5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

SO I plan to marry my baby with in the 2 weeks of her arrival, but was wondering if she will need her SS card first before we can even attempt? How Long does it take to get the SS Card.. and where a tut? Which forms... etc... is there a post?

bd9a807528.png

K-1 Visa

Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2009-03-17

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-03-19

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-08-06

NVC Received : 2009-08-10

NVC Left : 2009-08-13

Packet 4 Received : 2009-08-22

Interview Date : 2009-09-25

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2009-10-1 (about 6 Months, 13days)

US Entry : 2009-11-02

AOS Interview: 2010-03-22

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
SO I plan to marry my baby with in the 2 weeks of her arrival, but was wondering if she will need her SS card first before we can even attempt? How Long does it take to get the SS Card.. and where a tut? Which forms... etc... is there a post?

You just can't walk into your county SS office and apply for a card, she would need either an EAD or a green card first. With the EAD, wife and daughter got a probationary card, with the green card, got those restrictions removed, with USC went back again with her certificate to have those conditions removed. You get accustomed to living in a state of limbo. My wife did have an internation drivers' license that my insurance company honored, so she wasn't locked up in the house.

Without that EAD, she couldn't work that bothered her as she is of the old fashion German work ethic, but did volunteer work at our local hospital, they really loved her so she got a job just a couple of days after getting that card, then the conditional green card, then the ten year card, then USC where she no longer had to prove she was legal to work. Plan on spending at least four years for this process. The USCIS is very much apart of your life. Keep on gathering evidence of your financial relationship, they don't care if you are happily married or not.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

You just can't walk into your county SS office and apply for a card, she would need either an EAD or a green card first.

That's not true. Go here for info:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...om&page=ssn

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
You just can't walk into your county SS office and apply for a card, she would need either an EAD or a green card first.

SSA is a federal office not a county... as not every country has one. and yes you can just walk in if yo are eligible to apply.... as a K-1 you are eligible to apply for the first 76 days from entry....

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

In my experience, you do not need a SS card to get married. You both will need proof of ID - your passports will work. I didn't see what state/county you are in. Suggest you read up on the requirements for your state/county.

Good Luck!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.