopefully in time for the interview. He has never been very carefull with documents and he just trusted too much the attorney to check the information and he just sent it to me. I was so upset with both of them. I don't know if he is incompetent or his employees are but all in all they made mistakes (lots of them). I surely hope that everything will be ok but I am so nervous right now.

Wish us good luck.

good luck!

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.