Theglassguy

Im so in love with my girl in the Ukraine

20 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It was filed on the 3/31/09 they sent me a email stating they have it in hand on 4/4/09.So how long is this going to take for it to be approved?? I see the time line is 4 to 6 months??She has a son who is 2 years old so does this slow things up any??I own a Business and I see that I have to file a I 134 affidavit of support.I called my Lawyer and ask if we needed to do that now he told me I did not.That he would do that after they have sent him a email saying we are Approved?So do I get this puppy put together and ready now or wait?

The thing is I show big gross sales in my business but not much net,So will they look at my net or my gross for my company.I make real good money but I have a shop and I have big over head.I still make good money but last year was a hit for me.I lost about 75,000.I went from 235,000 to 160,000.Plus I took over another business the drove my over head even higher.I still did good even with the economy taking a bad turn.The only thing is I owe some back taxes and I have worked this out with the IRS and Im in no trouble.

I guess what Im asking he how long will this take to get her to Kiev for the interview?

And does it mater what my Net is to my gross?

And do they look at IRS back taxes?

Most business have problems with the Tax man this days,With economy not doing all that great.They seem to focus more on us small guys then the big ones.

And any pit falls I need to look for.

Oh did I say i miss my girl so bad and I love her more then any thing.God when you meet you soul mate there really is nothing you can do about it.

It was filed on the 3/31/09 they sent me a email stating they have it in hand on 4/4/09.So how long is this going to take for it to be approved?? I see the time line is 4 to 6 months??She has a son who is 2 years old so does this slow things up any??I own a Business and I see that I have to file a I 134 affidavit of support.I called my Lawyer and ask if we needed to do that now he told me I did not.That he would do that after they have sent him a email saying we are Approved?So do I get this puppy put together and ready now or wait?

The thing is I show big gross sales in my business but not much net,So will they look at my net or my gross for my company.I make real good money but I have a shop and I have big over head.I still make good money but last year was a hit for me.I lost about 75,000.I went from 235,000 to 160,000.Plus I took over another business the drove my over head even higher.I still did good even with the economy taking a bad turn.The only thing is I owe some back taxes and I have worked this out with the IRS and Im in no trouble.

I guess what Im asking he how long will this take to get her to Kiev for the interview?

Most business have problems with the Tax man this days,With economy not doing all that great.They seem to focus more on us small guys then the big ones.

Oh did I say i miss my girl so bad and I love her more then any thing.God when you meet you soul mate there really is nothing you can do about it.

No need the I-134 until the interview. If things go well in about 6 months. Get tax transcripts from IRS. 800 829 1040. 24/7 and free. Don't take so many write offs!!!

USCIS doesn't really seem to care if you owe back taves. Just how much you made or are making.

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

It was filed on the 3/31/09 they sent me a email stating they have it in hand on 4/4/09.So how long is this going to take for it to be approved?? I see the time line is 4 to 6 months??

Yes - average.

She has a son who is 2 years old so does this slow things up any??

Shouldn't be a problem. Make sure the father allows her to take the child out of the country (get it in writing)

I own a Business and I see that I have to file a I 134 affidavit of support.I called my Lawyer and ask if we needed to do that now he told me I did not.That he would do that after they have sent him a email saying we are Approved?So do I get this puppy put together and ready now or wait?

As mentioned - you send that at the time of the interview. Eventually you will need to do the I-864 during the AOS.

Can you show you made more than $23K as income?

Time varies - 6 months maybe?

Not if you meet the poverty level needed.

No - but they will want your tax transcripts. (current year filing - 3 years if you need more evidence to show income levels

:guides:

yes there is, you marry them.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Timeline

No need the I-134 until the interview. If things go well in about 6 months. Get tax transcripts from IRS. 800 829 1040. 24/7 and free. Don't take so many write offs!!!

USCIS doesn't really seem to care if you owe back taves. Just how much you made or are making.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I received 221g at the consulate in Bangkok partly for owing back taxes. Even though I am paying the IRS monthly. This is how they looked at it. I made $18500 for 2007. I owed the IRS $10,000 from 2006. So in their mind, I only made $8500 for 2007. Fortunately, I made over $50k in 2008, so I gave them the return and corresponding 1099s, and W-2s for 2008. I also gave them a statement from the IRS showing that I have been paying them every month. That solved that problem.

I still don't know why my petition wasn't denied at the NVC stage. (You probably don't have to worry about the NVC part as you are a K visa.)

If your annual salary, minus what you owe the IRS is above the poverty guidelines, then you should be fine.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Timeline

Thanks for the replies guys.Man that was fast. Yes i have the last 7 years of tax returns.Plus I have bank statements and Profit and loss for the last 3 years.ANd any thing else they can think of asking for.18 years and business and dealing with the IRS has made me save every thing LOL

Timeline

This is exactly what it said on the 221g.

The box checked was "Other" and then they filled in this:

"Information related to IRS lien against the petitioner"

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received GC 2009-04-01

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

I received 221g at the consulate in Bangkok partly for owing back taxes. Even though I am paying the IRS monthly. This is how they looked at it. I made $18500 for 2007. I owed the IRS $10,000 from 2006. So in their mind, I only made $8500 for 2007. Fortunately, I made over $50k in 2008, so I gave them the return and corresponding 1099s, and W-2s for 2008. I also gave them a statement from the IRS showing that I have been paying them every month. That solved that problem.

I still don't know why my petition wasn't denied at the NVC stage. (You probably don't have to worry about the NVC part as you are a K visa.)

If your annual salary, minus what you owe the IRS is above the poverty guidelines, then you should be fine.

Yeah I can see if you are on a payment program with IRS or any payments like child support it would be taken in to account.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

And do they look at back taxes?

OOPs How did USCIS find out you owed back taxes??

Edited by Haole

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

Was that on your Gross or Net?? My Lawyer has told me 2 times that they go off my Gross.So my gross is really good but after I take every thing out it shows my profite is not that high.I could show more but Im a small business.The taxes i owe is being handled by another lawyer.Its not that much.I have talk to my lawyer about this and he said he does not see this as a problem.He is working on a settlement for me in the next 3 months.If they do this I wont owe that much but Ill still be making payments to them.I had a bad accountent for 4 years and on top of that I had a wife that was alwas drunk.So after I got out of that 2 years later i got hit with a tax bill and life was really hard.But now things are great but Im worried this will be some thing that could be a problem.

So if I need to take care of this faster then Im going to jump on it next week with my lawyer.Please tell me any advice or maybe Im putting the cart before the horse?I still have a long ways to go.

Timeline

And do they look at back taxes?

OOPs How did USCIS find out you owed back taxes??

USCIS never said anything. It was Dept. of State. I have no idea how they found out, but they did. They knew the dates, the amount, everything. Like I was saying, since I was IR-1, I had to go through that whole process at NVC. I filed I-864 with NVC. My case was approved, and then sent to the BKK Embassy. The Embassy are the people that brought it up and issued me 221g. Kinda blows my mind.

Was that on your Gross or Net?? My Lawyer has told me 2 times that they go off my Gross.So my gross is really good but after I take every thing out it shows my profite is not that high.I could show more but Im a small business.The taxes i owe is being handled by another lawyer.Its not that much.I have talk to my lawyer about this and he said he does not see this as a problem.He is working on a settlement for me in the next 3 months.If they do this I wont owe that much but Ill still be making payments to them.I had a bad accountent for 4 years and on top of that I had a wife that was alwas drunk.So after I got out of that 2 years later i got hit with a tax bill and life was really hard.But now things are great but Im worried this will be some thing that could be a problem.

So if I need to take care of this faster then Im going to jump on it next week with my lawyer.Please tell me any advice or maybe Im putting the cart before the horse?I still have a long ways to go.

They go by AGI. Adjusted Gross Income.

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received GC 2009-04-01

Note:

Welcome to the USA!!!

Timeline
It was filed on the 3/31/09 they sent me a email stating they have it in hand on 4/4/09.So how long is this going to take for it to be approved?? I see the time line is 4 to 6 months??

Yes - average.

Shouldn't be a problem. Make sure the father allows her to take the child out of the country (get it in writing)

The father is not in the picture he vaninshed and never claimed the boy for his own,Her son has her last name.

I own a Business and I see that I have to file a I 134 affidavit of support.I called my Lawyer and ask if we needed to do that now he told me I did not.That he would do that after they have sent him a email saying we are Approved?So do I get this puppy put together and ready now or wait?

As mentioned - you send that at the time of the interview. Eventually you will need to do the I-864 during the AOS.

No - but they will want your tax transcripts. (current year filing - 3 years if you need more evidence to show income levels

Timeline

Yes - average.

The father is not in the picture he vaninshed and never claimed the boy for his own,Her son has her last name.

You are right and thats what Im doing going to merry her and give her every thing I can.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

You present the I-134 at the interview in Ukraine. You do not send any documents to the consulate, your fiancee will bring them with her. Her son will make no difference in timing of the process.

They consider only the income you claim on your personal 1040. Not the gross sales of the company. It is the "net" from schedule C. Look at the 125% poverty guidelines for the I-864. I believe it is about $22,000 GROSS persoanl income (not business) for the guideline. They do not care about back taxes if you have a payment plan in place. If you have tax leins it can be a problem.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

You present the I-134 at the interview in Ukraine. You do not send any documents to the consulate, your fiancee will bring them with her. Her son will make no difference in timing of the process.

They consider only the income you claim on your personal 1040. Not the gross sales of the company. It is the "net" from schedule C. Look at the 125% poverty guidelines for the I-864. I believe it is about $22,000 GROSS persoanl income (not business) for the guideline. They do not care about back taxes if you have a payment plan in place. If you have tax leins it can be a problem.

Let me clarify. They filed a lien, and then I set up the payment plan. This was June of last year.

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received GC 2009-04-01

Note:

Welcome to the USA!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.